The car screeched to a stop and Jasie whipped her head to me, "You went to his house?!" Her eyes held an eager flame. 

"Just once." I murmered. 

"What happened? What did it look like? Was it big? I bet it was huge-" Jasie started.

"Jasie, relax-"

"Oh my god, did you sleep with him?" 

"No, no, no, no, no. Jasie you know me better than that." 

She put a hand over her heart. "Oh thank the Lord and Jesus Christ, my best friend did not lose it to a man-whore." 

Heat crept up my cheeks. Sure, Mason had a reputaion but, the feeling I'd gotten from him, it didn't match. 

Jasie pulled into a parking spot and we jumped out. She held out her arm and I gave her mine, and we walked into the school arms linked together. 

-

It was almost time for third period, and butterflys were beginning to fly in my stomach. I didn't know why I was so nervous. Math wasn't helping, it wasn't my strong suit. I hadn't seen Mason all day, but he'd said he would be there. 

"Okay, pages three and four due tomorrow." Ms. Tres called as the bell rang. I grabbed my books and hurried out into the crowded hallway. I barely made it to my locker without being crushed, and quickly shoved my books inside. The mass of people was beginning to thin and I set a brisk pace to third period.

I walked right as the bell rang and found Mason sitting in his seat, behind mine. I sat down and tried not to look at him, I didnt know if I could handle it. I pulled the flashdrive from my bag and held it in my hands. 

"Hello, hello everyone!" Ms. Chase's voice floated up from her desk. "Today we're starting presentations. Haliey Brodrick , you're up first and then Joshua Chank." 

After a few presentations it was clear that some people hadn't really completed the requirments. False information and guesses were pretty common. More names had been called and a small drop of hope filled my chest, Maybe we don't have to go today. But the relief was short lived when she called the next name: 

"Calsy Bringer and then Mason Shade. Calsy, if you would." She gestured to the front of the classroom. I stood and walked to the front of the class, Ms. Chase took the drive from me and plugged it in, and the project appeared on screen. 

I tried not to look at all the eyes trained apon me. Not even Mason's. Instead I started to talk, explaining things on the slides. Every now and then I heard giggles from the back of the class, but I couldn't lose focus. I told them the answers to the first questions I'd asked him and what I'd learned for the family visit. 

That was when Mia Padderson spoke up from the back, "Did you fuck him for this?"  A laugh spread through the class. "I mean, come on, we all can't just believe he gave you this, right? He doesn't tell anyone aything." More laughter.

I looked at Mason, but he didn't look at me. Or blink an eye about what was happening.

"Ms. Padderson that's enough." 

"But Ms. Chase, I'm just asking a simple question." She flipped her blonde hair over her shoulder, "Curiosity and all." 

"I don't care. You will not use that vulgar language in my class. And if I hear you say such things again I will write you up."

Mia shut her mouth but a smirk perched on her face as she stared at me. Giggles and noises still arose from the back. Words were staring to be whispered, and I had no doubt of what they were. The room was suddenly growing smaller, and all the eyes on me became more intimidating than before. I managed to squeak out the last couple of slides amidst the muttered obscenities. I finished just before the bell rang. 

"Mason, you will go tomorrow then." Ms. Chase called. I was out the door before I lost it. When I finally reached a bathroom, I locked myself in a stall and tried to breathe. Mason hadn't stood up for me. He just fucking sat there. God, I can't believe I expected more from him.

When I finally worked up the courage to leave I texted my mom:

Me: I don't feel good. Can you come get me?

Mom: Sorry honey, I wish I could. 

I didn't bother responding.  Instead I walked back to my locker only to find notes with the words slut and whore pasted to it. I peeled them off, slowly at first,  then ripping them off, I threw them away and stormed out of the school. I would walk home, if I didn't have a ride. That's when I saw him. 

He leaned against the same car, in the same position. But this time he walked towards me, but I didn't step to side and pretend I didn't see him. I held his gaze as he stopped in front of me and said,

"Get in the car."

"No." I answered. 

He tsked and wagged a finger at me, "Wrong answer sweetheart." 

 A bag was pulled over my head, and strong hands gripped me from behind pushing me forward. One hand pushed into my left arm and a strangled cry escaped me. My wrists were tied together but before I was shoved into the back I heard a voice say, "Careful, the boss wants her alive."

And then a door was shut and silence filled my ears.