Chapter Nine

Daniella's POV

I awoke to the loud beeping of my alarm clock. I clicked the off button and the beeping ceased. It was exactly seven. Just enough time to shower and get ready for my day with Rebecca. I got off my bed and rubbed my eyes. I really hated mornings. But I got through them like anyone else, with coffee.

I tip-toed down my stairs not knowing if anyone was awake yet. When I reached my kitchen I pressed the on button to the coffee brewer. I put the k-cup in and selected my favorite mug. I set my mug right under the spout to the machine. I picked my amount and saw the coffee begin to trickle into my cup.

After that I silently headed up the stairs and went back in my room. I took a sip of my coffee and walked over to my vanity mirror. I set my coffee down and began to take my hair down from the messy bun it was in. As I did that I grabbed my hair brush and then I let my hair fall to my shoulders. My caramel highlights shone through my messy brown hair.

I began to brush my hair with a slight bit of struggle. My hair is always knotty. I ran the brush through my sleek hair and when I was finally done I took the last sip from my mug. I walked into my bathroom and locked the door behind me. I proceeded to get ready for my shower. Once I was fully unclothed I hopped in. I turned the knob and set the temperature for hot. I jumped when the water came out cold but quickly relaxed when it heated up.

-Shower Time-

When I finished washing the conditioner out of my hair I turned the water off. I grabbed the towel on the hanging rack beside me and stepped out onto my cold tile floor. I walked up to my large mirror and plugged in my hair dryer that was laid next to the sink. I wrapped my towel around me like a dress and tucked the remaining part into my chest. I flipped my head over and started to dry my hair.

Within a few minutes my hair was dry enough to curl. I ran back into my room while my curler was heating up. I grasped my phone and looked at the time. Already 7:45. Luckily I live three minutes away from Rebecca so I wouldn't be too late.

Quickly I walked back into my bathroom and slightly touched my curling iron. It was hot enough so I began to curl my hair. After my whole head was curled I messily pinned the top part of my hair into a loose ponytail. I found a nice little white bow to decorate my hair style so I out it in. It added a nice accent to my hair style so I left it.

Next I got dressed. I wore a teal crop top that had white stripes. I picked a deep blue pair of skinny jeans and then slipped into my white strappy sandals. Too add the final touches I went for a nerdy kind of look. I grabbed my teal suspenders and fake black nerd glasses. After those were on I put in some fake pearl earrings. I also added a light layer of makeup that included lip gloss and mascara.

Feeling satisfied and pretty I was confident for a day out with my best friend. I picked up my phone and texted Rebecca to let her know I was on my way. I shut my bedroom door behind me. I began to tip-toe down the stairs. Once I had reached my kitchen once again I grabbed my car keys off the granite counter. Next I walked out the door and then skipped to my car. The keys were in and I backed out of my driveway.

-Car Ride-

"Dani your late!" Rebecca greeted me with a tight hug.

"I know, I know. Let's get going then, shall we?" I changed the subject.

She smiled in response and got into the passenger side of my car. I sat once again in the driver's seat. Turning the key in the slot my engine started and we were heading to the mall.

-Another Car Ride-

"I'm going to get me some new sandals," Rebecca cheerfully rambled on as I backed into a parking slot.

When we stopped we both jumped out of the car and headed for the entrance. Rebecca resumed with her continuos gabbing about clothes and shoes. She went on and on until we finally reached the doors to the main entrance. I pulled the handle out wards and the glass door came out towards me. I held it open for Rebecca and let it shut behind us before skipping off.

Our first stop was to Forever 21. Rebecca loves to shop there, I would say it's her favorite, but she would disagree. She says that she couldn't pick just one store to call her favorite, she's in love with them all! We walked into the shop and are greeted by a young woman with a nice smile.

"Hi how are you ladies doing today?" she smiled brightly.

"Great!" we cheered in unison.

"That's good! Looking for anything in particular?" she asked.

"Um no. Basically we're just going to try on everything!" Rebecca jokes.

The lady smiles and laugh for a short minute. She walked away to greet yet another customer and us two go off to find some clothes. Passing the racks and the shelves I saw many, many items that were of interest. So, I decided since I had the time, I would try them all on!

After twenty minutes of trying on clothes I found a couple of outfits that would suffice, as did Rebecca. We grabbed our mounds of clothes and brought them to the cashier counter.

"Find everything you were looking for?" the cashier asked.

"Yeah. Can't wait to wear these." I giggled.

"That's great." she laughed.

Several minutes later Rebecca and I were out the door. The reason why it took us so long is because the cash register decided not to work for us. We stood there watching the cashier push random buttons on the machine. Until another worker came over and helped us. Luckily she knew what to do.

Next shop was Pink. We stayed in there for a while but didn't end up buying much. The cashiers weren't very nice either. They kept glaring at us for some odd reason, more me than Rebecca. I tried smiling but they just turned their backs to me. I shook it off and focused on my shopping and being happy with my bestie. And not focusing on them.

***********

How was it?

Comment?

Vote?

Follow?

Internet Kids Never Sleep - Connor Franta

~Nicole<3