Chapter Fourteen

Connor's POV

That same day it was still pretty early in the afternoon. Being only three I decided to heal up my 'friendship' with Rebecca. I don't know how since she hates my guts but I think Daniella would like it better this way. I head over to her house remembering the way being there once for a party Sawyer held.

I get there and knock on the door, getting no response I quietly tip-toe in.

"Rebecca? Are you in here?"

I stay still and silent and hear muffled sobs coming from upstairs. I follow them and end up at a shut door. I knock once again and then push it open. There in a bed Rebecca was face down in a pillow, crying. I walk over to her and sit on the edge of her bed. She looks up and scrambles to sit up when she sees that it's me.

"Why are you here?" she growls as she wipes her tears.

"Why are you crying?" I ask without answering her question.

"I asked you first." she mutters.

"Come on Rebecca. Just talk to me." I assure her.

"You really want to know?" she mumbles surprised.

I nod and she begins her story.

**

"Oh my gosh. I'm sorry." I say in shock.

"I can't believe he did that to you..." I continue to be in shock.

She wipes a tear,"I can't either. But I guess it's for the better?"

I pat her back as she lays back down into her pillow and cries more.

"Well you know what,"

"What?" she turns her head.

"I'm going to tell him off." I pronounce confidently.

She holds my wrist and shakes her head,"No don't do that! Connor you don't know what your getting yourself into. I don't need another friend in the hospital."

"Friend?" I give a sly smile.

"Yeah sure, go wild." she giggles.

"See there's that beautiful smile!" I exclaim.

"Aww thanks," she sits up.

"Thanks Connor." she leans over and hugs me tightly.

I am surprised but hold her close. She quietly sniffles into my lower shoulder as I rest my chin on hers. I let my arms fall down to her waist, her arms are still wrapped around my neck. We pull apart slightly although still in each other's arms. She looks at me then back at her feet, biting her lip nervously. Without even thinking I pull her close and let our lips touch. She pushes me off the tiniest bit and freezes for a second. She blushes but then pulls me even closer. Our lips reconnect with each other and stay together. I lean back and put one hand on the bed stand next to me. I hear a smashing noise that scares us both. We jump back and release our grip on each other. I look down to see that there is broken shards of a glass vase on the ground. She walks over and kneels down next to the mess. I scratch my neck unsure of how she was going to react.

She looks at me and smiles,"Smooth."

"Yeah...." I look down awkwardly.

"Oh come on, help me clean this up." she giggles probably at how red my face is.

"Fine." I kneel down next to her and help her clean it up.

Daniella's POV

"And I ended up here." I finish.

"Wait so how did you get here?" he questions.

"Um not sure. Either Connor or Rebecca." I guessed.

"Oh alright then,"

"Excuse me Mister, visiting hours are over." a nurse informs my dad.

My dad pats my leg and stands up,"Well I'll see you tomorrow sweetie."

I lean up and meet him for a hug,"Love you Dad."

He waves goodbye and the nurse leaves as soon as he does. I click the lamp off next to my bed and shut my eyes. It was completely silent except for the occasional beeping of the heart monitor. I snuggled into the soft blanket and fell into a light sleep.

****
Didn't expect that now did you!? I am the Master Ninja of Surprise Twists! Lol what did I just say XD

Comment?

Vote?

Follow?

Internet Kids Never Sleep - Connor Franta
~Nicole<3