Chapter 3

Thomas woke up to loud knocking on the door. He got up carefully, so as not to disturb Philip and walked down the hall to get the door.

When he opened the door, he found James Madison standing there, soaking wet, with the paper, in the pouring rain.

"Come in, Jemmy.", he said, stepping aside so James could come in. He took James's coat and hung it up to dry. "What's going on?"

"Hamilton published this today on John Adams.", James said, holding up the paper. Thomas groaned when he saw the front page. He gently took James's hand and intertwined their hands to lead the Congressman to the living room.

James sat down next to Thomas and kissed their intertwined fingers to comfort him.

"He just attacked the only other significant member of his party. This is great news, Jemmy!", Thomas said, kissing him excitedly. James chuckled at Thomas's antics. Thomas was always the bouncy, flamboyant type. They continued to talk on various subjects, their hands intertwined.

When Philip woke up, he heard voices coming from the doorway. Thomas and... was that... James Madison? Thomas had already explained the nature of his relationship with James to Philip, and Philip didn't see James as a threat, but as another person to love, even though this would be their first time meeting.

He got up and silently walked into the hall and sat next to Thomas, waiting for a place to interrupt. When there was a pause, Philip took the opportunity.

"Philip Hamilton, pleasure to meet you.", he said, holding out his hand, which James shook.

"James Madison Jr., likewise, Mr. Hamilton. Although, I'm afraid your father's losing it a little. He published this today on the current president.", James said, handing him the daily paper.

Philip did a mental facepalm when he read the article.

"He never knows when to shut his mouth, does he?", Philip sighed and leaned against Thomas.

"I'm afraid not.", James replied. Philip chuckled dryly and moved to cuddle between James and Thomas.

James looked down at the young man with a fondness in his eyes and smiled, before stroking Philip's hair. The young Hamilton purred and turned to nuzzle into the Congressman's chest. Thomas chuckled.

"He seems to like you, Jemmy.", Thomas said. Philip took note of the nickname. He shifted so he was leaning against James but facing Thomas

"Jemmy?", he asked. James chuckled.

"That's Thomas's nickname for me, but literally everyone calls me Jemmy. Feel free to use it.", Madison said. Philip leaned back to look up at him.

"Ok, Jemmy.", he said, trying out the name. He felt proud of himself when he saw James smile. Thomas had his own sense of pride welling up in his chest. His two favorite people, his two lovers, were getting along. There was nothing better he could ask for than that.

James leaned down to kiss Philip's forehead but Philip turned his head up to catch Madison's lips. Thomas watched the two as the kiss grew into something passionate. He got up to leave them to it, but both James and Philip broke apart to look at him. James grabbed his wrist.

"Stay?", Philip asked. Thomas smiled gently.

"Of course, loves.", he said, and James scooted over so Thomas could sit between them. James curled into Thomas's right side, and Philip attached himself to Jefferson's other side. The Vice President chuckled.

"I'm an attraction, aren't I?", Thomas asked, chuckling slightly. James nodded and intertwined their fingers again.

"You are, darling.", the Congressman murmured. Philip loved the sound of a Virginian accent on Madison. He reached across Thomas to stroke Madison's chin.

"I love your voice. Both of your voices. The South sounds amazing on you. I also love you beards.", Philip said. James and Thomas looked at each other and chuckled.

"Well, thank you darling. I must say, your freckles are a sight and your hair is beautiful.", James said. Philip smiled and ran his thumb across James's bottom lip. James slipped it into his mouth and sucked on his thumb gently.

Thomas smiled at the sight and brushed back some of Philip's hair. James smiled at them and continued to suck on Philip's thumb until the younger man removed it to kiss him. Thomas gently pulled Philip away from the other Virginian after a moment to steal his own passionate kiss from James.

Philip whined when Thomas kissed James for too long. Jefferson chuckled and pulled away from James to turn and kiss Philip, so as to not leave his youngest lover without attention. Philip hummed into the kiss and ran his hand over Jefferson's beard, which tickled his palm. They gently pulled away after a minute and Thomas moved to rub Philip's back and stroke Madison's hair.

"I love you.", Philip said. Madison and Jefferson looked at him.

"We love you too, darling.", James answered. Philip smiled and fell asleep on Thomas's chest. He was woken up a moment later by James having a sneezing fit and Thomas caring for him.

"Jemmy, you're sick again. Did you come all the way from Montpelier?"

James nodded weakly as a coughing fit overcame him. Philip watched from his spot across from Madison as Thomas got up and retrieved a pile of blankets to wrap James in.

"Jemmy, that's a long way and it was raining all night. You probably have a cold...", Thomas said, kissing James's forehead. Madison smiled weakly.

"Worth it to see you. And meet Philip.", he said, nodding at the young man. Thomas chuckled with fondness and shook his head.

"I'll tell Adams that you're sick. Be warned, me dealing with Federalists on my own is not a pretty sight.", Thomas said. The man under the pile of blankets snickered and wrapped himself further into the blankets.

"Trust me, we know.", the Madison burrito replied. Philip got up to kiss Madison's forehead.

"You are so adorable, Jemmy.", the young Hamilton said. James made a face.

"I know."

Thomas and Philip spent the rest of the day doting on and caring for James. Philip made him some soup and Thomas played a song that he knew James would fall asleep to. The youngest member of the trio watched in awe as the Vice President's music lulled the Congressman burrito to sleep. He helped Thomas move James to his bed before getting in next to him and falling asleep cuddling the third and sickly member of their trio.