Chapter 9 Sleep

Alena's POV

If you think you know pain your wrong. You haven't known pain till you've been shot in the stomach. Trust me on this.

Darkness that's all I see and pain is all I feel. Suddenly I see a bright light and a man waiting for me. The pain flows away and I look ahead. You know how when people nearly die they see a light and their dead loved ones waiting for them? Well I don't have any dead loved ones. I only have one living loved one no one besides her cares about me.

"Alena dear I'm your guardian angel I've been watching over you for quite some time now but now you have a choice. Join me in heaven or live on earth. With each choice comes a price but also a guardian. Choosing life means you must endure so much pain and your future is unsure. Choosing death means the loss of your earth guardian leaving her lost and broken."

"Why do you care about me?" I demand.

"Because you need people to care for you."

"I choose life I can't loose the one person who cares about me and loves me out of truth and not pity."

"Fair enough goodbye Alena Desera daughter or Dracov."

"Bye" I say and then the darkness returns and so does the pain. Wait Dracov's daughter I guess that's the counts name. But that doesn't matter anymore. Just the pain and my want for light. But for my true guardian I can wait for an eternity. I'm not losing the one person that loves me in this world no way now how.

After awhile I started becoming more aware of what was around me. I heard beeps and occasional footsteps. I smelled disinfectant and medicine. I think I'm in a hospital. Slow footsteps approached and I heard a chair screech meaning whoever it was was staying for awhile.

"Alena it's me Annie. The nurses said you can hear what I'm saying so I have some stuff to tell you. First thing I guess my name isn't Annie it's Natasha and my last name isn't Rushman it's Romanoff. I'm sorry I lied to you I'm super sorry. I'm an agent of SHIELD and I was sent on a mission to infiltrate the count. So I was put in the mansion as your nanny. I'm really sorry Alena I'm so so so sorry. But I need you to know I do love you that wasn't a lie. Ill take care of you I promise Alena I swear as long as I'm around nothing will ever hurt you."

"Miss visiting hours are over"

"Okay I'll go by Alena I'll be back tomorrow." I wanted to open my eyes I wanted to scream and shout. But I couldn't as hard as I tried I couldn't. I heard footsteps and use knew Annie-Natasha was leaving.

"Why is she jerking around like that" An-Natasha asks.

"She's probably trying to communicate but her body doesn't have the energy to."

"Alena calm down rest you'll be able to talk soon okay I'll be back tomorrow." At her command I stopped trying and succumbed to sleep. The pain lessened after a minute so I think the nurse may have given me something for it.

Just as promised Annie/Natasha came the next day and the next she did this for a week. A long painful weak. It wasn't so bad when she came though she read to me, talked to me, and sometimes just sat there holding my hand. Her presence calmed me and when she was around I felt at peace.