Abraxas who did not miss this, turned around to see where his escort was looking at. His eyes also landed on Alexa, who was by now squirming uncomfortably in her spot. His eyes automatically narrowed on the girl in front of him when he realized she belonged to Riddle. He turned back to his companion, "Don't even think about it. She is taken. Besides this will ruin all our hard work."

"Five minutes won't hurt the white boy," Evanka commented back, and without giving him a chance left his side.

~

"Enjoyed the show?" Evanka exclaimed as she took a halt in front of the hybrid girl. The smirk from earlier was still in its place.

"I am -" Alexa opened her mouth to apologize but was cut off when,

"Don't tease the girl Rosier." Anthony Avery joined their one-sided conversation. He gave a big smile to Alexa who smiled back in response. They were acquaintances after all.

"Avery!" Evanka exclaimed. "Another unwanted interruption." She looked around to find he was alone. The female eagle who accompanied her not long back was nowhere insights. "Where is your escort? Scared you already?"

Anthony scoffed. "She isn't you to scare boys away." He sided with his betrothed.

"Yeah, she isn't," Evanka snorted. Then she stepped forward and pinched his cheek tightly "But you are so cute to have a crush on her."

Anthony turned bright pink, causing laughter to erupt from the female Rosier. A smile graced Alexa's lips. It was actually adorable.

"Your juice." Logan joined their group holding the glass of pumpkin juice in his right hand. He threw a nod and a smile in his tutor's direction, who nodded replicating his greetings.

Alexa reached forward to take the glass from Logan's hand, but Evanka snatched it away before she could do so. She gulped the drink down in one shot. All three people were looking at her in utter disbelief.

"It wasn't exactly for you," Logan replied.

"Well, it's your fault for bringing only one glass in the first place cousin." The new yet familiar voice joined the conversation. Evanka turned around and pulled the owner of this new voice in for a hug.

"Rebekah, girl, how have you been?"

Rebekah snorted as she pulled back from her best friend. "I have been fine for the last thirty minutes that you left me alone."

"Hey, you can't blame me." Evanka complained, "Every minute with that white boy feels like an era to me."

The boys in the group stiffened for completely different reasons. Anthony was having a hard time taking his eyes off his wife-to-be, while Logan was confused about how to react to his cousin.

Ignoring both male candidates in the group, Rebekah held her hand out for Alexa to shake. The latter took her hand without any hesitation.

"So, how does it feel to be free from O.W.L. year finally?" Rebekah asked the badger. All four pairs of eyes turned in her direction.

"Very good," Alexa replied. She was getting used to the attention. All thanks to her traitorous body and that annoying git. Speaking of git, where was that snake? She wondered. She hadn't seen him at the party. And to be honest, Tom was the boy who treasured time like nothing else. Without realizing she asked, "Where is Tom?"

"Ah! Missing your lover, aren't you?" Anthony spoke. His eyes twinkling in the process. "I am actually surprised you didn't show up here with your boy."

Alexa turned red in embarrassment. She didn't know how many times it had happened that evening. "Just asking."

She didn't realize that she had not denied the hypothesis, but not everyone else was as oblivious as her.

"Of course you are." Anthony teased. It was something he enjoyed the most. After all, he was not a Slytherin without a reason. "However to answer you, he has got some Prefect duties. Don't worry your lover will come and I am looking forward to seeing his reaction when he will."

And as if he had jinxed it, the Slytherin prefect entered the room at the very instant. Clad in his black robes he was looking every bit of handsome. Even more than usual. Though he was wearing the cheapest robes among all the boys present in that room, they did not obscure his perfection. He was the finest and he knew it. His eyes were searching through the sea of his schoolmates to find the people he actually knew. His dark chocolate eyes widened when they landed on the girl he tutored that year.

He saw that she had left her dark hairs open, allowing them to reach her waist. Her emerald dress was looking old, but it was complimenting her pale skin better. Her fingers were interleaved as they played with one another, a habit Tom knew she had whenever she was in public. Unlike other girls, her face lacked any makeup, not hiding the freckles she had on her cheeks and nose. To be truthful, she was looking simple yet beautiful to him.

What was she doing there anyway? He was not expecting to see her there. He thought she was not a people person. His jaw clenched. The darkness swirl in his eyes when they landed on the reason behind her presence. That Logan boy. He was standing beside her. It didn't take a minute to the finest pupil in his era to realize that McLaggen had not learned his lesson yet.

Was he not clear enough last time?

Was that boy really as pathetically dimwitted as he looked?

He cursed under his breath. Without wasting a moment he took fast-paced strides in the direction where the group was standing. He stopped his marathon only when he was standing right in front of the centre of his attention. He grabbed Alexa's hand roughly and pulled her with him toward the exit of that place, leaving everyone stunned behind.

~*~*~

I am so sorry if this chapter wasn't up to your expectations. Please refer chapter 27 in case you don't remember Evanka Rosier. I know her appearance was overdue.

If you liked this chapter and want to read more, then please vote and share this story with your pals, it will motivate me in writing more.

Thank you all!!!