Chapter Eleven

Connor's POV

After what had happened at the beach the day before I was so confused. I texted Daniella over and over again just to see if she was okay and everything but she didn't care. She was just pushing me away, and I needed to fix that.

The next morning I got up from my bed and went to go get dressed. When I opened my closet door I realized I didn't have lots of summer clothes to wear. I decided to go to the mall to get some new clothes.

After searching through my closet I found a tank top. Once I slipped it on I saw that it was a little tight but for now it would do. I rummaged through my drawers to find some shorts. Finally when I was done getting dressed I headed to the bathroom to style my hair in the usual quiff.

Once I finished styling my hair I put on my favorite black sun glasses. A couple of minutes later I was out the door and heading to the mall.

••Driving••

Finally I had reached the mall. I found a parking spot and parked my car. Once I got out and shut the door I turned my key in the lock and secured my car.

Walking away from my car I twirled my keys with my fingers. I tried to whistle while doing this but failed. I really can't whistle.

I opened the door and walked right inside. I tried to think about which stores I should go first.

Randomly I saw Hollister. I shrugged and decided that I could just pick a up a couple shirts.

••Shopping in Hollister••

Surprisingly I found more than I thought I would. I actually found most of what I needed. I got a couple shorts and tank tops. I even found a pair of flip flops to match with an outfit I picked out.

Walking out of the Hollister I saw Urban Outfitters. I started to walk over there when I noticed some commotion towards the food court. Instead of going into another store I went to check out what was going on.

Halfway there I saw that there was someone stumbling around coming my way. I increased my pace and kept watching the girl. Her head was facing down and she held her stomach. She looked as if she was in some sort of pain.

I got closer and closer. She tripped on her feet and fell to her knees. I was a couple feet away now. I was close enough to help her up. Without looking up she pushed me away. I stood back as she hoisted herself up.

She swayed as she tried to steady herself. Others tried to help her like I did but she again pushed them away. Even so she did that I stayed as close as I could.

She took a couple more steps and stopped. I tried to speak and ask her what was wrong but I stopped myself. She stood uneasily and breathed very heavily. She looked as if she was going to be sick.

She lifted her head slightly and I gasped when I recognized her. It was Daniella.

I realized her skin tone was getting paler by the second. Now it all added up. Her stumbling must of meant she was lightheaded and her paleness meant she was about to pass out.

I positioned my self in front her. She stopped once again and without warning began to fall forward on to her knees.

I threw my one bag of clothes down. I ran to her and caught her before she hit the ground completely. I held her in my arms and rested her head on my chest. I listened to her now calm and light breathing. She seemed so peaceful even so a second ago she was scrambling frantically for who knows what.

The people surrounding us were silent. One spoke up and asked me a question.

"Is she okay?"

I was about to speak when the woman followed her first question with another.