Chapter 19 Home will Have to wait

Alena's POV

We've been flying for days and Elizabeth finally collapsed outside an undeveloped village.

"Okay we need to find out were web are and get you something to eat" I help her up. I pull her hand around my shoulders and help her into the village. Many people bustling around gawked at us.

"Excuse me where's an inn?" I ask a lady.

"Right there" the lady quickly points.

"Thank you very much" I nod and drag Elizabeth there. As soon as enter a lady walks up.

"Welcome to-uh" the lady freezes.

"My friend and I need work and lodgings I can garden and cook she can lift heavy things and clean" I say.

"Well I do need help with cooking and cleaning tables so why not" the lady grins.

"Thank you so much I'm Alena Desera and this is Elizabeth Lucy" I gesture to E-Lu who is half asleep.

"I'm Anna Han" the lady hold shout her hand and I shake it.

"Well Miss Han I can start today but she may have to wait a day is that okay?"

"Yes yes of course I'll show you to a room you may stay" Miss wave for us to follow her.

"Here and I'll be back with clothes" Miss Han leaves us in the room. I lay E-Lu down and fix her wrongs so they don't get crushed. Then I rip up my hospital gown and use it to wrap up my bullet hole after I cleaned it.

"Thats gonna scar." Oh well I already have 3 on my head, 5 on my stomach, one framing my eye, and multiple in other places. So what's one more? "We're gonna be ok Elizabeth we're gonna be fine right?"

~1 Week Later~

A whole week of hard hard work and we still don't have a plan on how to get out of here and across the ocean. I found out we are in Malta. Of course it has to be the one country SHIELD can't enter just perfect! To make it worse E-Lu can't fly us out because that whole anger episode made her extremely weak and one of her wings got clipped on our way out. I'm shocked she even made it here. At the moment I'm on break so I'm taking a walk around town.

"Why won't you bloom I've tried so hard" a woman complains. I look over to find her sitting in her garden next to a powerless plant. So I walk up and tap her on the shoulder.

"Uh excuse me ma'am I'm Alena and I think I can help" I introduce myself.

"What can you do touch it an make it magi- oh" I cut her off by touching the plant and channeling some energy into it. Instant blooms sprout from the plant. "Oh thank you thank you miss here" she pushes a coin into my hand.

"Oh I can't accept this it was nothing" I try to give it back.

"Take it I insist also can you do the rest of my garden?"

"Sure" I nod and pocket the coin. After that I touch each of her plants and make them grow.

"Thank you so much keep the coin as thanks please."

"Okay thank you for the money really it will help my friend and I." Since all the work we do goes to our room and food we have no extra to get a plane ticket or even a car out of the border.

That's how it's started many more people asked me to do there gardens and played me for it. Then when people found out about my gift with animals I also got paid to check out problem animals. Elizabeth also found extra ways to make money too. She helps build things for the people with her strength, bends light for people who don't have electricity, start fires to warm homes, and sometimes she guards the village at night. But will all these extras job it will still take awhile to save up. So I guess for now we are stuck here.

~3 Month Later Exaclty 1 year 4 2/3 Months Away from Home~

I'm sweeping and signing a tune in the inn when Miss Han walks in.

"I just realized how young you look how old are you?"

"I'm 14 wait no 15 wait my birthday was January 13th so 15" I reply.

"And your friend how old is she?"

"Shes turning 17 this year I don't know when though" I answer.

"Where are your parents?" At this question I freeze.

"Mine are far away very far away. Elizabeth doesn't have any."

"Is that why your working so hard to make money every change you get so you can go back to them? I'm guessing your friend is coming to."

"Yes and of course after what we've been through I wouldn't leave her" I look up.

"I'm not gonna ask what happened to you I know better than that."

"Thank you it's better left forgotten" I half smile.

"Well thanks for working hard" Miss Han smiles and leaves.