Origins

"Paladins! You must leave now! The witch has arrived!" Allura cried into the comm. Lance cringed at the loudness. His head was ringing from a shot to the head. He grimaced and clutched his stomach which had been hit with a sword of some sort.

"Come on team, get to your lions!" Shiro screamed. Lance ran to blue and jumped into the wormhole where the rest of the lions were waiting for him. Then out of nowhere a purple lighting hit the wormhole.

Lance felt the buzzing energy hit him. It felt like a pleasant tingle, until it burned. Lance screams were joined with the rest of the paladins. It hurt like hell. Lance thought that his skin was burning off. Then as suddenly as it had appeared it left. Lance panted in his seat wincing as the movement caused his wounds to bleed more.

"Is..everyone..okay?" Shiro asked in between breaths.

"Yeah."

"I'm fine."

"Um...I threw up.."

"Lance?" Shiro asked. Lance gulped and willed himself to speak.

"I got hit pretty bad," Lance said ignoring the tense silence that followed. "During the battle, not the lighting thing that just hit us, I mean. I'm bleeding pretty bad." Lance chuckled darkly. "I should be fine we just have to get to the castle soon."

"Okay Lance try not to move too much," Shiro said finally. "And we're talking about the whole 'not-telling-anyone-about-getting-injured-in-battle' thing."

Lance nodded weakly, not trusting his voice. When they arrived in the hangar Lance fell forward out of the pit and landed in someone's hands. He blacked out.

==time skip==

It was cold for a second as Lance fell then the cold was replaced with warm hands. Lance looked up to see Hunk's worried expression. Then the comfort he felt changed into confusion.

"Lance? Ua hanaʻia kēia mea." Hunk whispered. What? Lance had no clue what Hunk was saying. He vaguely remembered Hunk telling him his first language was Hawaiian but why was Hunk speaking in Hawaiian? Nobody spoke Hawaiian here.

"Um..I don't know what Hunk here is saying," Pidge cut in. "But I think he's trying to tell you about the curse." Lance tilted his head in confusion. "Remember the weird lighting that hit the wormhole? It was a curse from Haggar. It reverts us to our first language. So whatever language you learned first is the one that you speak until Coran figures out a way to reverse it. So Hunk's speaking in Hawaiian. Shiro's speaking in Japanese. Thankfully Keith learned English first but we still have three people speaking weird languages."

"Actually I know a little bit of spanish," Keith cut in.

"Okay so how long will it take Coran to fix this?" Lance asked. They stared at him in confusion. "What?"

"Umm..Lance what are you doing?" Pidge asked. Lance stared at her.

"What are you talking about? I'm talking to you." Lance said. Until he looked down and saw that he wasn't actually speaking. Shit. He was signing. Fuck. Lance was deaf. So the first language he learned was sign language. Then his family and neighbors pitched in to get him a special surgery that cured his deafness (that's not a real thing but it's fanfiction so why not) but Lance still knew sign language.

"He'ōlelo hōʻailona" Hunk said loudly. It didn't help the other paladins. Finally Lance just sighed and grabbed a paper and pen.

The first language I learned was sign language. Lance wrote. Pidge 'oohed' and clicked her tongue. "Oh, I see. Wait why did you learn sign language? I thought your first language was spanish?"

Langst one shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें