Coming home

Lance was giddy. He was going to surprise his boyfriends Keith and Shiro. He had gotten them tickets to see the musical 'Book of Mormon' they'd been talking about months. He walked into their apartment and followed the sounds of voices to the bedroom.

"I think it was better when Lance wasn't here," he heard Keith say stopping Lance dead in his tracks.

"Keith.." Shiro scolded gently.

"I'm just saying. Lance is so clingy and annoying," Keith said defensively. "I liked it better when it was just you an me."

"Yeah..Lance can be annoying at times.." Shiro said. Lance couldn't stop the tears flowing down his face. He was ruining their happiness. Lance took a deep breath and walked in, setting the tickets on the dresser. They snapped around when they saw him. "Lance! I thought you were working!"

"I got off early," lance said his voice cracking. How dare they pretend to care! "I'm sorry that you're unhappy. I'll leave now." Lance said before turning around and running out of the apartment, ignoring the calls from his now ex-boyfriends.

How could they? How could they just take him in and toss him out like he was trash? Was he trash? Maybe all of this was just some sick joke to make Lance look like an idiot. Lance ran out of the apartment and ran into the road.

Pain. Then nothingness.

Keith's POV

"Lance!" I called but he was already gone. "Shit!" I raced out, Shiro following closely behind. I hadn't meant for Lance to hear that. It was supposed to stay between Shiro and I.

I saw Lance run across the street. The warning had only just left the tip of my tongue when the bus rammed into his body. "LANCE!" I screamed. The bus driver got out and immediately asked Lance if he was okay. Lance didn't look okay.

His body was crumpled, his usual bright blue eyes were dull and a ring of red surrounded them, tears still sliding down his face. His chest, usually puffing up with pride was flat. No breath escaped his bloodied lips.

Lance was dead.

==Time Skip===

No one's POV

It's been two years since Lance died. Keith and Shiro never got over his death. How could they? They were still in love with a dead man. They'd see him everywhere. They'd be walking down the street and see a boy laugh so hard milk runs out of his nose.

"Augh! You made milk come out of my nose!" Lance yelled, wiping his nose and simultaneously complaining about the sting. Keith chukled.

"I told you I could." Keith said.

"Well I'm sorry," lance said, pushing Keith affectionately. "I thought you had no sense of humor."

Keith turned his head form the boy, a tear cascading down his cheeks. Shiro pulled them faster. Sometimes they see him in a movie or a commercial.

"Shiro! Shiro! Hurry it's on!" Lance screamed. He pointed at the Tv as a federal commercial came on about how saying 'That's gay' was wrong. And if you saw someone saying that to tell them it was wrong. Lanc snorted as the commercial ended. "Can you believe this?"

Shiro fought off a grin. "God, I thought you were kidding!"

"Why would I kid about gay commercials?" Lance asked with a laugh.

"Technically it's not a gay commercial," Keith said. "Did you just assume that commercials sexuality?"

"Maybe." Lance said, throwing popcorn at keith and laughing as it got stuck in his hair. "What are you gonna do about it?"

"Maybe I'll just...tickle you to death!" Keith screamed before attacking Lance. Lance yelled as he was tickled. Shiro smiled fondly at his boys.

Shiro turned the TV off. The house was silent now. Lance was usually screaming about this or that but now the house's only noise was Shiro's screaming when the nightmares became to real.

"Kashi?" A voice asked. Shiro couldn't tell if it was real or not. "Kashi honey it's okay. Breathe sweetie it was just a dream."

"Not real?" Shiro huffed. He felt his heart slowing.

"That's right, honey," Lance said. "Not real. Do you know where you are?"

"Home," Shiro said. "With you and Keith?"

"That's right," Lance said. He rubbed Shiro's back soothingly. "Kashi you're safe."

"Safe," Shiro repeated, resting his head against Lance alchemy. Lance's heartbeat lulled him back to sleep.

Shiro walked into the bedroom and gasped when he saw Keith preparing a noose.

"Keith! What are you doing?!" Shiro cried. Keith faced him with tears rolling down his face.

"I miss him.." Keith murmured. "I want to see him. I want to tell him I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said. I miss him so much. I just want to hold him...tell him I love him...."

Shiro nodded his head sadly. "I do too." Shiro looked at the noose for a second before deciding. "Let's make a pact."

"Huh?"

"Let's kill ourselves together," Shiro explained.

Keith nodded and made another noose from the rope he had left over. He handed it to Shiro wordlessly and pressed a kiss to his lips.

They stood up on the chair and looked at the moon.

"Lance, we're coming home."