Target 27 [Part 2]: Best Friend On Doubt

Dedicated to: SadistBlackJack.

First Comment=Dedication

Best Comment=Dedication

Dara's P.O.V

"You're his girlfriend?"

There was a moment of dread, and all I could think of was, Run Dara! Run!

But my bottom stayed on the bench, and with a shaky voice, I said, "Wooyoung, what are you doing here?"

"Oh, someone sent me a letter to take pictures here. Maybe my manager or the director,” Wooyoung chuckled, rubbing his nape. “There was a red seal on it. He said, the pictures would be used to create our family photo album, because I just forgot to take pictures during our last visit and if you’ll find a couple, that would be better. Then he tossed me a key to Lotte World." He said, and suddenly, Jiyong became alert. "What about you both?"

"Dating, obviously." Jiyong was the one who answered, turning his face back to poker face, and maybe because of embarrassment, I straightened myself up, fixing my position. Instinctively, I placed both of my palms on my legs, and focused my gaze instead on Jiyong’s hand on my own. He had sneaked it up just a second ago before I looked.

Wooyoung creased his eyebrow, and his eyes glint in hunger for information. He puckered his lips, and shook it while whistling a tune created by him inwardly. "I think I have the dots almost completely crossed, but I… have to talk to my friend first. May I, Mr. Kwon?" His eyes were magnified under his big glasses, and I immediately knew he’s doing something for his own comeback. Wooyoung is being unconscious of himself when he’s working on a new album.

I turned to Jiyong, my eyes pleading that he shouldn't let Wooyoung talk to me, because first of all I am scared. Very scared. Wooyoung had known me better than the others, maybe even better than Jiyong, because we have known each other for two years already. If there's something wrong with me, he'll know and notice it right away. Just one look and I'll be figured out. I could already feel Wooyoung's gaze digging right through me, so I diverted my eyes and looked instead at Jiyong. He looks like he had tasted something bitter.

But denying Wooyoung's plead would've meant he's too overprotective of me, and also would've meant he's still taking Wooyoung as a competitor. So undoubtedly, Jiyong replied, "Sure." without batting his eyelids.

I stood up, almost suddenly that I almost stumble forward, and followed Wooyoung into a narrow alley, leading to a cafeteria-like place. Tables and chairs were all around with several food booths surrounding them, but unlike the cafeteria, this place is clean. He settled down on the nearest table, placing his things on top of the table, and I sat across from him.

Wooyoung sighed, audibly and then, looked at me. He smiled, maybe to lessen the tension and began to rummage through his things as he said, "Dara, tell me, are you suffering into a highly conclusive part of  your life where you're trapped in your parents' decision into being a half of a drunk, repulsive and completely unreliable idiot unlike Kwon Jiyong and you can't just let yourself take part of your parents' decision because you don't love this idiot as much you love the other idiot, which is Kwon Jiyong I presume, that would eventually lead you to certain circumstances such as media confrontation, and at worst, rumorization."
"Rumorization? And what are you trying to convey?" I suddenly asked, because I didn't really caught what he said. It was like an encyclopedia-type of meaning.

"I am making up words and suffering from some book illness. My brain just can't seem to secrete uncomplicated sentences recently. Anyway, I'm suspecting that you're highly involved into an arranged marriage."  He stopped himself before his sentence gets complex. Groaning, he said, “Just…Don’t lie to me."

My lips were set into a firm straight line, and I rub it against each other to lessen my nervousness. I parted my lips to say something but, alas, no words come out.

"You know," Wooyoung started. "I could help."

"I know, Wooyoung. I'm just... troubled." I skim my thumb over my eyebrows. "And I remember my mother's words back then. She'll neglect me, and deny that I'm her daughter." I looked at him. "I'm scared to lose my family."

He looked around, checking if someone is looking and then, reached for my hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. "If I were you, I would also be scared. It's just normal. Blood before anything."

I looked down, and Wooyoung had to lift my chin up using the hand he used to hold my hand so that he could look at me in the eyes. My tears had already gathered at my eyes, and I had to grit my teeth to hold it in.

"But Dara, you have to tell Jiyong this. He has the every right to know." He said. I slapped his hand away, and wiped my chin.

"You don't know how hard it is for me to tell him! What if Jiyong decided to kidnap me so the marriage won't start or what if he'll commit suicide?" I snapped. "Do you think it isn't hard for me to imagine him die because I'm selfish enough to let him know that I'm getting married to someone I don't even know?"

"That's not being selfish Dara, you're selfless in that part!" He intrigued.

