20. The Heart Wrenching Truth

● T W E N T Y ●
● THE HEART WRENCHING TRUTH ●
•••❣•••

M A N I K
―――

"I'm sorry Manik! Please forgive me for renewing your old wounds, I shouldn't have troubled you" she hugged me tightly and started to cry.

She believed and accepted everything I've said so far but how am I supposed to tell her that why I am not able to sleep in this room, how I'm going explain Soha's presence in my house? What will she think if I tell her that I kept Soha locked as my mistress in this room for all these years?

She will never forgive me.

But at some point I've to tell her the truth that I'm not what she thinks I am. She deserves to know everything about me because she is my wife, she has all the rights to know.

I wiped her tears gently then said "Hey don't cry, I know whatever happened was terrible but see the good side, I got YOU in return"

"What!!! What do you mean?" She looked at me in confusion when I said that.

I smiled knowing that now she's about to know the best part of the story.

"What I mean is after days of darkness when I was lost, you came into my life as the Divine light and showed me the way back to home"

"Oh really! Care to explain"

"After Uncle's death London police arrested me..."

"When did he die? And how?" She interrupted

Did I forgot to mention about that mother fucker's death? Guess yes..

"During the fight that night, he was trying to touch me again and again so I pushed him hard and because he was intoxicated, he could not manage himself and he died after falling down from the window" her mouth opened in shock, she couldn't utter a single word.

I know what she must be thinking, I am a killer! A criminal! though I didn't do that intentionally but stil I can't deny that fact that I killed someone and somehow I know I can't be forgiven!

After a long pause I asked her "Do you know what London police do with a criminal whom they arrest in charges of murder?" She simply cling to me and nod her head left to right.

"They tortured me like animals, starved me, reposed me on ice slabs naked, hung me upside down" I choked while caressing her fingers.

A fresh stream of tear flow down her cheek "Ma.." when she tried to took my name.

I bit my lower lip and brushed off her tears from her cheek, "After months of tortures they deport me to India and handed me to the Indian Police, I was been Jailed here too. Soha visited me once, I told her everything what her father had told me but she refused to believe and said that, I purposely killed him for his business and properties"