Too much - C.B

////

I tapped away on my laptop, desperately try to finish this essay before it was due in 4 hours. After that I had to cook dinner, clean the house, wash the dishes and so much more. Thinking about made me feel stressed so I grabbed my phone and headphones, sitting back down at my desk in my apartment. I put on some random playlist and the music started, distracting my mind from everything I had to do.

I let out a frustrated groan as I read back over my essay. It was messy but made enough sense to read. It would have to do since it was due in half an hour. "This essay is bullshit and it's due in thirty minutes but I still need to write more and I still have so much shit to do" I muttered to myself. I continued to write until the very last minute where I had no choice but to email it to my professor. I shut my laptop and sighed, standing up and grabbing my phone and headphones again as I walked out of the room.

I decided on making myself dinner after I finished everything and put my headphones in, starting my music again. I put my phone in my pocket and walked to the laundry room, throwing all my clean clothes into the dryer and my dirty clothes into the washing machine. I put in the soap stuff and turned it on, walking back out to the kitchen. I ran the water until it was warm and filled up half of the sink. I didn't have enough money to afford a dishwasher so I washed everything by hand. I had an entire 2 weeks of dishes to wash since I had no more dishes left and was too lazy to wash them before.

After 20 minuets of washing dishes, I realised how tired I was. I checked the time on my phone and it read 12:35am. I silently sighed and continued washing.

My mind started racing over everything I had to do and all the assignments and papers due this week that I hadn't start or finished. A few tears escaped my eyes, I quickly wiped them away and continued washing.

After a long half an hour I had finally finished the dishes. So many fucking dishes it took 30 damn minuets. I took out all my cleaning shit and yawned as I leaned the vacuum against the kitchen counter. I got out all the other cleaning stuff and started cleaning the kitchen. My yawns were becoming more often but I still had shit to do. I finished wiping down the counter when I realised something. "I can't do this. Its too much" I whispered and put my head in my hands.

Tears started streaming down my face as I sat down on the floor and cried. I heard the door open but didn't bother to look at who it was. Someone sat next to me and pulled me onto their lap. I breathed in the familiar smell and realised it was Corbyn. I put my head on his chest and tried to calm myself down which didn't help. I tried to contain the sobs but it didn't work and they only got louder.

Corbyn hugged me and pulled me closer to his chest, running his hand through my hair and holding my hand with his other hand. "It's ok baby" Corbyn said as I started to calm down a bit. I steadied my breathing and put my head on his shoulder. "What's wrong princess?" He asked when I'd calmed down. "Everything. I have so much shit to do" I said between hiccups. "What sorta shit?" Corbyn asked, holding both my hands, fiddling with them. "Cleaning, cooking, washing more clothes and a lot of other shit. It's all too much" I sighed. "You can clean and wash clothes some other time. Right now we're gonna go down to your bedroom and I'll order some pizza and we can cuddle Ok?" He asked and looked down at me, kissing my lips softly.

"That sounds amazing"

I had my first exam today and it was really fucking stressful and I didn't even get to finish it. My brain is mush.

Mia ✨