4

trigger warning - self harm.

Madison's POV

I walked into my dim-lit house, replaying everything that happened today in my mind. Ethan was definitely more violent than usual, which is odd, seeing that he was way less violent the previous day.

I heard slight sounds coming from the kitchen, so I carefully walked in.

"Mom?" I said, shocked to see her sitting there.

"Oh, my baby!" She said, running up to me to hug me.

"Get the fuck away from me! You're not my mother!" I yelled, pushing her away. "You've never been a mother to me." I started, getting angry.

"Honey, of course I have. I birthed you for gods sake!" She pleaded. I could feel tears starting to come out.

"You left me when I was 6! I had no friends, no life, nothing! Not even a father! You made me stay with my aunt, who I had barely even known! Do not call me your daughter." I said, sobbing at this point.

"I know that you're hurt, but as much as you want me out of here, I'm not going anywhere. This is my house, and I am staying!" She yelled, coming closer to me.

I scoffed and ran up to the bathroom. I looked towards the drawer. Slowly, I opened it. My mind faught with itself on what I should do.

I picked up the razor and brought it to my wrist. My old scars were starting to fade, as I had been 3 months clean.

I struck my wrist with the razor, drawing blood. My face was puffy and stained with tears. I sliced a few more times before dabbing the wounds with a towel.

I threw away the razor and got into my cold, uncomfortable bed. I cried myself to sleep.

I woke up the next morning with a pounding in my head. I thought back to when Ethan pushed me into the sink.

I pushed myself off of the bed and grabbed a simple outfit. A t-shirt, a pair of jeans, and
white sneakers. I put my hair in a low ponytail and paired it with a headband, making sure to pull out pieces to frame my face. (pictured above)

I swung my backpack over my shoulder and grabbed a granola bar, once again. I walked outside and stepped into the back seat of Grayson's car.

"Hi Grayson." I said, ignoring the fact that Ethan was there.

"Hi Madi. What's up?" He asked, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Nothing much," I began, before remembering the day before. "Oh, my mom came back." I said quietly.

"She did?" He questioned.

"Yeah. I told her to leave." I spoke.

"Oh, I hope everything's okay." Grayson said, turning back and giving me a genuine smile.

"Me too." I said, returning the gesture.

Once we arrived at school, I speedily walked in to avoid interaction with Ethan. I hurried to my locker and grabbed my books.

After shutting my locker, I was startled when I turned to see Meredith standing there.

"Don't ever try to get with my boyfriend. You hear me? I don't want to see you talk to him, look at him, or even think about him. Got it?" She said.

"What?" I asked, confused as to why she would tell me this. "I- I mean yeah."

"Good. Have a good day." She said, elbowing me as she walked along.