Chapter 5 Needles

Alena's POV

Life has been really boring now it's been 5 weeks since Annie came. 5 whole weeks crazy right? In 5 weeks she has completely transformed my life and it's been for the better. I'm happy now. I guess I just needed someone that cared about me in my life. I would be with her right now but she's on weekend break. It's been exactly 1 hour and 2 minute since she left. I'm counting because I can't possibly wait for her to return. The goodbye was just painful.

*Flashback*

"Annie what are you doing?" I ask her when i walk into her room and find her packing.

"Honey I have to go for a few days but ill come back I promise" Annie kneels down to my height.

"Why are you leaving me" I ask tears coming to my eyes.

"I'm not leaving you forever just the weekend okay?"

"Okay" I sniffle.

"Please smile" Annie begs. I crack a half smile."There we go there's that smile I love you and I'll be back before you know it."

*Present*

Maid 1 is being especially annoying acting like she cares. She just wants a raise. I know this because whenever sir is around she is always extra attentive. Speaking of sir and ma'am they talked to me today when Annie left. They said hi asked how I was then said bye. It was the longest conversation I've ever had with the both of them!!!! It was thrilling!!!

"Alena it's time for your monthly shot" maid 2 came in with a huge syringe. Oh right every month I get his injection. I don't know why but it makes me really sick. I hate it it hurts so bad. But I dare not disobey.

"Okay" I sigh and hold out my arm. Maid two doesn't hesitate she stabs the needle right in. I whimpered but I've managed to desert my inner instinct to pull away. I've learned the hard way that's not smart. The injection takes effect in an instant and I start to feel drained and woozy. I slump over and maid 1 places me in my bed and tucks me in. I manage to keep conscious and stare at the ceiling. If Annie was here she wouldn't have let them do that. She would have protected me. She should have protected me. She should have been here. Why isn't she here? I cried myself to a fogged sleep.

I had no dreams that's night only nightmares. Nightmares about Annie leaving me and worse.