Strange Magic Part 1

Lance stirred the water with his finger absentmindedly. How boring. Pidge wanted to know where they would find the galra next and everyone turned to look at Lance. Lance was a witch, but unlike Keith and Pidge, he practiced white arts. His ability was controlling water and healing people. He also gained insight into the future by meditating by water. The light blue markings on his arms were dull though, which meant he wasn't getting any visions. He had been waiting for hours and was starting to get annoyed.

"Hey," Keith said. He walked into the room where Lance was meditating. When they had gotten shot off into space Lance had asked Allura, a kind elven Princess from the planet Altea, if she had any sacred pools aboard her castle. Now the room was Lance's safe haven. The pool in the center of the room was lit with glowing stones at the bottom. The water refracted off of Lance's face, and the room was immersed with moving shadows.

Keith sat down, but made sure to keep a healthy distance from the water. Keith was also a witch, but he practiced fire magic, it was fed off of emotions. Fire magic was dangerous because it showed demonic energy. Keith, of course, hated water and refused to get too close.

"Hey," Lance said, not looking up from the undulating waves.

"Any luck?"

Lance sighed angrily, raking his hands through his brown hair. "No." Lance laid back, his star covered cloak cushioning his back. "I just don't get it. I usually get visions easily!"

"Maybe it just doesn't have an answer," Keith offered. "The galra are always moving. Perhaps it just can't get a direct view of where they are."

"Yeah, that makes sense," Lance said, sitting up and wrapping his cloak around himself. It was a special cloak that his mama had given to him. He was the only witch in his family since his abuela and his mama had given him her cloak. It was dark blue and billowy. It contained the stars, literally. The cloak acted as a window and showed different galaxies based on what he was feeling. Right now it was showing empty space to show how bored he was.

"Come on, Shiro's worried about you, and you know how he gets," Keith said, offering a hand to Lance. Lance took it and stood up, brushing himself off. Lance did know how Shiro got. Shiro was a werewolf and he considered everyone apart of his pack and was very protective of everyone. If he thought one of them was sad or hurt he'd go crazy trying to make it better.

Lance followed Keith into the control room where Shiro was pacing madly. Pidge was growing a plant to help hold a piece of metal together while she tinkered away. Pidge had plant/ technological magic. She could grow plants and make them do things similar to machines. She was accepted with open arms with the Olkarions who had abilities similar to Pidge's. An orange and black cat was laying at her feet, Hunk. Hunk was a shapeshifter, and usually took the form of a cat. Shrio snapped his head up when Lance entered and ran over to him and sniffed him wildly.

"Lance! Are you okay? You were in there a long time," Shiro said, eyeing Lance with concern.

"I'm fine," Lance said, looking away sheepishly. "I didn't get a vision. Sorry Pidge." Pidge snorted and continued tinkering.

"It's fine Lance," she said, a bright green light bouncing off her hands and she grew a marigold. "I didn't expect you to get answer any way. The glara just won't stay in one place. It'd be too hard to get a direct reading on them."

"That's what I said!" Keith said proudly.

Hunk jumped up and shifted into his Human form. He crushed Lance into a huge hug. "Aww, Lance. It's okay. Thanks for trying!" Lance chukled.

"Thanks big guy," Lance said. "Alright so what's the plan now?"

"We're going to go down to a planet in the Drax system. They have some very valuable Altean artifacts that I'd like to get back," Allura said, walking into the control room with Coran following closely behind. Coran was another elf, like Allura, only he wasn't royalty.

"Okay," Shiro nodded. "How long until we get there?"

"Actually number one, we're already here," Coran said, tweaking his light orange mustache. Coran gestured out the large windows to a light blue planet. It was pretty and reminded Lance of the ocean. Lance smiled at the memory, his cape changing into a blue galaxie.

"Okay team, everybody stick close together," Shiro said. "We don't know what the planet will be like."

"Actually--" Coran started, but Shiro growled, daring Coran to question his command. Coran backed off immediately, not willing to challenge the alpha about how he'd keep his pack safe.

Lance followed the rest of his teammates when the Castle landed. He kept close to the others as they exited the castle and began their trek to a large building in the distance. When they arrived, Allura knocked on the door calmly.

The door opened and everyone was ushered inside. Lance looked around in awe. Lance assumed they'd be entering a mansion of some sort but instead they stood on the outskirts of a busy market.

"Stick together," Shiro said. Lance nodded and scooted closer to Hunk. They followed the Princess for is seemed she knew where she was going. They had only taken a few steps past the first booth when Lance felt someone tug on his cloak. Lance turned around to see a pair of aliens eyeing his cloak greedily.

"How much for the cloak?" one asked. Lance narrowed his eyes.

"It's not for sale," Lance huffed. He gently tugged his cloak out of the aliens grip. The alien pouted and the other glared at Lance.

"I will pay you ten gac." he said. Lance glared.

"It's not for sale," Lance said once more.

"Twenty gac."

"He said it's not for sale," Keith's angry voice responded from behind him. Keith had stepped forward and his hands were immersed in flames. Lance tried not to flinch at the fire. Lance hated fire much like Keith hated water. They were polar opposites, which why Pidge always made jokes about how opposites really do attract after Lance had told the team Keith and Lance were dating. If looks could kill those aliens would be dad because Keith was sending his signature back-the-fuck-off-my-boyfriend-before-I-tear-your-throats-out glare.

The alien raised his hands in defeat. "I apologize. I did not realize you were witches." he said before pulling his friend away from Lance. Lance sighed gratefully.

"Thanks Keith," Lance said. Keith smiled at Lance and extinguished his flames.

"Come on, we're supposed to stick together. Shiro will kill us," Keith said grabbing Lance's wrist. His hands were still a little warm from the fire that had previously existed on his palms. Lance followed Keith happily.

Shiro was frowning at them when they had finally caught up with the rest of the group. "What did I say?" he asked pointedly.

"Sorry, someone wouldn't leave Lance alone," Keith answered.

"We're here," Allura said, cutting Shiro of from his soon-to-be lecture. They had arrived at a fancy looking booth. There was writing at the top that Lance couldn't read. Allura stepped forward and began communicating with the alien running it in a foreign language. They sounded like they were arguing.

Finally the alien dug around under the table and pulled out fancy looking items. Allura's face lit up in a grin at the apparent artifacts. Allura took them, paid the alien and stashed them in her bag. She turned around and flashed them a triumphant grin.

That's when the bomb exploded.