54

"New level!" Jake yell from the backseat of the car as I drive him to his father. I look at him in the rearview mirror and shake my head. I reach the gate and go through the process of entering my information so the gate can open. After I start driving for the other mile. After about five minutes, I reach the house. 

Jake quickly gets out of the car and runs to the door ringing the doorbell. I get out of the car and walk to the door. The door opens after a while showing Juan. Jake greets him and runs into the house. "What is he doing here?" Juan asks. 

"I have to go somewhere," I answer him. He moves his eyes looking at my body. 

"Dressed like that?" He asks. I look down at my dress, there was nothing wrong with it. I am wearing a red pencil dress with knee-high boots since it is still cold here. I also have a long jacket to match it. He closes his door and comes to the balcony, I follow him and stand next to him. "I want to meet him," he says. I shake my head no, he has been asking me to meet Luke for some time now. 

"You had the chance and you almost punched him," I say remembering of that moment at the house.

"What?" He asked, "he can't take a punch?" He asks, "if you're going white at least pick someone who can take a punch and throw a few ones," he says shrugging his shoulders. 

"That's none of your business," I tell him. 

"It is," he says. "You sound like you're serious about this guy and I want to meet the person my son will be spending time," he says. I huff, I cannot believe he is using that excuse to get me to agree to this. I don't know why he wanted to meet Luke so bad and I don't trust him. He is always doing something sneaky. 

"Fine," I say giving in. "I'll talk to Luke and you better not try anything," I warn him putting my index finger up to his face. He chuckles and stares at me for a while. "Bye, I'll come get Jake in the morning," I say. 

"Yes," he says. I start walking but I hear him talk again. "You look really sexy in that dress, sweetheart," he says eying my outfit. "Go get yourself that white dick!" He yells. All the guards in the yard turn and look at me. He wanted to embarrass me, I can't believe him. He is so childish sometimes. 

"Fuck you, Juan!" I yell back giving him my middle finger. 

"Give me a time and a place!" I roll my eyes at him. I am not able to come with a comeback so I just walk to my car to go to Luke's apartment. It takes me about thirty minutes to reach there. When I get to his apartment building, I take the elevator up. He still lives in an apartment with those weird elevators, I like old things, he says when I question him about it. I don't trust the elevator, I don't think the building is up to code, I shake my head to stop talking about this. 

I reach his door and sigh before knocking, I wait a while before he answers the door. He is on the phone, he stares at me and opens the door wider for me to come in. He continues to talk on the phone, "I have to go," he says hanging up the phone. He freezes for a moment staring at his phone, he then puts it in his pocket and gives me a smile. "Hey," he gives me a hug. 

"Hi," I say back with a smile. "Who was on the phone?" I question. It is probably none of my business, however, if we are dating we have to be honest and open about things. I take a seat on the sofa in the living room putting my feet up because I am so tired. 

"Just my mom," he replies as if she isn't someone important. He has avoided talking about his mom for a while. He hasn't been answering her calls, I know because he actually hangs up and sends it straight to voicemail. I've seen the text messages she has sent and he has been ignoring repeatedly. He comes up behind me and leans on the sofa. He puts his head on my shoulders gently, "what do you want to do?" He asks in my ear.

His voice sends tingles down my body, "glad to see you're speaking to your mom again," I tell him. He is trying to avoid talking about his mom, he pulls away from me and sighs. "Luke," I call him. "You have to talk to her eventually, she is your mom," I tell him. 

"You're gonna use that excuse?" He asks me. "Look," he pauses, "are you going to spend the whole time lecturing me about my mom?" He questions. I don't answer him, "if you are, the door's right there," he points to the exit. I stare at the door, I couldn't believe he said that. Part of me want to grab my bag and leave, but I miss him. I haven't seen him in what seems like forever, it wasn't my intention to get him angry. 

"I don't want to lecture you," I tell him. "You're not a kid and you didn't do anything wrong. I just wish you would trust me enough to tell me what's going on," I shrug my shoulders. 

"I don't know what more you want me to tell you. I'm petty," he chuckles. "I am mad at my mother and I won't talk to her until she does what I want," I chuckle. He really does some petty. "Happy now?" He asks me. 

"No," I answer him. "But I'll let it slide for now," he shakes his head and kisses my lips. He takes a seat beside me, he pulls me towards him and starts kissing me. I am still wearing my jacket and he takes it out leaving me on with my dress. "We're going to skip to the adult stuff?" I ask him between kisses. He laughs and pulls away.

"Pick a movie," he tells me getting up from the sofa. I watch as he disappears into the kitchen. I reach for the remote on the coffee table and scroll through his television to find a movie. I can't find a movie, but the show Friends is playing so I leave the channel on it. 

"Luke!" I call him from the kitchen remembering something. "Juan wants to meet you. You're fine with that right?" I ask him, I don't wait for an answer. "Okay thanks, I'll set up a date," I smile. 

"Never agreed," he says coming out of the kitchen. "I did meet him and I remember it did not go so well. Why does he want to meet me?" He asks taking a seat beside me. 

"He just wants to approve of you," I tell him. "Make sure you're cool about Jake," I tell him to see if he would understand. 

"He is married to a woman you hate, I'm sure you did not approve of her, " I nod my head. I never did approve of Gloria. She is a nice woman, I could see myself liking her if she hadn't gotten Juan. Really childish if you ask me, but it is the hard truth. 

"I didn't, but I do trust her around Jake. I know she treats Jake like he was her own, she loves him and Jake loves her."

"And you know I love Jake. I would never do anything to harm him, why don't you tell Juan that yourself?" He asks me. 

"Because he wants to see for himself. Just please come," I put my two hands together and pout my lips. He looks down with a frown, I flash my eyelashes waiting for an answer. "You can't resist a cutie like me," I tell him. 

He huffs, "only because I love you," he kisses my cheeks. I smile and mouth him a thank you. "Just make sure he stays chill or I will punch him this time," he gets up again. 

"He'll be chill," I tell Luke. Juan would be anything but chill.