Chapter 31

After an hour, they got the boy slightly warmer, his skin still sickly cold. Thomas tucked the boy under the covers, putting their jackets on top of him. James ran downstairs to get a cloth and some soup and bread. He put a pot of water next to the fire in their room to heat it up, along with the soup, to heat up until Philip was conscious again.

Thomas kept a feel on the boy's pulse. Philip's heart rate was slow, a little too slow, but Thomas could feel it increasing as Philip breathed in, as it should. He let out a breath that they didn't have to panic about the boy dying from exhaustion. He noted that color was starting to come back to his skin.

James put the cloth in the pot of warm water, ringing it out and walking over to gently wipe down Philip's face, hoping to bring some heat to his body. Thomas took one of the boy's arms and gently massages his fingers into it to get his blood flowing again.

The boy shifted at the feelings, his nerves shocking back into use. He kept his eyes closed, his body made him rest. He gently wiggled his fingers for Thomas, who softly kissed his hand. James sighed softly in relief, gently wiping Philip's face before removing the cloth. Since Philip's body had started to wake up again, he regained heat faster, becoming aware of the heat from the fire and blankets.

Martha sat at the end of Philip's bed, watching him. She hoped he pulled through, for Thomas and James's sake, even though it was obvious he would make it. She wasn't fooled, she knew the risks of recovering and then falling fatally ill. Martha closed her eyes and whispered to him before disappearing.

"You can make it through. For Thomas and James. Stay with them, provide what I couldn't..."

Thomas pulled James into the other bed, holding him close to his chest. James knew he was remembering Martha and the kids, and now he was scared of losing Philip. He gently stroked Thomas's hair, letting the silence be there.

"It's gonna be fine, darling...", he said, softly kissing Thomas's head. The taller man made a soft, desperate noise and buried his face in Madison's chest, holding onto him. James tilted Thomas's head up and kissed him gently. He held Jefferson close, stroking his hair, trying to soothe Thomas's mind. He knew Thomas's mind went into overdrive, overthinking everything, essentially trapping the man in his mind and making him fall victim to the worst thoughts.

He undid Thomas's shirt so it wouldn't restrict his breathing or cause him to overheat before undoing his own and throwing the shirts in an unregistered direction.

A while later, Philip shifted, whining softly at the heat. James noticed and pulled the covers off him a bit to cool him off. The water in the pot had cooled off, so he wiped the boy's face down again with cool water. Philip purred at the cooling contrast.

"Jemmy?", he asked softly. Madison looked at him. The boy motioned weakly to his shirt. "Can you help me?", he asked. James nodded, taking off the boy's coat off and unbuttoning his shirt, wiping it down with the cool water. He smiled as he watch Philip purr and relax at the feeling.

Thomas saw the boy was awake and he grabbed the soup and the bread, sitting next to him. "Hey sugar... How you feeling?", he asked, smiling at Philip.

The boy sat himself up and looked at the food. "Hungry.", he said. Thomas chuckled and dipped the bread in the soup and handed it to the boy, who munched happily on it. Philip hummed as he ate, choosing to forget about his father. He knew his mom and grandfather wouldn't let Alexander publish anything on him, and if he did, they would never let him let it down because of his own affair.

James gently stroked his hair, humming softly. The boy reached for the bowl, dipping the bread in the soup again and munching on it, leaning into the touch.

"You seem calmer.", Thomas hummed. The boy nodded.

"My dad can't publish anything or my family will be on him about his own affair.", he said, grinning up at them. James chuckled softly, holding the boy's hand.

The young man shifted, his fingers and limbs not feeling as stiff. He took his shirt off and stretched out on top of the bed, looking up innocently at his shirtless lovers, grinning.

Jefferson hummed, stroking his fingers across his chest. Philip shivered as he brushed his fingers over one of his nipples. The older man purred, gently rolling it between his fingers, causing the younger man to shift and inhale sharply. Madison's hand joined Thomas's on the boy's torso, stroking his side. Philip looked down at the color contrasts of all their skin tones, purring.

"It's too hot...", he mumbled, working his pants off so he would be completely naked. Thomas hummed, pulling away to open the window to let some cooler air in. The boy sighed at feeling the breeze coming in the window. James took the cloth and wiped down the boy's torso with the cool water. Philip moaned softly, sighing gently and letting James do what he pleased.

The Congressman gently wiped down the boy's front before rolling him over and rubbing his back with the cloth. Philip lay his head to the side, looking at Thomas. He smiled and reached a hand out to the older man, who took it, grinning.

Philip purred softly, closing his eyes as he felt James wash between his legs. The sweat had made that area irritated, so the cooling sensation was welcome. The feeling of Thomas's hand rubbing his hip and nudging his legs apart for James was also welcome.

James gently washed between the boy's legs, wiping over his hole and gently stroking his cock in a surprisingly nonsexual way.

The Congressman put the cloth down when he was done and gently rubbed the boy's side. Philip rolled back over onto his back, looking up at him with soft eyes. Thomas purred softly, sitting on the bed next to the boy, looking down at him.

The younger man reached up for him and Thomas leaned down, exhaling softly against his skin and kissing at his neck. Philip purred softly and shifted his head for Thomas.

James watched, rubbing the boy's hip. Philip sighed softly as Thomas nibbled on his collarbone, letting his head fall back. He looked at James as he tangled a hand in Thomas's hair, holding his head against his neck. The older man pulled away from the younger after a while.

"I'm gonna keep my promise, ok sugar? But later.", he purred softly. Philip nodded, letting go of his hair. James hummed, looking at the marks. He ran his hands over the marks and the boy purred, sinking into their touches, knowing that not even his father could separate them right now.