Chapter 16 I find Friends in the weirdest places

Alena's POV

When I woke up for real I was in a room with a girl curled up in the corner. In the room there was a bed, a sink, and a door that I assume led to a bathroom. I'm in a hospital gown so I can't see my stomach but I'm sure it's scarred up. There were lines on the wall and I assume she's been counting how long she's been here. I blink wait how long have I been here? I really don't know I blacked out so much I could have been here for weeks and I wouldn't have known.

"Excuse me" I tap the girls shoulder. She whips around a scared look in her eye. "I won't hurt you I just want to know if you know how long I've been here?"

"2 weeks I saw them bring you in from the bars" she whispers. Her voice is scratchy maybe because she hasn't spoken in a while or because she's screamed to much. I shudder at that thought.

"Thank you I'm Alena Desera Romanff what's your name?" I ask. (A/N remember the angel told Alena her middle name.)

"Elizabeth Lucy but I don't have a last name" the girl replies.

"Well in all honesty I don't know my real last name either. Romanoff is the last name of my adoptive mother"  I sit beside her.

"Really?"

"Yeah really I know my real parents but I don't know their last names and I don't want to."

"Why don't you want to I'd give anything to know my parents even knowing their last name would be great!"

"Well because my dad's the @$$hole running this base" I growl.

"Well in that case I stand corrected" Elizabeth half smiles and I smile back at her.

"So how long have you been here?"

"2 years" she mumbles.

"Oh wow I'm sorry for that. What have they done to you if you don't mind me asking?"

"I don't really know cut me open, inject me with mystery liquids, drug me, and that's just the stuff I'm conscious for."

"Awful human beings" I spat.

"I agree. How old are you?"

"16 you?"

"14."

"Well I think it's safe to say we should be friends" I joke.

"I've never had a friend."

"Well then I'll be your first friend" I give her a one arm hug.

"Really?" she asks with wide eyes.

"Yes really" I nod.

"Your not fake?"

"Nope I'm not I'm real very real in fact" I reassure her.

"I have a friend I have a friend I have a friend.....OH MY GOSH I HAVE A FRIEND" Elizabeth squeals.

"Yes yes you do E-Lu. E-Lu can I call you that?"

"Yes yes you can Alena Desera Romanoff" she hugs me.

"Cool" I hug her back. "Wait you have words too?" I point to the words just below her knee.

"Yeah you do too?"

"Yep do you know why their there?"

"No but I've seen words on some of the other people here thought though. That soldier the one with the built arm has words starting at his neck and goin down. I think it just a normal thing." Elizabeth's words said You shouldn't exist. They were outlined with fancy blue, green, black, and gold swirls that went all up her leg.  Mine well I don't get mine. My words were framed with silver, red, and black lighting bolts that have been slowly growing up my arm. Every time a new bolt got added it caused this awful pain to flare up my arm.

~Later That Night~

You'd think that being underground an all would block out the sound of thunder but it didn't. Nope I heard the thunder loud and clear. It terrified me so I hid under the bed and cried. She. the thunder would scare me Natasha used to sing to me when a storm came but now she isn't here. Natasha isn't coming to help me through the storm no one is. Elizabeth slept soundly like a rock. She gladly shared the bed with me and even held me close. She helped me feel as safe as I could given the current situation and for that in was grateful.