"What's your power?" Percy asked. "It's a common theme. The people who've been having strange visions have also woken up with strange powers."

"I don't have one," I shrugged. Percy shrugged as well.

"You're strong enough without one. People like me need an ability to make up for the fact that we lack much skill."

I stifled a laugh. Percy smirked.

"The only thing I woke up with this week was a sudden diagnosis of ADHD and Dyslexia, as well as a grey streak in my hair. A friend covered it up for me." I summarized. Percy gasped.

"You too? No way!" He pushed back his hair. Underneath was a long grey streak, much like mine. Percy's hair was just messy enough to conceal it.

"What other surprises have you discovered?" I asked.

"Let's see. I've got a grey streak, a tattoo, oh! I can also control water."

I didn't do as well at containing this laugh.

"You can control water? I'd like to see how you reacted to that." I laughed.

"Mostly denial, along with a bit of an existential crisis. Besides that, I was relatively accepting of the ability." Percy explained.

"What about you? What surprises have greeted you this week?" He asked. He seemed genuinely interested. That was strange to me since I'd always seen Percy as being rather self-centered.

"Grey hair, strange visions, apparently I've been stabbed in the back with a dagger before, and I have broken my ankle before." I summarized. I guess my week hadn't been as interesting as Percy's.

"You know, there's actually a reason I brought you here. When I was brought here earlier today, we looked at our boggarts and peered into the mirror of erised. The others and I discovered that our fears and desires weren't our own." He explained.

"Let me stop you right there, I'm not looking at my boggart again." I thought back to defense against the dark arts today. The little girl, Thalia, who had told me that whatever happened to her was my fault. The spider-woman with whom I'd had a not-so-pleasant encounter. Lastly, the boy who Percy had seen in his boggart as well, Luke. Just the thought of his golden eyes made me shudder.

"Have you looked into the mirror, though?" Percy asked.

"No," I admitted. "My group hadn't thought of doing something like that."

Percy pointed to the corner of the room. As he did so, the mirror appeared. He smiled, pleased with himself.

"This room makes me feel magical." He said.

"Percy," I reminded him. "You're a wizard."

He laughed at the wand in his hand, like he had forgotten it was there.

"True."

We walked over to the mirror cautiously. I don't know why Percy seemed so hesitant to approach it. I was only following his lead.

"What did you see in the mirror?" I asked. His face reddened.

"Something that would only happen in a different life." He said.

"That's a rather vague answer for you." I pointed out. He narrowed his eyes.

"Just look into the mirror. Your answer might just surprise you!"

"Fine," I sighed. I sat in front of the mirror and looked into its reflection. At first, all I could see was Percy and I staring back into it. Percy looked nervous. At second glance, the reflection changed.