Chapter 18 Powers

Alena's POV

~8 Months spent in captivity~

"Control the plants make something happen" a voice ordered over a speaker. I was thrown in a room with a few plants and one little weird squirrel.

"That's vague what if I just kick a plant over that's making something happen right?" Instantly loud thunder filled the room and I got shocked harshly in the leg.

"Okay okay I'll do something with my powers alright just make it stop" I plead. The thunder stops so I wall over to a potted plant and sit down. Then I carefully touch the plant and a vine curls around my finger. "I don't know how to make anything more happen."

"Concentrate make a vine grow longer or make the plant taller."

I nod and close my eyes. I sit there and concentrate very hardly then I open my eyes. I hear a few gasps but I ignore them. Then I imagine a large fine sprouting from the plant and growing up to the speaker. It happens so I make the plant crush the speaker.

"Happy now?"

"No do something interesting with the animal."

"......weirdos" this causes a loud boom of thunder to come through a different speaker. I flinch and walk towards the squirrel. "Come here little buddy I won't hurt you."

"Yeah right" the squirrel snorts. I jump and back away. I can hear the squirrel it's talking!!

"What did it say?"

"Yeah right" I reply.

"Good good now transform it."

"I'll try no promises" I mutter and close my eyes to get focused. Then I open my eyes and hold my hands out imaging the squirrel turning into a cat. Slowly but surely the squirrel grows and changes into a cat. "Oh my god." 

~10 Months in captivity~

"E-Lu have they experimented on you in awhile?"

"No I think they're done. Now I just demonstrate my powers."

"Oh they are still experimenting in me."

"Yeah well that's pretty normal for them." Luckily they've been giving me sedative but sadly it's because they keep cutting my brain open and shaving my head. I'm completely bald and it isn't fun. Suddenly out of nowhere Elizabeth doubles over clutching her leg.

"E-Lu what's wrong?" I ask kneeling by her.

"Nothing I'm just getting a new swirl it always hurts" E-Lu pants. Then a new blue swirl wraps around her knee and she lets out a breath.

"Oh well whenever I get a new bolt it hurts too I understand."

"I don't even know why it happens" Elizabeth says.

"Me either."

~1 year and 1 1/2 months in Captivity~

It was a normal day for me it started with Elizabeth being taken and food thrown at my face. So yeah totally normal. Thats when I heard a huge crash, a lot of shouting, followed by a furious scream. I walked up to the barred door and peer through. I gaps and choke at the sight down the hall. It's Elizabeth but it's not. Her wings have turned black and her eyes are red. She is fighting several doctors and manages to defeat them. They're sedatives useless against this new form of her. The soldier runs up but she kicks him away and makes for sprout at his feet. Then she turns and runs to me. I back away from the door when she punches it in.

"Come one let's go" Elizabeth grabs my hand and drags me through the hall.

"Are we escaping?"

"Yes we are" E-Lu looks back as we're running and I see the soldier chasing after us. So I reach my hand out and cause the houseplant near us to sprout up and make a wall stopping him. I hear a shot and then feel a shot. It went straight through a spot just above my left hip. I cried out but kept running. I could tend it later. I'm not in imminent danger of bleeding out. "Alena make you plants pop that manhole off." I nod and direct a vine to the manhole. It pops off and Elizabeth grabs hold of me tightly. "Hang on" she warns and then she flys right through the hole. We both shutout eyes not used to the brightness of the sun but that doesn't stop E-Lu no we keep going. All I can think is I'm free we're free!!