Chapter Sixteen

Daniella's POV

Rebecca and I stand there in each other's arms for a bit then finally release once she stops crying. She looks at me and the tears come right back. I feel really bad for her, I mean what did she do to deserve this?! Certainly not anything to Sawyer if anything she did something to me. She kissed Connor and she actually believes that I'm fine with it! Calm down Daniella, just keep up the act.

"T-Thanks for that, I really needed a friend." she sniffles through her sobs.

"No problem, anything for you."

(Italics is her mind, Normal is her heart)
(In her thoughts)

Except for a kiss from Connor... Daniella shut up! Why are you getting so worked up about this?! Connor isn't even your boyfriend, or really a friend, or is he... Yeah but she kissed him without asking! What kind of friend does that?! She's not just any friend she's my best friend. Okay, your best friend who kissed your crush. He is not my crush! Ah huh sure, keep telling yourself that.

I hit my head three times trying to turn my brain and my annoying conscience off. Rebecca notices and looks at me funny.

"Whatcha doing there?" she smiles through her tears.

"Oh nothing," I lie.

**Time Skip To Later In The Day**

Later that day Rebecca had left and I continued to watch some TV. Boring, boring, boring, and more boring! There is nothing to watch!

"I hate hospitals," I mumble.

"Yeah me too." someone agrees.

"You always enter a room like that. Is it like programmed into your head?" I laugh as Connor comes and sits next to my bed.

"Who knows, my mom almost put a chip in my head when I was young so really I have no idea." he jokes.

"Oh so now your a robot?" I giggle.

"Beep boop beep, The Connor Bot 3000 at your service." he pretends to be a robot.

"Okay, Connor Bot go make me a sandwich." I command.

"Error, error Connor Bot is incompatible with that task. Shutting down," he answers.

**

I spent the whole day talking with Connor while the one thing I wanted to talk with him about slipped my mind. Time to ask, I guess...

"Connor," he looks away from the TV and at me.

"Why did you kiss Rebecca?" I ask hoping for a truthful answer.

His eyes kinda pop and he looks down for second. He twirls his fingers in the blankets,"Y-You know about that?" he stutters.

"Yeah, I do.."

"Oh, are you mad?" he chokes.

"No, I just want an answer, a truthful one. Not from Rebecca, from you." I tell him.

"Okay, well...You see...Um....," he scratches the back of his neck like always when he's nervous.

"Finish the sentence. I'm not mad, I already said that."

"I don't know.." he says.

"How do you not know." I say kind of annoyed.

"It was just one of those, moments, I guess." he shrugged.

"You guess?"

"Yeah, it meant nothing so.." he continues to look down.

"Nothing?" I question.

"Yeah nothing." he smiles a bit.

"But why? No one just kisses someone for the heck of it!"

"I don't know, but want to know the one thing I do know?" he smiles fully with his eyes locked with mine.

I nod.

"I wish it was you,"

"Me?"

"You."

"Well Connor, your wish came true."

"What do you mean?" he says confused.

I smile and then wrap my arms around his neck. I pull his head close to mine and let our lips gently touch. I can feel the corners of his mouth pull into a smile. I blush as he pulls me even closer with his hands on my waist. Our lips move together in perfect harmony. I swear fireworks were being set off. I can just feel the heat from my flustered cheeks. I pull back when I run out breath. We look each other both gasping for air.

"Woah," I huff.

"Yeah, woah." he smirks.

*****

Comment?

Vote?

Follow?

Internet Kids Never Sleep - Connor Franta
~Nicole<3