Chapter 11

Philip was woken by his sister jumping on him and bouncing.

"Angie, what-", he mumbled sleepily.

"Get up! Mother made breakfast and I'm hungry!", she said.

"Why did that make you wake me up?"

"Cause, I wanna eat with you.", she said. Philip groaned. His sister hadn't changed since he left. He pushed her off him and she ran out of the room, her brother following sleepily. He immediately perked up at the thought of going home to James and Thomas that night.

He sat down next to her and started eating once everyone sat down. There wasn't much to talk about, seeing as it had all been said last night and the news hadn't come yet. Philip was halfway through his plate when Angie dragged him outside to play. He was actually glad to have some time with his sister. They would always play together when he was younger.

Alexander was watching them from the window inside when Eliza came and stood next to him. He glanced nervously to her. She didn't take her eyes off her kids. He turned his focus back to Philip and Angie. He gasped a moment later as he felt Eliza's hand slip into his.

After lunch, Philip set his last hours aside to talk to his parents. He found Eliza sitting next to Alexander, hugging his arm. Their talk ended with a very proud Eliza and an emotional wreck of Alexander Hamilton. He chuckled at his father's antics and hugged him.

"I'll see you at Christmas. I'll stay at my friend's house, it's easier to get back to campus, but I'll visit.", he said.

"Alright... My son... I'm so proud of you...", Alexander sobbed. Philip chuckled and hugged him.

"You're going to make us proud. Give your friend our regards.", Eliza smiled. Philip nodded and hugged her. As his stuff was being loaded into the carriage, he went to Angie and handed her a small doll he'd gotten her and a bag of clay marbles for his brother. He went and hugged each of his family members one last time, again, having to pry an emotional Alexander off him, before waving as the carriage pulled off.

Philip leaned back against the seat, sighing. Ah, his dysfunctional family hadn't changed since he last saw them. He relaxed against the seat for the journey back to his lovers.

James had gentle awakening, by Thomas gently kissing and nibbling on one of his sensitive spots. The small man let out a purr and pulled Thomas up to kiss him. The taller man chuckled and wrapped his arms around him.

"Thomas...", James whined playfully. "Don't we need to get ready for Philip to come back?"

The Vice President groaned but let go of him and got up to get dressed. James chuckled and also got up.

"What needs to be done?", he asked. Thomas thought for a second.

"Dinner, I guess. Maybe some cleaning.", he shrugged. James nodded and grabbed Thomas's hand and brought it to his lips, gently kissing his knuckles.

The day saw James and Thomas setting up the dining table in a romantic mood. Thomas set the plates out and made sure everything was in its place while James kept an eye on the side dishes cooking while adding the finishing touches to the main dish before sliding it into the oven.

James went to set out glasses, but as soon as he walked into the dining room, Thomas caught him around the waist and nuzzled into his hair. The smaller man chuckled and placed an arm on top of Thomas's.

"Whatcha doin', doll?", he asked.

"Thinking about how short you are. It's honestly adorable.", the taller man mumbled.

"I love you too, Mr. Vice President.", James said, as Thomas let go of him to let him put down the glasses.

"Don't call me that. We're not at work, Representative Madison.", Thomas pouted, causing his partner to crack a smile. Madison chuckled and went to hug Jefferson, who gladly accepted it, his pout still set in his features.

"Aw... I was just teasin', darlin'... Smile for me, doll?", James asked in his Southern baritone. Thomas smiled down at him and he reached up to caress his cheek. "There we go..."

The two politicians stood in a hug for a while before the Vice President leaned down and pecked James on the forehead and leaving to check on the food.