Chapter 4 Love we all need it

Alena's POV

It's been exactly 3 weeks since Annie came into my life. So far I have loved every second with her.

"Annie" I said one day we where playing a board game. It was called "Life." A game where your a person going through life and overcoming obstacles. So far my life sucked I ended up landing on all the bill spots and no pays spots. I worked as a trash cleaner. I had no husband and no children. Annie however was a surgeon, landed on every pay spot, had a husband, and 2 kids. She was definitely winning.

"Yes Al" Annie looked up. She had taken to calling me Al instead of Alena. I don't think Alena is much of a mouthful though.

"Do you care about me?"

"Of course I do I really do" Annie looked me straight in the eyes when she said this. There wasn't a lie in her eyes. We went back to playing in silence before I decided to say what I wanted to say.

"I love you Annie" I confess. She seemed taken back by this and paused before replying.

"I love you too Alena" she smiled, walked over and hugged me. I at that moment felt like a perfect ten. My previous nannies never stayed for more than a week and and never really cared. I hope Annie can take care of me forever.

"I hope you can stay with me forever" I sigh into her chest.

~~~~~Later that night~~~~~~~~

I couldn't sleep something just felt wrong. So I carefully slid out of bed and tip toed over to Annie's door. I was about to knock when I was stopped by voices. Who is Annie talking to?

"Sir I can't kill an innocent and I wont" Annie whispered. Who was she talking to. A moment of silence but then she continued "fine take me out of this op but you should know she isn't-......yes sir." Was she talking on the phone? I heard footsteps so I ran and jumped in bed fixing the covers so it looked like I never left.

"Alena I know you heard" Annie opened the door.

"Who where you t walking to and about what?" I demanded.

"I was talking to my dad. He want to put down my cat since I'm not there to take care of it. I'm mad because my cat is innocent I would go but I can't leave you." That made sense.

"Oh I'm sorry about your cat" I blubbered

"It's okay she was getting old anyway" Annie shrugged.

"Good night Annie see you tomorrow"

"Night Alena"

"I love you"

"As I love you" Annie shut the door.