"I am not!" I contradicted, shouting, standing up from my seat and slapped the table. "Telling him I'm getting married to somebody is like telling Jiyong, Go die!"

"Would you let me speak my part first?!" He shouted, and I quickly stopped intriguing him, pressing my lips together.

I grabbed his collar, careful to tighten my hold and it might suffocate him, sobbing, my tears flowing down my cheeks like river flows. "It won't make me selfless, Wooyoung. It won't, ever. I will commit murder. It'll be murder. Murder is being selfish."

In a slow motion, he stood up and wrapped his arms around me, the hollow of his neck cradling my head. "Ssh," He softly said, "Okay, I won't push you with this, but I won't promise that I won't tell him when it's already the day. I want to save you Dara. Jiyong is the only way to do that."

I nodded, sniffing. "Please do, help me."

"Of course," Wooyoung replied, kissing my ear. "Of course."

"Please delete the picture." I murmured, closing my eyes.

Wooyoung sighed. "I will."

We both waited for me to calm down first and to be ready, before we went back to Jiyong. Upon arriving at the front of the horror house, Jiyong was talking to someone over the phone--a conversation that involved too much hand movements and shouting. At the end, Jiyong tossed his phone to the garbage can out of frustration. I am not joking on that part.

I was the one who picked it up. Wooyoung sneered behind me, and loudly said, "GD, you make your girlfriend pick up your trash for you?"

I felt Jiyong glare at Wooyoung as the latter only laughs. "Don't interfere, idiot." Well, I'm amazed by Wooyoung's boldness.

I rubbed the phone to my jeans, cleaning it up and gave it back to Jiyong. With an irritated sigh, he grabbed my wrist, twisted my arm, made me drop the phone on his hand, pulled my hand up and kissed my knuckle. I didn't blush, which I don't know why and move my head to the right in confusion.

"She's not giddy with it, GD. Why not try something...more intimate." Wooyoung teased, chuckling and a flash quickly followed.

"Wooyoung!" I snapped, sharply turning my head at him. "You're not helping!"

"Am I helping?" He pointed at himself, his eyes wide enough for a train to fit in. "With what? Your relationship?" He clapped his hand together with a big grin. "Okay, well, get more intimate. Kiss, hug, make out?" He hugged himself and made smooching sounds.

I wore out my left shoe, and threw it to Wooyoung. It only hit his chest, which is unfortunate because my shoe bounced off as if his chest was made out of rubber. Nevertheless, I glared at Wooyoung, my voice stern and warning when I mentioned his name. "Wooyoung."

He raised his hands in surrender, with a large grin plastered up on his face. "Okay, I stop. But can I at least comment on you two?"

Jiyong shrugged, amazingly amused when he said, "To compliment us, sure why not?"

"No, actually, I was thinking that you two don't look like as much as a couple." He paused for a moment to let us contradict him, but we didn't and instead, I felt Jiyong frown beside me. "You look like best friends, or very special friends in my point of view. Why not hold hands? Don't often fight. Console quickly. Learn to be sweet--romantic, even. And maybe, you'll find no flaw in the relationship." Wooyoung ended, smiling, and showed us the screen of his camera. It was showing a grid with pictures of Jiyong and I--him carrying me, us fighting over at the entrance, the horror house encounter, the talk at  the wooden bench and the rollercoaster ride where I smiled at him amidst of my tears with Jiyong as the only one who's looking at the camera.

Without looking at the screen, he clicked a button and a film slipped out from the bottom of the camera. He shook the photo, while his other hand worked on the camera, deleting the picture. Wooyoung went up to us, gave me the picture and said, "Your secret is safe with me, and since Dara has been honest with my questions," He smiled, but I felt that he was pertaining to my secret rather than our relationship. "I'm going to admit that since I arrived here in Lotte World, I've been stalking you both. I hope the picture will serve as a souvenir."

I looked at the photo, thinking this would be a great souvenir for me. Just for me. I just hope that my future husband won't check my wallet, and if he didn't, this'll be all right.

"Thanks, Woo." I muttered, carelessly smiling.

"Nice meeting you, GD. You're rather stern today... and snappy." Wooyoung slightly tilted his head to the side. "But, I do hope you both last 'till the wedding bells ring."

I quickly blush, and Jiyong thanked Wooyoung as they shake hands. My boyfriend is now at high spirits with what Wooyoung said, as if he didn't frown and became mad when Wooyoung gave him insults.

"You have a great opinion there, bro." Jiyong grinned, and using his other hand, his free hand, he pulled me close to him. "I'm inviting you as our best man."

