Chapter 6 Return

Alena's POV

I think it's Sunday I wouldn't know for sure though. I've been in bed forever. Food gets brought but I don't have the energy to eat.

Why does this kinda stuff happen to me?

Why do I have to be so sick to the point where I have to take medicine water and monthly injections?

Why?

Why?

I ask these questions every month when I'm lying in bed watching for my energy to return. I should he used to this by now right? I mean I've been taking them ever since I was a baby. But the injections seem to only get worse for me. I dint know why.

I don't know a lot of things though.

I don't know what my sickness is.

I don't know why my parents do speak to me.

I don't know why I'm not allowed outside.

I don't know.

I don't know.

I don't know!

This gets really frustrating sometimes. All my questions with no answers. How I stay sane is a mystery to me.

"Alena Alena oh my gosh what happened to you?" Annie burst through the door and ran over to my bedside.

"Y-you c-came b-back" I stammer limply grabbing her hand. "You look taller."

"I came back? Of course I came back! I love you. Also I'm not any taller" Annie kneels by me bed.

"Really?"

"Yes now what happened to you?"

"I have to take this monthly injection. Im always drained afterwards."

"Oh okay well how about you eat something and go back to sleep" Annie suggests. I weakly nod. Annie spoon feeds me soup and then I go to sleep.