14

Grayson's POV

"Ethan." I sighed, getting his attention. "You can't keep this act up forever. You're going to hurt people." I said seriously.

"Act? What do you mean?" he asked, obviously confused.

I chuckled. "Bro, I know that you're just acting. Madison is gonna get hurt it you keep acting like you care about her."

"What? This is definitely not an act. I genuinely feel guilty, and as really want to make it up to her." he stated.

"You never cared about her." I said, clenching my fists.

"Why are you getting so defensive? Do you like her?" He asked, stepping closer.

"Why should I tell you? You would just ruin my chances anyway."

"You should tell me because.." he started. "I like her too."

"What the fuck Ethan? You tortured her for so long and now you like her? I have always been there for her! You are not taking this away from me." I yelled.

"I can't take away something you don't have." he coldly said before walking out and slamming the door.

Madison's POV

I knew I was overreacting, so I decided to call Ethan. We needed to talk about the kiss.

I dialed his number and waited a couple of rings before he picked up.

"Hey, Ethan. Do you want to come over? I mean, only if you want. You don't have t-" I said before getting cut off.

"I would love to Mads." he said. Although I couldn't see him, I knew he was smiling.

After only a few minutes the doorbell rang and I walked downstairs to get it. Ethan stood in the doorway, having a tired look on his face.

"What's wrong?" I said, leading him into the house. Now that he was inside, I could tell he had been crying.

His lip quivered. "I um, got into a fight with Gray. I know I'm being dramatic but it's just- we never fight, you know?"

"You're not being dramatic. He's your twin brother, and it's okay to feel this way." I said, rubbing his shoulder and giving him a reassuring smile.

"So, why did you invite me over?" he said, changing the subject.

"I wanted to talk. You know, about.." I trailed off.

"The kiss." he finished for me.

I nodded my head. "Sorry I left. I was just caught up- I didn't know how to feel."

"It's fine. I would've felt the same if we had switched positions." he said. "I just want you to know, that on my part, all of that was genuine."

I looked up at him and smiled. His perfect white teeth shone through his smile and his cheeks had a tint of pink in them. His body language sent chills down my spine.

I studied him for a little before deciding I couldn't take it any longer. Now, it was my turn to kiss him.

So I closed the space between our lips.