Chapter 25 Haunted Home

Alena's POV

As it turns out my family fled the house and SHIELD now has custody of it. Phil pulled some strings and now here I am standing in front of my old home.

"You sure you want to do this?" Natasha asks.

"If I could just go in I swear I'll leave. I won't take nothing but a memory" I nod then I open the door and walk in.

"Alena this is your new nanny Annie Rushman"

I can almost see my dad's hand.

"Hi Alena I'm Annie"

Annie's there bending down to my height. I walk up the stairs and look at the nannies room door.  I gently open the door and look around.

"Okay Alena lets play 20 questions"

Annie's unpacking her stuff and talking to me. I remember thinking I'd love her right away. Then I open my door. I see my bed, bookshelf, table, and window.

"You get lunch on your room don't you eat in the kitchen or dining room?"

The table I ate at everyday and the window that I gazed out in wonder. My room is untouched nothing moved. Just like I left it. Out here it's like I'm someone else. A little girl so innocent and pure. Not the scarred teen who barely trusts anyone anymore. I got lost in this world and I forgot who I am or who I was. Cautiously as if someone was going to shoot me I make my way to the kitchen. It's exactly how I first saw it except for the blood on the floor. My blood.

*BANG*

"Oh god Alena hang on please hang on its gonna be okay your gonna be okay"

I can feel the pain of the shot. Tentatively I touch the scar on my stomach. I can hear Annie's pleading begging me to hang on. A tear falls down my cheek.

"Why did you want to come back?" Natasha whispers from behind me. I don't turn around.

"I thought if I could touch this place or feel it this brokenness inside of me might start healing. I thought that maybe I could find myself."

"I can understand that. But I know from experience going back to the place you were born, calling it home, and hoping it will help isn't always what you should do. You leave home, you move on, and you do the best you can to heal. This isn't your home anymore Alena."

"I know I'm just desperate for closure and healing. Annie I want to be that girl again. I want to be happy, innocent, pure, and naive! Not scared, weak, sad, broken, and scarred!! Why can't I be her again Annie!?! Why can't I!?!?!" I started yelling and I fell to the ground in a sobbing mess.

"You can't be her again because your stronger than her. You've been through hell but you came back. Alena have hope. You'll get past this and I'll help you. Please at least try to heal I need you to be happy."

".........I'll try....."

"Theres my Alena now are you ready to go or do you want another minute?"

"Lets go" I get up and wipe my tears.

"Come on I'm gonna sneak you outside"

Natasha opens the door and we step out.

"So?"

"It's all I thought it would be and more"

It's still very pretty outside even though the garden isn't as well tended. Phil is waiting in the car and Natasha runs up to join him. I look at Phil and he nods. So I close my eyes and turn to look at my house one last time. When I open my eyes of force vines to grow all over it and crush it to the ground.

"I'm ready to start fresh. I'm ready to heal. I don't need you anymore. I have a new home and a new family."

THE END

Well that's the end of the Counts Daughter. Did you guys like it? I hope you did. The sequel may take a while to make but I won't take too long. Anyways please comment any criticism and or suggestions on pairings for the next book. I love to hear from you guy's!! Well that's it so bye my epic readers!!