"Yep. Annabeth, that's how I knew you've broken your ankle before."

It made sense now.

"What else do you know about me?" She asked. She crossed her arms, suddenly interested.

Will shrugged.

"I know you've both sprained and broken your ankle. You've been quite literally stabbed in the back at one point. Oh! Also, you have dyslexia...or ADHD, or both."

Annabeth and I stared at Will with wide eyes.

"Lately, I've been feeling distracted. I've had trouble focusing. It actually happened around the time I started getting visions." Annabeth forced a laugh. "No fair, you two get powers and I get dyslexia and ADHD."

I patted her on the shoulder.

"You're good at plenty of things. You don't need a power!" I exclaimed.

"Relax, guys. I don't need a pity power. I don't need a power, it doesn't seem right for me to have one." She pushed her hair out of her face. I stared at her, concerned. I noticed something about my friend in that moment that I had never seen before. On her head, she had a good sized chunk of grey hair. At first I thought it could have just been the lighting, then I noticed Will was staring too.

"What?" Annabeth asked.

"Can you diagnose that?" I asked Will. He shook his head in confusion.

"No."

We stared at her without an explanation.

"What, is there something in my hair, a bug? God, if it's a spider please get it out!" She pleaded. She froze, petrified.

"Tell me Annabeth, just how stressed about all of this have you been lately?" Will asked.

She shrugged.

"I mean, it's all a bit overwhelming. I haven't let it bury me alive. It's whatever." She admitted. "Why do you ask? Can you just tell me whatever it is that's in my hair isn't a spider?"

We both continued to stare at her head.

"Your hair is greying. How long has it been like this?" Will asked.

Annabeth sighed, relieved.

"Okay, it isn't a spider." She sat up and examined her hair. "Huh, you're right. I apparently have the super power of looking like a grandmother. Great."

She was freaking out a lot less than Will and I.

"Guys, it's great that you're concerned and all, but greying hair is the least of our concerns." She sighed. "But Hazel, if you want to fix this then do your magic."

Now, all eyes were off of Annabeth and on me. I had never done my magic in front of Will before. Strangely, I felt nervous. He had such high standards and expectations. He was a particularly high-strung person. If my power was any less than he thought it to be, he might have a meltdown. I didn't doubt it.

"Alright, uh..." I extended my arm towards Annabeth's hair.

It's not grey, I insisted. It was never grey. It's blonde. Big, curly, and blonde as it's always been. The more I thought about it, the more believable it became. I ran her hair through my fingers, telling myself that there was nothing grey about it. Once I stopped thinking about it, I let my hand drop. Her hair was the same as it had ever been. Big, blonde, and curly, not a speck of grey to be seen.

"Wow. It's like you have a magical cloaking device of come sort! You trick minds into not seeing things that are right there. Do you reckon you can trick people into seeing things that are there?" Will pondered. It was a valid question, which I hadn't yet tested.