21

I am awakened by the sound of laughter coming from downstairs, I groan, I hate living with men. Can't they keep their voice down, I grab my phone looking at the time. It's only nine a.m. I toss my blanket off me and enter my bathroom. I stare at myself in the mirror, I feel so tired.

I brush my teeth and take all my clothes off. After I hop in the shower, I put the water on cold so it can wake me up some more. After about twenty minutes of basically letting the water run on my body, I get out of the shower and walk in my closet. I put on undergarments, deodorant, lotion, and some shorts and a tank top on. 

I put my hair up in a messy bun and make my way down the stairs. "I kiss her and she stares at me like she wants to kill me or something. You know what she does next?" Christopher asks. I stand at the kitchen frame hearing him tell Luke and Jake the story of the first time he had sex. I know it's that story because I've heard it too much.

"Kill you?" Jake asks in a duh tone. 

"Nope, she kisses me," Christopher answers.

"Then what happened?" Luke asks. 

"Man, a lot happened that I'd rather not say," I sigh. At least he's not going to tell the full story in front of Jake and why the heck are they talking about sex and girls anyways. "But I'll try to cut you in," he adds.

"No," I say this time. All their eyes turn staring at me at the door. "Toph, I think they'd rather not hear the full story," I tell Christopher giving him a death glare. 

"Good morning mom," Jake says a smile on his face.

"Good morning," I say back. I smile at Luke and go sit next to Christopher, "he's ten," I whisper to Christopher.

"And I knew about sex when I was six, what's your point?" He whispers back. I huff at him.

"He knows about sex, the point is not to describe it for him," I whisper back. 

"I guess he'll have to learn through porn," he says. He gets up and gets a cup setting it in from of me. He pours me some coffee, "you're being crazy, drink," he says. He comes back and takes a seat next to me. "I'm sorry," he says. "But we both know, he'll be having sex," he whispers.

"Not when he's ten," I say. 

"Give him five more years tops," I roll my eyes.

"I don't even know why we're arguing about this," I say. I take a sip of my coffee and ignore him. I look at Luke who happens to be sitting across from me, I smile at him and he smiles back. "What's the agenda for today?" I asked everyone still staring at Luke.

"Sleep," Christopher replies quickly.

"I'm trying to reach a new level on my video game," Jake answers

"I can help with that," Christopher says, "the key is-" he starts.

"Why don't we all get out of the house?" I ask them. 

"Nah," Toph answers.

"No thank you," Jake says. 

They've all been spending too much time inside the house. They need to go out and have some fun. "You know what?" I ask. They all turn looking at me, "we are all going to the movies and then we are going to grab a bite together," I say getting up from my seat.

"But mom," Jake starts.

"Nope, we need to get out of the house. Especially you Jake," I say. 

"Fine, can Luke come?" Jake asks.

"Yes, it's up to Luke," I tell him staring at Luke. 

"Please Luke," Jake says with a puppy dog face.