Wooyoung eyed me for a moment, and I avoided his gaze as much as possible as Jiyong continued, "Dara will be a great Mrs. Kwon."

"Well, I still think she'll be better as Mrs. Jang." Wooyoung joked; Jiyong frowned. "Though Kwon sounds nicer. I don't want Dara to name her kids Jang Gul-Juice or Jang Enda-Beanstalk."

Jiyong slightly laughed, and said, "That's a good enlighten."

The edge of Wooyoung's lips twitched downward. "Yeah,"

As we approach YGE Building, Bom was glaring from afar. Her hands was on her hips, and she was glaring at the car as if we're armed by hundred of weapons. The moment we both step out, Jiyong earned a hard punch on the arm.

"I told you to be here at five!" She shouted, gritting her teeth.

"Dara was talking with an old friend of hers," Jiyong replied. "Jang Wooyoung."

Bom narrowed her eyes at him, as if scanning him for possible lies, and then, her phone rang so she had to cut herself from doing so.

"Are you already there? Fine, fine. We'll be heading there. Just a small misunderstanding, but I assure we won't ditch you. Okay, see you." Bom ended the call, and looked over Jiyong's shoulder. She looked like she was in a trance, imagining how the earth was created at the Big Bang.  After a few minutes, she shook her head and said, "Okay," She nodded, narrowing her eyes. "You may now go on and compose back at your fortress."

Jiyong creased his eyebrows, unable to content his curiosity with our little expedition and with Bom's sudden change of moods; he just exploded like a firework. "What do you girls are going to do anyways? And what's with the meeting up?"

"Just a night out before I marry," Bom showed her engagement ring that Top gave her. It sparkled so brightly it almost made me blind. "I want to escape stress."

"You need a clown not a husband." Jiyong said, rolling his eyes.

"You don't know anything, Jiyong." Bom sighed, and for a moment I saw a different side of her, a side I saw when the Mina incident occurred.

I quickly squeezed Jiyong's arm, pulling him down for his face to level at me and whispered in his ear. "Just this once, please."

He was insistent for a moment, his arms crossed on his chest but after a few seconds, his eyes softened and finally, he said, "Whatever you're up to Noona, I hope it won't bring anything bad to Dara. If you don't assure that nothing bad will come out of this, then the case is closed. I won't agree."

Bom smiled only for a second, and it immediately turned into a frown."I assure this will only bring good." Then, in a feeble and whispering voice that only I heard, she said, "And to you too, idiot. I'm doing you a favor if you just know."

"Well, we have a deal. I'll just ask Hyung the time you get home. After all, he is going to sleep at your dormitory today." Jiyong said, and kissed me on the head.

"I'm going now." He announced. "Take care."

I waved my hand at him as he opened the driver's side of his car and went inside. He slightly raised his hand, and through the tinted window, I barely made the image up. His mouth withholding something I recognize as paper and as the car engine revved so does my heart. When I have bad feelings about Bom's expeditions? Yeah, all the time.

I had the slight urge to run and follow Jiyong's car--to safety. But Bom wrapped her fingers around my arm before I managed to, and dragged me to a silver van.

Bom hurled me to the driver's seat; she sat at shotgun. I frantically looked at my surroundings, not because I haven't drove for a while but because the van feels foreign. It's bigger than my Mini Cooper. (Well, that's why it's called mini.)

"Unnie!" Someone shouted at my ear. Minzy. And I know now that we both aren't alone. Another voice joins in after Minzy, a voice I recognize as Chaerin. "Well, we're both ready."

"Where are we headed?" I asked, my hands still frantically raised and turned to Bom, who was marking up a whole map of Seoul with a red marker. She made a line from I assume was the first person, who lives at Gangnam and it stretches to Incheon, the last person.

"Gangnam-gu first. I think, if ever, today Incheon won't be the last place we'll visit. All plans will change with every boy absent." Bom announced, and then, asked, "Minzy, did you cooked enough food?"

"Yes, I did." Minzy answered. "It's inside tetra packs in case we'll not go outside."

"Good." Bom commented, and then, two seconds later turned to me. "What are you doing? Step in the pedal!"

"Oh, right!" I nervously gasped, and stepped on the gas a little too quickly that the van started with a jerk. Minzy literally flew out of her chair, and her head got stuck between Bom and I's chairs.

"Gangnam district, the street near the Zara shop. That's where your former suitor lives. He's currently in hiatus. Rumors are spreading he's jealous of his brother, who's also a celebrity but is topping charts worldwide. I don't remember his name." Bom reported. "But I know you could make out his name with this little clue.’ My brother and I have the same ending. Mine is not just as fairytale as you think"

"Well, I should say, that's not a good clue for a name." Minzy commented. "Any other?"

