15

Ethan's POV

You know that feeling when you're sitting in a car and it suddenly jolts to a stop? Your heart rate increases and you look up quickly- hoping you didn't crash?

That's the feeling she gives me.

She pulled away from the kiss and I frowned. She looked away, blushing.

"Ethan?" she looked up.

"Yeah?" I replied, anticipating what she was going to say.

"I think I like you." she spoke after a bit, sending butterflies through my stomach.

I stared at her before my smile took over my face. I engulfed her into a hug. "I like you too." I replied.

"Do you wanna go somewhere?" I asked, pulling away. She nodded her head. "how about.. the park?"

"Yes please." she said, sending me a cheeky smile.

Madison's POV

I could hear Ethan's text tone repeatedly going off as he got gas into his car. Being the nosy person I am, I checked who it was from.

Grayson: bro

Grayson: are you with her?

Grayson: are you actually going to do this to me

Grayson: fuck u bro

Grayson: she doesn't even like you

Grayson: she would never trust you

Grayson: it's obvious she likes me.

My brows furrowed as I tried to figure out who it was about. It couldn't be me- Grayson would never like me. But if it wasn't me, then Ethan liked someone else.

"Obviously, he would never actually like you." I thought.

Ethan got back into the car and I nervously smiled. He turned on his phone, frowning as he positioned himself so I couldn't see the messages.

He looked as if he was about to cry- so I decided to just leave it be.

"Did you see these texts?" he asked. I didn't want to lie, so I nodded and looked down.

"Who were they about?" I asked, looking back up at him.

"You." he said simply, smirking a little bit. He drove out of the gas station and we headed down the the park.

I smiled to myself, noticing that he could tell me he liked me so easily. It was like it was nothing to him, but it meant everything to him at the same time.

We reached the park and Ethan walked to my side, opening the door for me. The small act brought me to a flashback.

The car came to a stop once we reached the school and I picked my backpack off the car floor. Grayson walked around to my side of the car so we could walk into school together.

I could feel eyes burning into my back as the students stared at me. I wasn't phased by it, I'm used to it.

I can faintly see Ethan waiting at my locker, and I sigh. I knew what was to come. I feel Grayson's presence leave me as he walks to his locker.

I avoid eye contact with Ethan as I put in my locker combination. Just as I get it to open, he slams it, almost crushing my fingers.

I jump and turn to face him, my heart rate picking up.

"Hello Madi." Ethan smirks at me, almost evily saying it.

"Please don't call me that." I mumble, looking down. I always felt uncomfortable when someone other than my close friends called me by my nickname.

"What did you say?" Ethan speaks louder, grabbing my wrist. I can feel the bruises forming under his fingers due to his tight grip.

Tears brim my eyes and I can't help but look at his. Anger is shown through his entire face as he raises his hand.

I flinch, causing him to laugh. He spats in my face and walks away, pushing me to the ground as he does so. I lay there for a minute and wait for the crowd that had recently been cheering Ethan on separates.

I snapped out of the memory and smiled weakly at Ethan. He grabbed my hand and led me to the swings.