Chapter 17 Keep Going

Alena's POV

Its been 1 month since I got kidnapped and I'm gonna tell you right now life isn't fun.

"How do you keep doing this" I ask E-Lu when I get thrown back in our room after another injection.

"I've learned that you can keep going, long after you think you can't" Elizabeth mumbles. (I got that quote from Sad Quotes by LittleMissNight.) 

"Good because I don't think I can do this anymore" I breath heavily.

"We I thought that after my first month here too and look at me now" E-Lu grumbles.

"We have to get out of here" I whisper.

"There's no way out that bulky guy that brings us places he is super strong and he's not afraid to kill. He has impeccable aim there's no escape trust me I've tried."

"Great" I groan. Thats when the guy himself walks in and grabs E-Lu. Elizabeth doesn't struggle she just goes limp. As the guy is walking her out the lights flicker and Elizabeth's eye seem to light up. I shake my head I must be seeing things.

~1 Month Later~

"They'll come for us right I mean it's been a month! That's plenty of time for SHIELD to find us right?" I ask Lucy but I'm mostly talking to myself.

"Some one will come for you but not for me. What's SHIELD?"

"Its hard toe explain SHIELD and when they come for me they will also come for you. We are friends now and I won't leave you behind."

"Really?"

"Yes really."

~2 Months Later~

"So it's been 2 Months now and no one has come for us" I sigh.

"Alena no one is coming for us ever I'm sorry but that's the truth."

"I know I just....don't want to accept that..... I'm never gonna see Natasha again..........Phil.....Clint......Saber...I'm gonna miss them....even Nick." I can't help but burst into tears. Elizabeth takes one look at me and starts crying too. When she does the lights flicker on and off so do her eyes.

"Why do your eyes do that when the lights flicker?"

"I don't know. Things are starting to happen Alena I'm scared."

"I am too."

~3 1/2 Months Later~

Another day another surgery. Although I'm used to it now. Used to getting cut open not the pain part. Nope I still feel the pain and that sucks. But today is different they are putting me under. I have no idea why though. I'm not thinking a lot about that personally I've stopped caring. All I care about right now is the fact E-Lu hasn't been brought back to the room yet. He took her away a week ago and she hasn't returned. A mask was pressed to my mouth and darkness consumed me.

I awoke to screaming. My head it stung so bad. I put a hand to my forehead and that's when I felt it the stitches and what I didn't feel was my hair. They shaved me and cut my head open!! Another scream pierced the air it sounded like....E-Lu no! I tried to sit it but I was strapped down.

"ELIZABETH" I call out.

"MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT STOP" she screams. I can't see her!! I have to help her!! Finally on pure adrenaline I broke the straps and shot up. E-Lu was on the other side of the room screaming. Doctors were trying to get close but when they did fire would flare up out of the ground. It looked like something was breaking out of Elizabeth's back. I ran forward and when I did no fire touched me.

"E-Lu what's wrong" I shake her arm. At that moment huge white wings broke through the skin of Elizabeth's back. Blood poured from the wings base. Elizabeth stopped screaming and her started crying. The fires died down and we were immediately dragged back to our room. Elizabeth one else in the corner her dark brown hair falling over her face. Her wings hung awkwardly from her back. I took my bed sheet and ripped it up. Then I put the ribbons at the base of her wings.

"Alena did I hurt you?" E-Lu whispers.

"No not a flame touched me" I reply.

"That's good" she sighs. I wipe the sweat from her forehead and usher her to our bed.

"Alena what happened to me?"

"Well I'm mot entirely sure E-Lu."

~Meanwhile~

Natasha sat alone in her daughter's room tears had made their way out of her eyes somehow and they fell quickly. In her hands she was clutching the scrapbook Alena made and had it opened to the drawing Alena made of the two of them. Saber was sulking on the bed and had been since the day Alena was taken. The cat was force fed by Clint and Natasha. They cleaned her room everyday so it would be ready for when Alena came back. Alena.......there was so much she had to tell her. She had to tell her what the words on her arm meant, how to judge boyfriends from the boys you friend zone, and she didn't even tell her about her mark. Alena deserved to know about her past and her mark but Natasha never told her. That was something Natasha sorely regretted.

~5 Months Later~

So as it turns out Elizabeth can fly, control fire, bend light, and weird stuff is starting to happen to me too. I'm barely ever hungry, my cuts and bruises heal in a day, and for some reason I have the itch to garden? E-Lu assures me it's nothing but I'm starting to worry.

The guy burst in again but instead if taking one of us he put a small Venus fly trap in the ground and left. I crawled forward and examined it. It looked droopy it needed water and a fly. I went to the sink turned it on and couldn't hands. Then I put the water on the Venus fly trap. Sadly I didn't have any bugs. But I felt like if I touched it it would look better again. So I did and the fly trap instantly perked up. Horrified I yank my hand away and back away from the plant. That can't be normal. Gosh whats happening to us!!?!?!