11

Madison's POV

"I told you he was really trying! Thank you so much Madi, you're actually giving him a chance." Grayson's said, hugging me.

"You know, I never actually saw this side of him. The side that wasn't drunk or high, or hurting me, or fucking some random girl. I'm actually seeing the good in him." I smiled to myself.

"Exactly. I knew he would come around, I knew it." Grayson said, shaking his head and looking down.

"Yeah. He called me 'Madi' yesterday, and I didn't even stop him." I giggled.

"Yesterday? Where did you guys go?" Grayson smirked.

"Oh, we hung out at the park." I played with my fingers.

"You mean you went on a date? He never- ever takes girls on dates."

"Grayson, it wasn't a date. He was just trying to make it up to me." I assured him.

"You know, I think you're changing him." Grayson smiled.

"No, no, no. I'm not doing anything. I'm not the one that made him change." I laughed a little.

"Whatever you say Mads." Grayson said, shaking his head.

I walked back into my house after hanging out with Grayson, letting the fresh scent of essential oils hit my face.

I turned on my phone to see if I had any notifications. I had gotten a text from Ethan.

Ethan: hey, madison. can i talk to you? i just- i just really need someone right now.

Madison: yeah, of course ethan. wanna meet up?

Ethan: yeah. meet me at the park again in 15

Madison: got it.

I threw on a yellow sweatshirt and some black leggings. I left my hair down and put my high top converse on as I rushed out the door.

Why would Ethan need to talk to me, of all people?

I drove to the park and saw Ethan sitting on the bench. He had his head in his hands, so I ran up to him.

"Ethan, what's wrong?" I asked, rubbing circles on his back.

"It's just- C-cameron. I miss her so fucking much." He cried into his hands.

"Come here." I said, pulling him into a tight hug. His tears soaked my shirt but I didn't care.

I still felt that little wave of uncomfortableness, but I shook it off. Ethan needed me.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made you come here. I'm just dragging you into my problems." He said, letting go of me. I felt some weird feeling at the loss of his touch.

"Ethan, you have nothing to be sorry about. You're grieving, and if you need me, I will be here for you." I said, pulling him into another hug.

"D-do you think you could drive me home? I walked here and I don't feel safe walking back."  He stuttered.

"Of course. Cmon, let's get in the car. It's cold." I took his hand in mine and led him to my car. He stepped in and I kept the radio off.

The car ride was silent, but it wasn't uncomfortable silence. It was relaxing.

Once we reached his house, he looked at me, as if waiting for me to say something.

"Do you want me to stay with you? Just for tonight?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

He nodded and I got out of the car, making sure to lock it. We were quiet coming into the house since everyone was sleeping.

We closed the door behind us and I examined Ethan's room. I had only been in here a couple of times, and those times weren't usually pleasent.

I started to get myself settled on the floor when I heard Ethan gasp.

"Oh, no no no. You're not sleeping on the floor. Madi, let me sleep there. You're the guest." Ethan said, rushing me into the bed.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to be uncomfortable." I asked. He nodded his head.

"No, Ethan. You're gonna be so sore. Come here, just sleep on the opposite side of me." I patted the bed and he reluctantly got up.

The room filled with silence as I looked over at Ethan, sound asleep.