Chapter 13 New Mexico

Okay let's take a break from the story and fast forward a bit. Only 4 years though and everything that happened in those years wasn't much of a big deal. I made friends with almost every SHIELD agent. It was actuary surprisingly easy. Everyone loves a cute little girl and everyone was afraid of Natasha.

One boy even asked me out so I agreed and had Natasha drop me off a block away from the theater. It was fun he was super cute. At this point we actually have another date planned.

But befriending the agents was nice it's like having a big family. I thought it would be harder considering the whole secret agent motivating much feelings thing but it wasn't.

Natasha and I grew closer than ever. I also got closer to Clint and Phil. See when Natasha was on a mission Clint would babysit me and when he was in a mission Phil would. One time Fury actually had to babysit me and I actually grew close to him too.

Anyways back to the story. At this point Phil is taking me to New Mexico because some alien technology landed near the city.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alena's POV

"Ready to go Alena?" Phil asks.

"Yes I am" I grab my bag and grab his hand. I know holding hands is kinda like a kid thing and I'm 14 but it makes me feel safe. That's right Fury is busy Clint and her are going on a dangerous mission and there isn't any body else Natasha trusts....so I'm going with Phil on his less dangerous mission

"Alena I need you too be in your best behavior for Phil this mission is very important" Natasha puts her hand son my shoulders.

"I will and why is it so important just a satellite crash right?" I ask.

"It's not we believe it's alien technology so-"

"SHIELD is gonna area 51 the place" I interject.

"Yes now we have to go bye Romanoff" Phil drags me along.

"Bye mom" I wave as we walk away. We board the jet with a few other agents. One of them is a scientist his name is Agent Harf. Something about him rubs me the wrong way.

"Okay we've received reports that a man that seems to be mentally unstable was admitted into a nearby hospital the same time this thing turned up. So while I have a group examining and making a temporary base around the object Agent Harf you go check on this man." Phil gives his orders and everyone nods.

"What do I do" I ask.

"You can come with me Alena I'm sure it won't be very hard just a few questions" Agent Harf suggests.

"Yes Alena you go with Agent Harf good idea" Phil praises. I give him pleading eyes and mouth please no. Phil gives me an apologetic look but doesn't retract the order. The rest of the ride was silent. When we landed alarm bells rang in my head as I reluctantly followed Agent Harf.

"Come on Alena smile a little I don't bite" Harf says when we get in a car.

"I don't know that for sure" I snap.

"Your 14 right and yet you act like an adult don't you" Harf retaliates.

"Yeah well certain things happened in my life that forced me to grow up a little to fast be lucky I'm not a full fledged dult yet!" I growl. Harf opens his mouth to say something but one glare from me makes him snap his jaw shut. When we arrived at the hospital I all but bolted out of the car.

"Wait up Alena we have to approach this cautiously this guy might be dangerous" Harf warns.

"Okay but know this if I get hurt it's on your head for making me come here" I retort.

"Snappy are we" Harf teases.

"Lets just get his over with" I mutter under my breath. We enter the hospital and Harf talks to the front desk lady. They are arguing until finally he flashes his badge and she lets us through.

"Sir are you sure about bringing a child in there he attacked and knocked out several doctors earlier" the secretary asks.

"Thank you miss for your concern but I won't be talking to him. I'll be watching and if anything happens ill call and or watch and laugh" I smirk.

"Come on Alena" Harf grabs my wrist and drags me forward.

"Hey let go that hurts" I wrench my arm from his grip.

"Sorry when we get there wait outside can you do that?"

"Yes Harf I can" I resist rolling my eyes. We walked in a awkward silence the rest of the way to this guy's room. Inside the room there was a really hot blonde guy strapped to a table. He looked as if he just woke up. He was enraged about being restrained I could tell. He was yelling and struggling against the bonds. I wanted to reach out to him to free him for some reason. Maybe it was because I know what it felt like to be confined and it wasn't pleasant. I walked up and touched the glass. Harf was watching me and he wasn't goin in.

"Aren't you goin to ask him some stuff" I ask.

"No I'm not" Harf replies.

"What do you mean that's what we came here for."

"No it's not what I came here for" Harf steps forward toward s me and I back into the glass. Alarm bells rang in my head and my stomach flip flopped.

"Well what did you come here for" I ask calmly as possible reaching towards my pocket. Inside I had a knife that Natasha gave to me. It was a switch blade and she very proudly taught me how to use it.

"Now Alena knives aren't necessary here" Harf scolded.