8

Madison's POV

"Gray, I don't know what to do." I said as I paced around his room. "He's just being- nice. I-I don't know. What if it's just an act?"

He looked at me with sympathy. "Listen, Madi, I know that this is hard for you. After everything he's done, I don't expect you to forgive him over night. But please, give him a chance. I can tell he's really trying, and I can also assure you this isn't an act." He spoke, standing up. "If I'm being honest, he's been nicer to everyone now. Me, our mom, family and friends.." he looked down, "just please, try to forgive him."

I looked down and smiled. "Okay, I'll try. But not for him, for you. I will try for you."

Grayson smiled and hugged me. "Thank you so much Madi. I love you."

"I love you too Gray."

I began to grab my things and put them back into my backpack. "I think I'm gonna head out, it's getting late." I told him, smiling as I waved.

"Alright. See you on Monday." He smiled and waved back.

I walked down the stairs and once again admired the house. I saw Ethan sitting on the couch by the door.

"Um, bye Ethan." I said, waving politely.

He looked shocked that I talked to him, but quickly replied back. "Bye Madison."

I smiled while walking out of the house, seeing that Ethan respected that I didn't want him to call me Madi.

After driving home, I was somewhat relieved that my mother hadn't come back yet. My phone buzzed in my hand and I turned it on the see what notification I got.

Grayson: hey, I know u just left but i forgot to ask u this

Grayson: me and eth are throwing a party tmr, do u wanna come?

Madison: gray, u know i'm not a party person

Grayson: don't worry, it'll be chill

Madison: ok fine

Madison: what time?

Grayson: 7, at my house

Madison: got it

I partially only accepted the invite so I could make an effort to talk to Ethan. If he's genuinely trying as hard as Grayson says he is, I might as well try just the same.

I decided now would be a good time to pick out an outfit for the party. Usually, you would go to the mall with your best friend the day before and freak it over how cute your new outfits are.

If only I had a best friend.

I decided to go for a simple dress with timberlands. It gave me a casual, edgy look.

After picking out an outfit, I shut off the lights in my room and ran to my bed

After picking out an outfit, I shut off the lights in my room and ran to my bed. My eyes were shut and I was sleeping just as my head hit the pillow.

I woke up the next day, actually feeling good for once. I turned on my phone to see that it was 2pm.

Since I had slept away my whole morning, I decided I could just go out for lunch.

I threw my bed head into a messy bun and hopped into my car. I drove down to Barbs, deciding I would get pizza.

After sitting down and ordering, I saw a teenage girl who looked about my age walk in. She spotted me and her eyes widened.

"Oh my god, I love your shoes! Where did you get them?" she said, squealing.

"Oh, um, Forever 21 I think." I said awkwardly.

"I really like them. Hey, you seem cool, wanna hang out sometime?" She asked. I admired her confidence.

"Yeah sure. Do you want my number?" I shyly asked. Normally, I'd be weirded out. But, since I had no friends, this was my only chance.

After we exchanged numbers and I ate my pizza, it was about 4. I decided I would start getting ready for the party.

I left my hair down and curled it a little bit. I put on the outfit I had previously chosen and did a little makeup.

Madison: hey, Grayson, is it okay if i come a little early? i'm bored lol

Grayson: yeah, of course. u can help us set up

I smiled at my phone and got back into my car, ready for the night to come.