Chapter 20

Christmas day. They had all slept in separate rooms the night before with their presents, so it was still a surprise in the morning. James was the first up, so he lit the fires and decided to make breakfast. He looked outside to see maybe an inch or two of fluffy snow, the cold precipitation still falling. He heard something and found Thomas was also looking out the window to record the weather.

Thomas had gotten up, not expecting anyone else to be up so he could enjoy the silence, so he was surprised when he found the fire lit and James looking out the window. He smiled to himself and grabbed his notebook to record the temperature and conditions. When he finished, he wrapped his arm around James and kissed his head.

"Merry Christmas, love.", he said. James purred and leaned into the tall man's chest. They stood there for a minute watching the snow fall as the dawn finally broke and light started to fall over the mountain top.

James looked up at Thomas, smiling because his lover looked at peace, watching the snow in comfortable silence. They stood there for a while before Thomas silently moved to put his notebook down and pulled James by the hand to make breakfast.

Philip woke up to the smell of food. He smiled, remembering what day it was. He grabbed his presents and walked downstairs to find Jefferson reading the news in a chair and Madison sipping tea on the couch.

'Presents?', he asked, walking into the room. Jefferson smiled and put the paper down. Madison smiled and handed the boy the journal and Thomas the barometer. Jefferson gasped and kissed him and Philip cuddled into the Congressman's side.

"Thank you, darling.", he said, handing Philip the lapdesk and James the blanket and bag. "Here, baby boy. It opens like this. It's basically a portable desk.", he said, opening it for him. Philip smiled.

"Thanks, Thomas...", he said, grinning at him. James had been inspecting the bag and blanket he received.

"Thank you darling.", Madison said, looking at Thomas and grinning. Philip shifted and grabbed his presents, handing them out. James kissed him after seeing the titles on the books and Thomas tackled both of them on the couch, causing the boy to giggle.

"Best Christmas ever.", the Vice President mumbled into the couch, laying on top of his lovers.

The day saw Philip doing some of his homework on the couch with his new lap desk, while Thomas was setting up his new instruments and James was packing for his trip.

Philip walked into the dining room, where Thomas had set up the telescope and sat at the table.

"Need help?", the Vice President asked. Philip nodded as James walked in. "What is it?"

"Arguing whether the Constitution should be interpreted loosely or strictly.", he said. "I personally think it should be loose, but only on occasion because otherwise that becomes abuse of power."

James nodded and sat down. He and Thomas shared the same view so Thomas went back to setting up his instruments.

About an hour later, there was a knock on the door. Thomas went and got it, while James stayed with Philip. When the Vice President opened the door, he found Eliza standing there with a dish and a grumpy Alexander.

"Why do we even need to visit this prick?", Alexander grumbled, not realizing Jefferson was there until Eliza elbowed him.

"Hello Mr. Jefferson. We brought you some of our family recipe turkey.", she said, smiling and offering him the dish. Thomas took it, smiling.

"Do come in, it's freezing out here.", he said, stepping out of the doorway. Eliza had to physically pull Alexander inside and pry his grip off the doorway. "James, Eliza and Alexander are here! Would you care to stay for dinner?", he asked.

"Of course.", Eliza smiled, as Alexander growled "Hell no." She elbowed him again and glared him down.Thomas grinned.

"Great!", he said, as he took Eliza's coat (Alexander refused to let Thomas touch him). Eliza walked in a little more, to where rooms came off the hall, looking around.

"This is a very nice place you have, Mr. Jefferson.", she said, looking at the architecture.

"Thank you, Mrs. Hamilton.", he said. Eliza looked to the right and gasped.

"Philip, what are you doing here?", she said, running to hug him, delighted that her son was here. "Are you going to stay with us for dinner?"

Alexander growled and Eliza shot a glare at him.

"Yeah.", he said. "James tutors me and Thomas helps too. They're the founders of the school and everything."

"Oh, that's so sweet.", she said, turning and rushing over to Thomas. "How's he doing in his classes?"

"Full marks. He has the Hamilton brains.", Thomas chuckled. Eliza grinned.

"Thank you so much for giving him extra help.", she said, hugging each man before walking to an even grumpier Alexander. "What are you about? Don't tell me you're going to hold a grudge the entire dinner."

"I'm just not happy with how much they're helping Philip. I saw Jefferson and him in the bookstore together and he said they were book shopping. What kind of rector goes shopping with his students?", he muttered.

"One that cares about the success of his students. He's helping your son get his education.", she said, and if looks could kill, Alexander would be 6 feet under 3 times over.

"Come on Eliza, we can get dinner cooked.", Thomas offered. Eliza beamed and followed him to the kitchen. James went back to tutoring Philip and Alexander pouted in the corner quietly. 

Dedicated to:  Jemmy_James Galaxy_Fanfics randomgirl14 ThisUserIsOriginal Bluepixelart

I will dedicate more chapters as I write more chapters