Chapter 1: nothing's wrong!

A/N So this is what you have been waiting for! So I hope you like it! If you have any ideas or comments either comment or private message me. If you like the way it's going, you can show it (if you want to) by voting!
I hope you enjoy this story!
Also this is set 6 mouths after Descendants 2 and doesn't relate to any of my other Descendants books.

Also, isn't anyone else excited that descendants 3 has started filming?

Mal's POV
I sighed as I sat at my desk, tapping my pencil.
"Mal, can you please stop doing that?" Evie asked.
I stopped and rolled my eyes.
We still have to do goodness 101 even though we saved Auradon twice?
It's like they don't trust us still.
And Auradon is kinda don't like me because I misplaced my mother.
I took her to the Isle and I have no idea where she is.
I hope she doesn't do anything bad.
To the Isle or Auradon.

"Mal"
I snapped out of my thoughts and saw Fairy Godmother staring at me in front of my desk.
"Are you okay dear?" She asked.
I nodded.
"Just...lost in thought" I said, looking out the window to see people in the courtyard.
"See me after class okay dear, you've been like this the last mouth" Fairy Godmother said and walked off.
"Yet I still get perfect marks" I muttered.
"If you do then explain the soulmates situation and an example" Fairy Godmother said, crossing her arms.
I sighed annoyed.
"Soulmates are two parts of one soul which are separated. If they haven't found each other, they can communicate by writing messages on their skin to appear on their soulmates, however, they cannot write their name. An example is King Ben and myself" I snapped.
Evie looked at me with worry as Fairy Godmother rolled her eyes
I looked back onto the blank page of my book.
I miss the Isle.
I miss the fun and mishap I made.
But my friends have moved on, I haven't.
I wish I was allowed to go there without Ben worrying about me or Auradon questioning my loyalty.
"MAL!"
I jumped, almost falling out my chair.
"A lady of the court never loses concentration" Fairy Godmother said.
I stood up.
"I need to clear my head" I said and grabbed my bag and walked out of the classroom.

~~~~

I sighed as I looked over the enchanted lake.
"Mal, I'm worried about you" Evie's voice echoed in my head "Even Audrey is, and she doesn't even like you that much!"
I looked into my reflection to see a purple haired girl wearing a short off-the-shoulder purple dress.
Is this how my life is going to be?
I felt something write on my arm, making me smile.
I looked on my forearm and saw a message.
'Where are you? You have everyone worried'
I frowned as his  fancy writing sinks in.
I grabbed a purple pen from my bag and wrote.
'I'm fine, I'm just getting away from everything'
No longer than a minute later I saw a reply forming on my arm.
'Mal..you've been doing that a lot lately; what's wrong?'

I didn't reply.
I just miss home.
My old home.
I actually miss Uma, Gil and Harry.
Even though they tried to kill me.
They only wanted what's best for the Isle.
And no one else understands that.
"Mal"
I turned around to see Ben.
"Shouldn't you be doing work?" I asked as he sat down next to me.
"You're more important" he said "And I knew exactly where you would be"
I smiled.
"You know me too well" I replied.
"Mal" he said sternly.
"I miss the Isle okay?" I exclaimed.
"No one is stopping you from vis-"
"Ben, Auradon already hates me from letting my mother go and if I go to the Isle, a lot of people will ask questions!" I yelled.
Ben put his hand on my shoulder.
"Mal" he whispered "Don't think like that"
"It's hard not to" I whispered.
He hugged me.
"We're in this together" he said and then smirked "We could go there for a date"
I laughed at his joke.
Until I realised it wasn't a joke as I went out of the hug.
"Are you serious?" I asked.
"I am, I've been waiting forever to put my Isle clothes back on" he said and then smirked "You look sexy in your isle clothes"
I blushed.
"Ben" I said, laughing "Only if your parents and the council are okay with it"
"But-"
I put my hand on top of his.
"If we go without anyone knowing, they will ask questions...if we at the most get permission from your parents then we can go...I would have to protect you Auradon boy" I said.
"I defeated Harry" Ben said proudly.
I chuckled.
"And that you did" I said, standing up "Come on"

~~~~~~~~

"YOU WANT TO WHAT?"
"Adam, calm down" Belle said "There will be a good explanation to this"
They both looked Ben and I, holding hands.
"I wanted to take Mal on a date there" Ben said "She's been feeling homesick and I think it would be a good-"
"Good idea?" Adam said "You could get hurt!"
"I can protect him" I said "I know the Isle like the back of my hand it's only been 6 mouths sinc-"
"Last time he went, he was captured!" Adam said "I will not allow it!"
"Adam-"
"And thats my final word!" He said and stormed out the room.
"Mother" Ben said "Please"
"I agree with your father" she said,making me frown "But I have also noticed Mal's change in attitude recently so you can go"
"Really?" Ben asked, letting go of my hand and hugging Belle "Thank you!"
"Thank you Belle" I said, bowing.
"I thought I told you not to bow Lady Mal" Belle said as I came up.
"I thought I told you not to call me Lady Mal" I answered back.
She laughed.
"Go, but stay safe" Belle said "If you're not back by tomorrow night, I'm sending people to get you and I can't say that you would be able to go back there"
Ben and I nodded.
"Thank you again" Ben said.
"Now go, it's almost midday" Belle said.
I laughed and ran out the room with Ben, laughing.