22

Ethan's POV

I felt a pain go through my chest. "You- you don't remember me?" I asked again. She shook her head.

"Im sorry. I really want to remember you, but I cant." she apologized.

"It's fine."

"What were we? Why would you be so important to remember?" she asked, curiously.

"We were dating. You were perfect for me, and I was perfect for you. We had a rough, a very rough, past, but you fell for me after it all. I loved you so so much. With everything I had in me. I loved the way you would giggle with your nose scrunched up. I loved the way you would push a hair behind your ear when you blushed. I loved the way you played with your fingers when you were nervous. I loved the way you looked in my eyes and kept looking until I looked away. I loved the way you cared so much about me, even when I was in a bad mood or I pushed you away. I loved everything about you, Mads. Please- please remember me." I spoke to her, grabbing her hand. Tears flowed down my face.

"I'm sorry. I- I don't remember." she said softly as she looked down.

I ran out of the room and out that hospital faster than I had ever run before. It was pouring rain- but I didn't care.

She really didn't remember me. She didn't remember what we had.

My head was being held up by my hands and I sobbed into them. I couldn't explain the feeling I had.

I was lost. I was broken. I was scared.

I was numb.