5

(this chapter is basically just a filler chapter. If you would like to skip it, all you need to know is that she didn't go to school today. I'll update twice today so you guys don't just have a boring chapter to read)

Madison's POV

I woke up with a pounding headache and decided I would stay home from the day. I sent Grayson a quick text not to pick me up.

I walked down the stairs, noting that my 'mom' was not home, once again. I look out a large bowl, deciding I was going to make pancakes.

After stirring the batter together, I turned on the stove and buttered the pan. The batter filled the entirety of the space and I waited for it to cook.

After flipping the pancake, I sat down to eat. My phone still had no notifications, as I had expected.

The TV light blinked, telling me it was on. I picked out the movie, "Love Simon" and put it into the disc holder.

After finishing the movie, I decided it would be best if I took a shower. I stripped my clothes and turned on the hot water. I briefly looked over my cuts, but decided today I would try to stay positive and clear my mind of Ethan.

The towel wrapped around my body snug and I grabbed my old clothes and put them in the hamper. The cold outside air hit my face as I walked out of the steamy bathroom.

Although I had eaten not too long ago, I grabbed some goldfish and went up to my room, deciding to watch some youtube.

Shane Dawson, of course.

The rest of my day consisted of me being lazy and having no outside contact. I enjoyed my time away from Ethan and Meredith, although I knew I would have to go back to school the following day.