I had a name inside my head, but I'm too doubtful about it. How could he be it? There's no reason for him to be like that...or there should?

"Nothing. He's too private about family life. But what interests me is that he has the same birthplace as Sandara: Busan, South Korea." Bom answered.

"That's a good start. Where did you get that info?" Chaerin had now spoken.

"From Top. He is speechless when he gave me this information. He said, 'I don't think he might be it. He's too angelic."

I gulped. "I have the same speculations. Well, I have someone in mind but I think he's too far from doing these things."

"Well, don't lose that name Sandara. We're going to use that eventually." My eyes widen when Bom just called me by my whole name, but it quickly ended when Bom suddenly announced, "Everyone, please call each other with real names. That way, the ex-suitor won't feel he's being documented."

Everyone nodded.

I try to drive without my mind splitting out from my body. There were so much to think of, to figure out and there's so much little time. I wonder where this will lead us, because it seems so impossible. How can you search someone who's hiding from you? I mean, we search and he hides. That seems so surreal.

As we reach the outskirts of Gangnam, Bom started to point out the directions to Zara because she's the only one who's spending her time often here shopping. We kept on turning and turning, and it was so many that I lost count of it. Minzy was the one who spoke for the whole group, saying, "I'm dizzy."

Finally, after I assume was the hundredth turn, we reached Zara, a shop that actually wasn't isolated much from the other shops, but looks like it is, because it is between two dark alleys unlike the  
others. It wasn't closed yet, so somehow, it had given us a little help. The light coming from the glass-walled shop gave light to the dark alley.

Bom stepped out of the car and said, "Chaerin, you come with me."

The latter didn't have a problem with it, so she stepped out; her arms still crossed, and followed Bom into the alley. I watched from my side as they walked, stopped and knocked at a door. After a few knocks, the door wasn't opened yet so, unfortunately, Chaerin had the signal from Bom to kick the door. It broke, and they both welcomed their selves inside. After a few minutes they emerged from inside, gagging and choking. I waited for them to go back inside the van before starting the interrogation.

"What was inside?" I asked, as Bom settles the half side of her bottom on the chair. She grabbed the handle on top of her head, pulled herself up and sighed.

"The idiot left a some kind of foul-smelling gas bomb. There are no signs of life. Beers, wrappers and drugs everywhere. But..." She smiled. "I got you this."

She gave me a paper, a half-piece of a photograph. It was a picture of me, in a cocktail dress that I find old enough to not exist today, and I soon realized it was when one of my aunts got married.

"Flip over. There's a writing." Bom said, and I immediately obliged. Written at the back was the date of the wedding and a small phrase, 'Soon to be bride'. My hands trembled. No, it can't be him.

"So, what's the name you're saying a while ago?" Bom asked.

I shook my head, forcibly smiling. "No, I was wrong. This is isn't his handwriting."

"Well, whoever that is, just remember his name. The photograph won't assure our success, yet." Bom said. "Now, next stop."

I try to set his image aside. If it is him...well, it couldn't be. He's born in Seoul. He doesn't know my aunt. He doesn't have an older brother. It can't be him. There's too much differences.

"We're going to a club. You all wear these dresses, and we'll go in as waitresses." Bom handed each of us a uniform.

"What?" Minzy shrieked. "I am not going inside wearing this. This is too flimsy and short!"

"Well, don't help." Bom shortly replied and began to wear the dress. Underneath the dress, a white button-down should be worn, that's why Bom had to fully strip up to her underwear to dress up. She immediately switched positions with me, so I could dress up.

"You're going in as a regular Dara. We might encounter flaws with my plan, so I thought you better be dressed up as the club's regular customer and that would be our loving friend, Eun-hye. I borrowed her identification card, and a dress, which she gladly gave. I'm going to change your face." Bom said.

"How the freaking hell can you do that?" Chaerin asked from behind. She was now wearing the uniform along with Minzy, who was trying hard to cope with the skirt because it's too short for her liking.

"I have a mask that could help you form your face to other face shapes and some make-up. I asked the best make-up artists for steps." Bom said.

I just nodded, and stripped up until my underwear, before wearing the dress. It was a plain red tube dress that rests after my knees since Eunhye is much taller than me. It pretty much fits to me, hugging my body tightly so my unnoticed curves were seen. I started to get nervous.

Then, I paired it up with Bom's emergency red stiletto she always brings with her. She said it always looks so good with all her dresses so she brings it with her. I tried it with mine, and she was right. It looks great on Eunhye's dress.

