Chapter 16 - Rugby and Punishments (Zach's POV)

Start from the beginning

“Oh ok.” she said.

At this point we both realised the position she was sitting in. She sat across my hips as I laid on the ground. I could feel my body starting to react to our position so I sat up so she wouldn’t notice and in an effort to distract her, I said, “You just can’t get enough of me today can you?” Whilst I leant forward and kissed her on her quickly reddening cheeks. This did not help my situation at all so I stood us up and caught her hand in mine and pulled her in the direction of the crowd of people who hadn’t noticed we had fallen behind.

I stopped suddenly as a thought entered my mind, “Wait a minute Lila, how exactly do you play rugby?” I asked, to which she seemed astonished and shouted at me, “You don’t know how to play rugby?!”

She then pulled me the rest of the way as I got distracted by her swinging behind. God, again not helping! I was staring at her as she talked, watching how the sunlight highlighted her beautiful features, God I sound like such a girl but she is so perfect.

I came out of my thoughts as I heard Lila say evilly, “Great, so how does Britain verse America in a game of rugby sound?” Umm, I think I missed something rather important while I had spaced out, hmmm, Lila is rubbing off on me. Hmm, I wish she was rubbing off on me- Bad thoughts Zach! BAD thoughts! STILL NOT HELPING!

I tuned back in as Sam pulled me away from my Lila and said, “So who knows how to play rugby?” To which, very few people raised their hands great. My little devious Lila had obviously planned this, now I understood why she was smiling evilly. We all groaned as we realised we probably wouldn’t win. Sam, Leah, Lissa and I turned around and glared at Lila while she waved at us as if nothing was wrong.

I started to walk towards Lila as she broke away from her group huddle and walked towards me, leaving Rayne in charge it seemed. I had heard them talking earlier about rugby so now I knew for sure we were going to lose.

When we reached each other I pulled her to me tightly and leaned down whispering in her ear, making sure my lips brushed her ear, “You planned this didn’t you, my little minx.” As everyone around us moved into action and got into their positions I leant down further and pressed a light kiss to a spot on her neck I knew would be sensitive. I then turned around as if nothing had happened, walking away leaving her in a shocked state as the game started. All’s fair in love and war after all.

I chased after the ball, not even really sure what I was doing, but following other people’s leads who seemed to know what they were doing. About a minute later I saw Lila run in front of me and I was distracted by her rounded ass shaking in front of me and ran into Sam, taking us both down. Lila laughed as she saw Sam and I on the floor in a heap of limbs and ran away.

Sometime later, as I had predicted we had lost the game, but it was worth it to see Lila smiling and laughing so much as Lissa and Leah chased her around the field, jokingly threatening her.

***

As we walked back to the canteen Lissa said to Rayne and Leah, “Oh I just realised. We never asked you what your punishment was for losing the cooking contest.”

“Oh yeah,” Leah said as she visibly grew angrier, “We have to clean the marquee tonight after dinner, washing everyone’s stations and equipment, sweeping the floors etc and then every night for the next two weeks we have to clean the canteen in the evening-”

“Ooh, punishments.” A voice said from behind as we all turned to look at Trunchie who was eyeing Sam and I sinisterly, “Yes, don’t think I have forgotten your punishment for being late you two! Follow me.” She cackled.

We said goodbye to everyone and followed Trunchie down a path I had noticed earlier.

It turned out our punishment was to do paper work. After 3 hours straight of doing boring paper work we were allowed to leave. We had stacked and filed countless pieces of paper into folders. We then had to print out letters, fold them and put them in envelopes without reading them. We were then told we had to write out the full address on each envelope, so we would never forget the camp’s address and be late ever again, even though that was not why we were late and we were going to hand post them later on because they were for people in this camp who had won the cooking challenge. ARGHHH!!

After spending an hour in the dark trying to find the different dorms and correct rooms to deliver the letters to Sam and I were bored, tired and hungry. So imagine our surprise when we found Trunchie locking up the canteen for the night cackling to herself. Great, we had missed dinner too! I bet she knew we would!

Sam and I walked back to our dorm dejected and hungry when a thought came into my mind. “Hey Sam, are you and Lissa mates?”

He looked really excited and whilst grinning said, “Yeah. We are.”

I turned to him and gave him a hug and a slap on the back, “Congrats man! She seems great. Perfect for you.” I said smiling.

“Yeah, she really is perfect for me. I really like her.” He said, “When we first met and looked at each other I felt an instant attraction towards her, a pull to be with her. I realised what it was when you saw us kissing earlier.”

“What do you mean?” I said, “Didn’t you realise straight away?”

“God you never listened in Mate Dynamics 101 did you?” He asked as I looked away sheepishly, hoping he would continue. Which he did.

“When are 18 and you first meet your mate you do not realise they are your mate. To start the process to recognising your mate you both must look at each other. This causes you both to feel an instantaneous attraction towards each other. When you first kiss, your wolf calls out to you, indicating to you that you are mates. That’s how you know.”  He explained.

It was at that point that I realised what my wolf, Zaid had been trying to tell me all day since I had kissed her. “MATE! MINE!... MY LILA!