Chapter 23 More Mental than Physical

Alena's POV

"Well most of these scars are unfixable. I'm sorry you'll have to live with them."

"That's okay Agent Heart they are like a reminder I guess" I nod.

"The bruise on your breast will heal and fade within a weak. Along with the ones in your stomach and thighs. But this cut wasn't properly treated so I'm afraid it'll scar." Agent Heart gently examines the result of the assault. I don't answer to this. I can still feel his hands and the blade. Agent Heart cleans the cut and I flinch away from her touch. Agent Heart leaves after examining Elizabeth and I.

After a few minutes Natasha walked in trying not to looked pissed.

"What happened to you Alena?" Natasha asks straight to the point.

"Is it really important I mean I'm back right?" I ask.

"Yes it is because if......if something worse than a cut happened to you....I'd never forgive myself" Natasha rubs my arm.

"Its not you I'd need to forgive" I whisper.

"Alena please I understand if you don't want to go I don't need you to go into detail but can you at least give an overview. Please I need to make sure you'll be okay" Natasha pleads. I barely nod and clear my throat.

"Well when I woke up I was in an underground base in a sewer. Mom they they did things to me......odd things. I'm different now.....they changed me.....I'll never be the same. I was cut open without sedatives multiple times. My head was cut open several times too. I can do things now......control plants........talk to animals......change animals......mom it's not normal. Elizabeth helped me escape and we flew to a village. A nice lady who owns the inn gave us work and a place to stay. We saved up for a year to get across the border. But before we left something happened......" I choked when I tried to talk about Alex. I felt disgusted with myself and with him. I could still feel his hands all over me. Still heard his voice in my head and saw his face when I closed my eyes.

"A village boy Alex had been eyeing her for awhile.....I thought it would be okay to leave her......I was only gone for a few minutes....A few minutes to many. He trapped her.........i-n our room. She couldn't defend herself.........I broke in before......before....before permanent....things were done...but her injuries are more mental than physical. I-I- can't say exactly what happened because Alena didn't tell me. But Alena said she wished not to be pushed to speak about it." Elizabeth answered to my mom when I couldn't speak. By the time she was done I was choking and sobbing. Elizabeth and Natasha made no sounds they just held me close whispering promises in my ears.

That's when Elizabeth Lucy's words caught my eye and I just had to ask.

"What do the words mean?" Mom froze and looked me in the eye.

"Look" Natasha pulled down her shirt and on her shoulder she had words too. It read I'll teach you how to survive. She also had several Mark's surrounding it. Her marks were red, silver, and black stars that covered her shoulders and went to her neck. Something in the back of my mind flickered but I didn't ponder.

"What do they mean?"

"They are the first words my soul mate ever said to me" Natasha said emotionless.

"WHAT?" I yell. "Soul mate? Why? What? Ho-"

"Let me explain" Natasha cuts me off. I close my mouth and nod. "They are called soul-marks and everyone has them. Sometimes they're a symbol of your soul mate, sometimes a name, most of the time the first words they say to you. A soul mate-well it's pretty self explanatory, they are a perfect match for you. It could be romantic, guardian like, or friendly. They are supposed to stick around your whole life a lifetime companion. Some one to stay by your side. But unfortunately when life gives us gifts like that most abuse them. They hurt their soul mate. It could be unintentionally but it could also be in purpose. The extra designs symbolize every time your soul mate has hurt you. That's why you, Elizabeth Lucy and I have so many extra."

"But why do you hurt if your soul mate hurts you. Shouldn't they hurt?" Elizabeth Lucy asks.

"Yes they should and they could. These marks show our kind hearts. We either purposely accepted the pain and took it away from our soul mates. Since you both didn't know I'm guessing your subconscious did it because your both so kind hearted and forgiving. I took the pain because I knew it wasn't his fault."

"Oh" E-Lu and I mumble no other words to say. Elizabeth seemed especially hurt by this new information and I understand. Her words said you shouldn't exist I would be upset too. Mine were upsetting a little bit but I refused to allow myself to ponder. The last thing I need is another thing to be depressed about.

Clint came walking in an hour later. SHIELD decided to stay and recuperate for a day. Elizabeth Lucy, mom and I are all staying together in the med truck. Agent Heart wants to observe me and E-Lu.

Elizabeth Lucy's POV

"Alena I'm so glad your okay. We missed you sooo much. Saber misses you too. I can't wait to get in more trouble at SHIELD with you" a man tried to hug Alena but she flinched away. He had dirty blond shot spikes hair, brown eyes, and a strong muscular frame. He was wearing a black bullet proof vest and black jeans. The man lowered his arms with a forlorn look on his face.

"Hi I'm Elizabeth Lucy Alena's friend" I held out my hand.

"Clint Barton" the man shook it.

"Oh Alena mentioned you and a few others. Nick, Phil, and Saber. She probably wishes to see them" I inform him.

"Oh yes well Phil is back at main base watching Saber and looking after Alena's room. Nick runs this whole thing so he can't come see her." Clint hastily explains.

"Well this whole thing was a rescue mission for Alena so shouldn't he at least check on her" I snap before I can stop myself.

"Yes he should and he is" a new man approached. He was tall, African-American, he had bark brown eyes, he was bald, and he had an dispatch. He was wearing a black trench coat and probably super armor underneath.

"Hello I'm Elizabeth Lucy" I hold out my hand.

"Nick Fury" the man gives me an intimidating look and shakes my hand.

"Nice to meet you" I reply.

"Woah world's colliding" Alena whispers not annoyed by our conversing as if she wasn't there. Nick cracks a smile and by the look on Clints face he must not do that often.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay peeps I need a little help from all you wonderful people. I need to know what pairings you want in this book. I'm gonna tell your right now Alena, Natasha, and Elizabeth Lucy already has set pairs so sorry but hands off them. Keep in mind I will have the Thor cast in this series so remember those characters. Also this book will have maybe two more chapters then it will end. Don't worry there will be a sequel and then probably a third maybe some after that. I'm not sure but if you keep reading I'll keep writing.

Thanks so much for being awesome readers and I fare thee well.

Counts Daughter (Avengers fan fic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें