18

Madison's POV

"Stop mom." I said sternly. She rolled her eyes.

"Who is it? Are you her boyfriend? I swear to god if you ar-"

"Yes, he's my boyfriend. Leave us the fuck alone." I sharply spat to her.

"Don't stay with her. She's just going to drag you into her problems and you'll want to leave within a week." she said to Ethan.

"I'm sure I'll be okay, thanks for the heads up though." he said sarcastically. I held in my laugh as I led him upstairs, ignoring the fact that my mom left the house once again.

"Alright, what do you need help on?" I asked, shutting the door.

"Everything." he admitted as he took out his math book.

I giggled. "Okay, but I might not be able to help you too much. I'm not the best at math."

"I don't care. Any time I have with you is all that matter." he said, making me blush.

After about two hours of helping him, we decided that I would stay over his house for the night. We got into his car and drove there.

"Listen, babe, if Grayson seems a bit.. off, just don't bother him about it. He's been having a tough time lately." Ethan informed me. I nodded and sang along to the song that was playing.

I know it hurts sometimes but
you'll get over it.
you'll find another life to live
I swear that you'll get over it.

And I know you're sad and tired
you got nothing left to give.
you'll find another life to live
I know that you'll get over it.

Ethan laughed at my horrific singing as we pulled into his driveway. Some of the lights inside were on, signaling that people were home.

"Hey mom." Ethan said, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. My heart warmed at the interaction he had with her. I could tell he had come so far.

"Hey Ethan. Oh! Hey Madison. How are you?" she asked politely.

"I'm good. How are you?"

"Perfect, thanks for asking. I'm so sorry, we already had dinner. If I knew you were coming I would have held it off. Do you want me to make you something honey?"

I smiled. "That's fine, Ethan and I ate as well. Thank you so much for the offer, though."

She sent me a smile and headed into the kitchen. My day was always brightened whenever I talked to their mother.

"Babe, I'm just going to head to the store real quick to pick up some things. You can come if you want." Ethan said, grabbing his keys.

"That's fine, I'll stay here." I said. I picked his lips and he went out the door.

I decided I would just chill in Ethan's bed and wait for him to come back. After about 5 minutes, I heard Ethan's door open. Assuming it was him, I smiled.

"Hey." I said, not looking up from my phone.

"Hey." I heard back, but instead of Ethan's voice, it was Grayson's.

"Oh, hey Grayson. What's up?" I asked, curious as to why he was here.

"Well, knowing you were in here, alone, made me want to come see you." he said seductively.

"U-um, Grayson?" I said, getting nervous as his hand trailed up and down my thighs.

"He doesn't have to know," he said, getting up. "think about it, Madison. You and me." he walked out.

I was left there, stunned. But the thing I was most surprised about

was that I was actually debating doing it.