10

Madison's POV

I woke up, and looked down at myself. I was wearing Ethan's sweatshirt and a pair of shorts.

I stepped out of bed and took a look in the mirror. My smudged makeup and messy hair scared me.

I stepped out of my clothes and hopped into the shower, making sure to wash my face and hair.

After drying off and putting on clean clothes, I got a text.

Ethan: good morning Madison. Are you okay? Just checking in:)

Madison: yes, i'm good. thank you so much for yesterday ethan

Ethan: it was my pleasure.

Ethan: do you want to maybe hang out today?

My eyes widened. Hanging out with Ethan? The person who physically hurt me until I bawled my eyes out? I considered the question before deciding what to say.

Madison: yeah, sure. where?

Ethan: we could go to the park?

Madison: ight. see ya in 10

I shut off my phone, sighing. I decided I would wear a pair of black, ripped skinny jeans and a tucked in white t-shirt. I put on plain white converse and cuffed my jeans at the bottom.

I grabbed my wallet and locked the door behind me as I stepped outside. It was a nice day, not too hot, but not too cold.

I smiled at Ethan as I stepped into his car. I had to admit, I felt uncomfortable with him being close to me, and especially me being in his car, but I shook it off. I needed to give him a chance.

Ethan asked me if I wanted anything from dunkin' donuts, but I politely declined. I didn't want him to spend his money on me.

One we arrived at the park, I got out of the car. I suddenly felt awkward around Ethan, not knowing what to do or say.

"You wanna go on the swings?" Ethan asked, looking excited. What a child.

"Sure."

We raced to the swings, Ethan beating me. I took a seat, while he sat on the swing beside me.

We both swung our legs back and forth to start to get some momentum, but I was obviously having trouble.

"Need some help?" Ethan asked, getting off his swing. I nodded.

He gently pushed me, not applying too much force, but just enough to make my swing start to move more.

I smiled at him as he hopped back onto his swing. "So, what's up?" he asked, awkwardly looking at me while swaying.

"Nothing much. Life has been pretty boring recently, actually. I mean, besides that whole party thing." I looked down.

"Listen, about that, I'm so sorry that I couldn't get there earlier. I really tr-"

"Ethan. It's fine." I said, smiling to assure him. He relaxed his shoulders and looked at the sky.

"Woah, look at that cloud! It looks like a dog." He said, pointing up.

I laughed at his childishness and looked at the cloud. It did, in fact, look like a dog.

"Oh, the ice cream truck is here. You wanna get ice cream, Madi?" He asked. His face immediantly turned red. "I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean to call you that."

"Ethan, it's okay. You can call me that now." I said, taking his hand and leading him to the icecream truck.

He bought me icecream and we sat back on the swings to eat them. He was really treating me right, he didn't once try to hurt me.

I was flattered.