Too Loud; Prologue

Hey guys, I just wanted to thank all of you for your suggestions. I loved all of them. Here is the prologue to the 'Too Loud' miniseries. Enjoy! Note; anything in italics is Spanish. 

Lance screamed as the belt came down on him. His father laughed at the agony. Lance fought the tears that threatened to fall. If he cried he would get punished. His father brought the belt down on his back again, the buckle slicing his back open. Lance bit his tongue to keep from screaming. His father frowned. He brought the belt down harder, and this time Lance couldn't hold the screams in.

After what felt like ages his father stopped. He threw the belt on the floor, spit on Lance and left, "Clean up the blood you worthless piece of trash." his father muttered.

Lance took a shaky breath and let go of the rope he was holding. His body fell to the floor, too exhausted to stand. Everything hurt. It was so painful.

This wasn't the first time he had been whipped, but this was definitely the worst. He had dropped a plate and it had broke, shattered shards strewn across the floor. Lance thought he had picked up all the pieces but he missed a piece and when Lance's father came home he stepped on it.

Lance knew he needed to get up and clean the blood off the floor, but he couldn't will his damaged body to move an inch. Black dots danced across Lance's vision as the blood loss got to him.

Lance blacked out from the pain.

When Lance came to his father was standing over him, his face contorted in rage. "What did I tell you?!" His father screamed. He kicked Lance in the stomach, and Lance felt one of his ribs break. "Didn't I say to clean up the blood? I cleaned it up for you, you dumb shit! There's blood on my shirt!!"

"I'm sorry papa," Lance said. Lance's father sneered.

"No I'm sorry," he said with a hateful grin. "I'm sorry you were born. But I know how you can make it up to me."

Lance gulped, his body trembled with fear. This was not going to be good. Lance's father laughed at the fear displayed on his sons face.

"I'm going on a business trip and I need to make sure you don't try to leave," his father said. Lance was yanked up off the ground by his hair. Lance yelped as the pull caused whatever had begun to heal to rip open once more. Lance felt more blood trickle down his destroyed back.

His father forced Lance onto his feet and pushed him into the basement. Lance heard the lock click. Lance felt his claustrophobia creeping up on him. Lance hated the dark. Bad things always happens in the dark. Then he heard the noise.

It was loud. To say the very least. It was so fucking loud, Lance thought his ears were about to burst. It was some sort of high pitched hum, similar to a screeching. Lance thought he heard his father Laugh but he couldn't be sure. He couldn't hear anything but the noise. Lance braced his ears and tried to block out the noise but it was still there.

Lance was slowly going crazy. How much time had passed? Had it been a minute? Or an hour? A say? Or a year? Lance couldn't remember. All he could remember was the noise. He curled up in a ball and sobbed He tried screaming to block out the noise, but all he did was scream himself hoarse.

Soon Lance stopped fighting the noise. It was just apart of his life. His horrible, shitty life and the noise. It was as if Lance and the noise was one. Usually when you hear a noise long enough your body gets so used to it that soon you don't hear any more. Lance was praying for that to happen. But it didn't. Maybe it was just too high pitched. Maybe it was just too loud to mix with his brain.

Lance drifted through consciousness. He couldn't remember how long he had been in the dark. It didn't matter either, it felt like an eternity so in Lance's mind it was.