Target 13: It's Too Late

Dedicated to: seouluka. New Reader! KEKEKEKEKEKE! Thanks for the vote!

Third Person

Different emotions stir inside Jiyong when Youngbae and Dara stated how much they love each other. He felt betrayed; forlorn like a lone wolf in the dark. He should have told her how much he loves her now that it is too late. Regrets. Yes, that is what this was called. Regrets that should have been prevented; should have been eliminated. But it is too late to say even how he loves her; it is too late. 

"You two are together again?"

His voice came out as if he was happy for them; a perfect lie if we categorize. Jiyong knows himself very well, and if there is one thing, he could describe himself when he had said that, liar. He is not really happy for them, neither glad. Jiyong had known Youngbae too well and he knows that his 'I love you' was true. That it was the truth of what he feels for Dara. But what could be the meaning of this? Jiyong thought that this couple in front of him treats each other like friends, or if more than that, it could be lesser than romance. But today, he realized he was dumb. To fall for such underhanded tricks, and to fall for Dara, who himself knew was meant only for Youngbae. His only.

Jiyong gives his best smile to them. Cheers for the couple, but what about me? "Congratulations, I'm glad I became a part of your reconciliation."

He tried to make it like a simple, "How are you?", but his feelings betrayed. He knew himself too well, and he knows he will break down any minute from now. So, Jiyong thinks he should excuse himself before he could even bawl in front of the newly reconciled couple. He does not want them to see how sad he was truly in their affair. "Ah, excuse me. I have...to go!" 

Youngbae abruptly stands up from his seat, his mouth agape because of Jiyong's presence and before he could even say a word, Jiyong stormed out of the shop. He covers his eyes using his left arm, ignoring every person who curses him once he bumped them and runs faster, arriving at Teddy's car, much to the astonishment of the latter.

"Ah, Jiyong! Did you buy...” Teddy stops; his hand outstretched halfway and continues, "Jiyong, did something happened?"

Jiyong did not answer, but instead removes his arm from his eyes and collapses, his eyes half-lidded with sadness. Luckily, Teddy catches him in time before he even slumps to the floor, and Jiyong bawls, punching Teddy's chest. Teddy clasps on him tighter, his lips pressed together as he resists whining, and because of his annoyance, he put his full grasp on both of Jiyong's arms, holding him in place.

"WILL YOU STOP BAWLING AND TELL ME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?!?!" Teddy cannot help but shout, stopping Jiyong from crying and he helps him up, Jiyong's cries muffling. Jiyong gulps, now in the state of hiccups and mumbles, "It...hurts."

Teddy, as if he knows what really happened after Jiyong said those words, leads Jiyong to his car, his right arm wrapped around Jiyong's waist while Jiyong's other arm is on his shoulders. Teddy helps him get in the shotgun seat and Jiyong quickly covers his face, his tears strolling uncontrollably as Teddy close the door for him. Then from behind, Youngbae exclaims, his breathing still shallow when he spoke, completely stopping Teddy from going to the other side. "Appa! Please...Jiyong got the wrong idea!"

He takes a deep breath before whispering, but is enough for Youngbae to hear, though is not enough for Jiyong to hear. "I'll text you later, Youngbae." Then, Teddy walks toward the driver's seat, gets inside and starts the engine, just in time for Dara to arrive, still grasping for breath. The car drives off, much to Dara's surprise and without even having a proper rest; she chases it, shouting for Teddy to hear. "Stop the car! Appa! Stop the car!"