19

Madison's POV

"Hey E." I said, getting into his car.

"Hey babe." he replied. He kissed my cheek and pulled out of the driveway.

I felt guilt go through my chest, because of Grayson, but I ignored it. I didn't want to think about that right now.

Ethan and I walked into the school, hand in hand. We split up when I had to go to my locker, but rejoined as I sat down in first period.

I could see Meredith give me a dirty look out of the corner of my eye, but I ignored it.

The period went by quickly and I collected my stuff. I waited for Ethan to get his stuff and we walked out together.

"Hey! Wait up, bitch!" I heard from behind me. I turned around to see Meredith.

A crowd immediantly formed behind us, and I lost track of where Ethan was.

"So I see that you decided not to listen to me? I told you to stay away from Ethan!" she yelled, her hand coming in contact with my face.

I held my cheek as tears brimmed my eyes.

I saw Ethan watching from afar.

Why wasn't he doing anything? I thought he cared about me. He should be stopping this.

I took Meredith's wrist and twisted it behind her back. "You wanna say that again?" I teased as she weaped. I let go of her arm quickly and pivoted on my foot, walking away.

The crowd made space for me and I grabbed Ethan's hand, leading him to the end of the hallway.

"What the fuck Ethan? Why didnt you do anything?" I yelled at him. I looked into his eyes, and I didn't see Ethan in them. I saw someone completely different.

"I- I'm sorry Mads. I was just in shock. I'm so, so sorry. Please forgive me." he pleaded.

I hugged him tight. I gave in, I had to. I couldn't lose him.

"Just please don't let it happen again, E." I spoke truthfully as I let go of him. He nodded and I walked out of the school, skipping the rest of the day.