Chapter Twelve

Connor's POV

I trudged out of the mall with my bag in hand. I don't know why I get so mad at little things like this! Although Rebecca really annoys me, I was just trying to help Daniella and she assumes that I did something to her! If I was asking her for help why would I have hurt her?! Rebecca is just so irritating when she doesn't think things through, which is like all the time....

I reach my car without looking back. I get in and drive back to my house. Once I get to my house I get out of my car and slam the door. I'm never this mad, and I really don't know why I am! I guess I really do care about Daniella and I just left her there...I should find her.

Daniella's POV (Little Later in the Present)

My eyes shoot open as I feel a hand on mine. My vision is blurry and I can't really see. From what I can tell there is one person in this room with me. Very slowly my eyes set into focus.

"Dani! Your awake!" she cheered.

"Yeah, um where am I?" I ask.

"The hospital." she plainly replies.

I push my self up and sit up straight.

"Wait what?! Why am I at the hospital?!" I panicked.

"You passed out, remember?" she said in a duh tone.

"Um no, actually not really....I can't remember anything really.." I said clutching my head.

"Well I saved you, Connor was being a--"

"Wait Connor was there? Why and what happened..." I interrupted her.

"He apparently saw you and caught you when you fell, but of course that's probably not even true." she scoffed.

"Oh.." I say.

"Yeah, he probably saw you and dragged you the nearest table. I bet he was going to leave you there, alone."

"Okay sure, fill her head with your twisted lies." I hear a male voice.

Rebecca turns toward the door and I see someone standing there. It was Connor, he was leaning against the door frame.

"No one wants you here, so leave." Rebecca said annoyed.

"I'm pretty sure Daniella should be the judge of that." he growled then turned and smiled at me.

"Er um...What is going on?" I ask confused.

"Let me explain-" Connor began.

"Explain what! The fact that you are a sick human being trying to toy with her emotions!?" Rebecca shouted.

"Rebecca calm down! Why are you so mad?!"

I received no response and the two went back to their fight.

"I am a sick person?! I tried to help her and you rejected my help!! She would have been better off with me! I shouldn't of asked you for help.." he snapped.

"You know what," she yells then lowers her voice and looks at me. "I'm sorry Daniella but I am leaving. I can't deal with this assh*le right now."

Without another word she walks out the door and the room goes quiet. Connor sits on the edge of my bed and looks at me.

"You know I really tried to help you, she just twists my words to make me sound like a d!ck." he says.

"Connor,"

He nods.

"I-I think I need to be alone." I stutter.

"I could stay with you, you know keep you company." he suggests.

"Alone, by myself." I insist.

"Well just know that your 'friend' lies and that I am still sorry for whatever I have done." he concludes then waves me off as he walks out the door.

What have I gotten myself into.....

**********

Comment?

Vote?

Follow?

Internet Kids Never Sleep - Connor Franta

~Nicole <3