Chapter 22 Welcome Back

Alena's POV

"About 30 minutes till the border once across we have to find a phone to contact your mother" Elizabeth says after a few hours.

"Yeah..." I mumble.

"Hey what's wrong with you?"

"What if things are different? What if she forgot about me?"

"I highly doubt that one thing I know for sure in this world is that no one could forget about you." I bite my lip, nod, and nervously twirled a strand of my hair. "But Alena if things are different don't be torn up about it. You've been gone for 2 years she could have another kid for all we know. Just be prepared for big changes okay."

"Okay."

"5 minutes any minute now we'll see the post" E-Lu informs.

"I hope there's a person there with a phone or a pay phone even" I say.

"Stay positive have hope."

"Hope.......hope...I haven't had that in a long time."

"Well now's the time to start hoping again. Never lose hope I never did and now look I'm free. Hope can cause miracles. You just have to hope."

"STOP THE CAR" I screech after a minute. Somethings off somethings wrong. Elizabeth doesn't hesitate she slams the breaks and the car comes to a screeching stop.

"What. The. Hell!!" she punctuated each word.

"Their are no animals up there."

"You made me stop the car for that!!" Elizabeth snaps.

"Yes there's been animals all around this road in the forest for the whole drive. But up there there isn't any. Which means something or someone scared them off" I explain slowly. Elizabeth freezes and pales.

"You think it's them?" she whispers.

"Maybe probably. I don't think they'd let their successful experiments leave that easily."

"But we escaped them for a year" E-Lu argues.

"False sense of security" I say.

"Dammit" Elizabeth whisper yells.

"Think we can take them out?" I ask.

"We have to try" Elizabeth groans and steps out of the car. I follow grabbing our backpack. "We have the advantage here. We can sneak up and you try taking out as many as possible with vines I'll bend the sunlight to blind them." I nod and together we step forward silently.

By the border post there is trucks and men in suits. They look familiar for some reason but I can quite put my finger on it. Elizabeth and I duck behind the post and she nods to me. I peer around the post and close my eyes. When I open them I make vines slowly grow from the forest floor. No suits notice so I keep going. First of have the vine close around their mouth then drag them into the forest. I let air through their noses I'm no killer. Elizabeth's eyes start glowing white and suddenly a bright white light is blinding the suits. Their is lots of yelling and shouting so Elizabeth grabs my hand and drags me through the chaos.

That's when I see it the symbol on the trucks. The reason why all the agents look so familiar. It's SHIELD!!!

"Elizabeth stop it let them see!!" I yell.

"What Alena why!!" she demands.

"It's SHIELD it's my mother's organization!! MY MOTHER'S HERE!!" I screech. The light immediately goes out and all the agents start blinking. Elizabeth looks at me then looks around.

"Really?"

"Yes trust me" I smile and let the agents in the forest free. It takes a moment for the agents to get their bearings but when they do....we have about 30 sets of guns pointed at us.

"Uh oh" I mumble. This sets E-Lu over the edge, her wings go black, and her eyes go red. She's pissed.

"How dare you!!" Elizabeth snarls and runs up to shield me. At the movement the guns begin firing. Instantly I raise my arms and a shield of vines covers Elizabeth and I. E-Lu is covering me with her body and the vines are I've rate both of us.

"ALENA NO!!! YOU'RE ALL DEAD" a very familiar voice threatens.

"Mom?" I lower the vines and look at her. Natasha has changed. Her hair isn't long and curly anymore. It's short and curly. She still has green eyes though. She's wearing the usual skin tight leather SHIELD uniform. Mom gasps and her jaw drops. We both stare for what seems like an eternity. But I don't mind I could stare for a million more eternities.

"I missed you so much Alena" mom runs forward and hugs me.

"I missed you too" I melt into her warm embrace and let a few tears fall.

"I'm so sorry I let you go. I should have been their I should have saved you."

"No it's not your fault. It's no one's fault."

"I'm so glad your back sweetie. Wait are you okay?!?! Are you hurt?!?!?! What happened to you!?!?!" Natasha switched to overprotective mode and started checking me over. As she saw each scar and cut I flinched. "Who did this to you?" she whispers.

"Dracov and some super secret organization. I can't remember the name or the symbol. I think my memories a little crapped up."

"I swear to god if I ever see him again......I'm gonna make his death slow and agonizing." Natasha grit her teeth.

"Well get in line" Elizabeth snorts.

"Wait who's this?"

"This is Elizabeth Lucy she is my best friend. We met in captivity she helped me escape. Actually she's the reason we escaped. Without her I wouldn't be here" I explain.

"Then I thank you. I'm Natasha Romanoff Alenas mother" Natasha shakes E-Lu's hand.

"Now that everyone has met med team please examine them" Nick orders. The medical staff approaches and flashes of the memories enter my mind. Instantly I back up behind Elizabeth. E-Lu glares at them as if daring them to get closer.

"Needles and doctors are an awful idea at the moment for Alena" Elizabeth growls.

"Oh but we need to make sure you guys are okay" Natasha says.

"I need to make sure Alena doesn't have a breakdown" Elizabeth retorts.

"Alena do you have at least one doctor you trust?" Natasha asks.

"Agent Heart" I say slowly. She was my nurse when I was in the infirmity after getting shot. She was nice and we became friends. Agent Heart nods and Elizabeth and I are loaded into a medical truck.