Chapter 13

The next morning, Thomas forced himself to pull out of his lovers' holds and and get dressed before walking downstairs and making them breakfast. He went to write a note, but remembered he had the day off, so he walked back and gently kissed James awake, followed by James kissing Philip awake, who was nuzzled into James's chest.

"Morning, loves... I made breakfast...", he gently murmured to the smaller men in bed. Philip took a moment to fully wake up and lean up to kiss Thomas, before rolling over to rest back against James's chest and face his taller lover.

"Food?", Philip asked, still a little asleep, causing James to chuckle and hand him up to Thomas, who set him straight on his feet. Philip fell forward into Thomas's chest, falling back asleep. The Vice President chuckled and helped the young man walk to the kitchen table, James following in suit.

James pulled out a chair and Thomas gently sat Philip in it before placing a plate in front of the youngest man. By the time Thomas had pulled out James's chair and placed a plate in front of him and had a plate himself, Philip had fallen asleep in his eggs. When James and Thomas looked back at him, he was facedown in his plate.

The two politicians looked at each other before bursting out laughing. They got up and James pulled Philip out of his food and Thomas gently wiped a wet cloth over his young lover's face to clean the eggs off. James set breakfast to the side and Thomas scooped the sleeping man up and took him to the bed and tucked him back in and climbed in next to him. James showed up a few minutes later and also climbed in to cuddle.

Philip woke a few hours later and snuggled further between the warmth of Thomas and James, wanting to be held. Thomas noted the shifting as James had fallen back asleep as well, so he wrapped his arms around Philip's waist and kissed his forehead, earning him a purr.

"You actually awake now, love?", Thomas asked. Philip nodded and rolled over to kiss James awake.

"What?", the Congressman mumbled.

"Wake up, Jemmy.", Philip chuckled. James slowly woke up and kissed Thomas.

"Breakfast, take 2?", Thomas offered. James nodded. The Vice President got up and brought the food back to bed. James sat Philip up as Thomas handed them their plates from earlier.

"What are we doing today?", Philip asked.

"I was going to take you shopping for supplies for college.", James said.

"I can help you decide what to major in.", Thomas offered. Philip nodded, accepting both ideas.

Thomas and Philip eventually decided he would take the classes Thomas did. English literature, Government and Politics, and History. As they finished breakfast, Philip realized that the campus was just a little ways up the road from where he was currently at. He smiled at the thought of still seeing them every day.

He got up when he was done and climbed over Thomas to get dressed before helping James up and letting the Congressman get dressed. Philip took the plates and walked down to the kitchen to clean them. He was pulled out of his trance by James wrapping his arms around his waist.

"Ready to go, doll?", he purred, nibbling on Philip's collarbone a little. Philip nearly dropped the plate he was washing. He put it down quickly and turned to kiss James.

The older man chuckled and grabbed his hand. The first thing they did was get basic supplies. A bag, a quill, an inkwell, a journal. The second thing they did was get books.

While James was looking for a book for history, Philip found himself face to face with his father in the English section.

"Oh, sorry- Dad?"

"Philip? What are you doing here?", Alexander asked.

"Getting books for classes. I'm taking English literature, Government and Politics, and History.", he said. Alexander nodded and started rambling.

James appeared behind Alexander, not close enough for him to notice, but enough so Philip could see the book he found. Philip nodded to James that it was the right book. James turned and put it in the bag, right as Alexander turned around to see what Philip was looking at.

"Representative Madison."

"Secretary Hamilton." They exchanged greetings coldly. Philip forgot he had to pretend to not know James, until James started talking about him.

"And this is the little Hamilton? What are you, going into college?", James asked, sending a wink at Philip.

"Yes, sir. University of Virginia.", Philip said. James chuckled.

"You know, my friend founded that college.", he said. Alexander rolled his eyes.

"Yes, we all know that Thomas founded-" He was cut off by James.

"What classes are you taking this year?"

"English literature, Government and Politics, and History.", Philip said, trying not to grin at the game they were playing with his dad.

"Ah, you'd make a fine politician. You should talk to Thomas or I. We'd love to help you with your studies.", James said, looking to Alexander for a reaction. The man looked ready to kill.

"Philip, you will not go near them.", he ordered. Philip nodded and excused himself to look at more books, while James went and paid for the books they had.

They met outside and started to walk back, but turned around in time to see Alexander storm out of the store and step in horse shit. They watched him start cursing at air and turned to walk back home, James intertwining their fingers.