Bom stopped the car, and when I looked around, I noticed we're at the back entrance of the club. The music was so loud I couldn't hear what Chaerin is murmuring.

"Okay, Dara, look at me and let's get started." Bom commanded and I obliged. Around her were three sets of opened make-up kits, and a large white box I don't recognize. She takes out something from the white box. It was a face shape, exactly like Eunhye's with the same skin color as hers. It was jellylike, and stretchable.

"You can breathe with this, so you're fine." Bom said, and ordered me to come closer. I obliged, and she put the mask on my face. It was heavy as Bom fits it up on my face. I am feeling like I'm lifting a small pack of flour with my face. But still, I can breathe.

Then, Bom worked with the make-up and started to apply it with my face mask. First was the odd looking make-ups then to the regular ones. Her hand was daft and fast, and from Minzy's face reaction, I could tell Bom is doing a fine job.

After ten minutes, Bom proudly clapped her shoulder and said, "Sandara, you're now like Eunhye."

"Wow, unnie! Can you do that to me too? I want to look like Taylor Swift!" Minzy gasped, her hands on her cheeks.

Bom quickly tied her hair into a bun. "Well, sure, if I research about Taylor Swift."

Chaerin just 'tched' and went out. We followed her suit.

Even by the back entrance that is only used by employees, the music inside can still be heard. It was like speakers were also installed here, or the doors aren't soundproof. If it is the latter, well I doubt the club will last, because behind it is a neighborhood. I even saw an old man going out of his house with his wooden stick stuck in the air, checking if there are teenagers or young adults to curse.

Bom distributed our fake identification cards. She handed me Eunhye's regular customer card while she gave employees' card to Minzy and Chaerin. Then, she rummaged through her backpack and gave me a clutch bag, a very expensive clutch bag she knows I'll refuse to use. I took a step back.

"Come on," Bom said. "For Jiyong. You should forget personal oaths just for now."

I accepted the bag, and put Eunhye's card inside it along with my phone. Minzy gave me a 'good luck' hug, Chaerin gave me a soft pat at the shoulder and told me we will meet later and everything would be fine and Bom gave me a kiss on the cheek. I tried to lift their spirits also, but before I did, they insisted I needed it most.  
Because like me, they don't think this plan will be a hundred percent foolproof or everything will be fine today.

Bom, Minzy and Chaerin entered through the back door; I made my way through the narrow alley to enter to the front door. With every step I take, my heart beats equally. It thumps like a drum.

I arrived at the front door smoothly, like Bom instructed me to. Eunhye doesn't get nervous easily, she says.

The guards quickly blushed when they saw me, pink tinges appearing across their noses and cheeks. Then, they opened the door for me, and I passed through.

"Thank you," I said, mimicking Eunhye's voice as much as possible and caressing the word sweetly as how she speaks. There's so much to remember about her, I started to get migraine.

The last time I went to a club was way back the Mina incident where I got a shot by my back. It still hurts, throbbing a million times per day, and seeing a club for less than two days since the incident is not good for me. When I started to remember what happened, I shook away my thoughts. It just scares me.

I lift my chin up, and went to Eunhye's favorite sit, the farthermost of the club. Bom's instruction is to lurk out my suitor by dressing up as Eunhye, because she doesn't serve only that so I could enter but  
also because Eunhye's is my ex-suitor's apple of the eye as of now, which explains his involvement to this club. Then, after lurking him in, Bom is the one responsible for the interrogating.

I took a sit, at the middle of the couch with my legs stick together. The music is so loud I want to scream and shout and tell them to shut up; I am not a party animal after all.

I looked around, and caught sight of a mirror. It's ancient, carved from a wood that's probably ages older than me. Then, I saw what's impossible.

"Eunhye!"

I froze. It was Seungri.

"Eunhye! This is Dae!"

I gulped. It was Daesung.

"Ah, Eunhye! I never thought I would see you here."

I mentally panicked. It was Youngbae.

"Eunhye,"

Even with Top's smooth and low voice, I want to duck.

"Eunhye, nice meeting you again."

I wanted to die. But I didn't. So, I did what Eunhye would do. I stood up, turned, smiled at the boys, and greeted them, "Oh, hey."

Seungri hugged me, and I hugged him back. But I didn't cry. I forced myself not to. Eunhye wouldn't miss Seungri.

"Eunhye! It's so nice to see you here. I thought I would never see you again since the filming of Heartstrings. Are you meeting up with Yonghwa?" He asked, breaking the hug.

I shook my head, smiling. "No, I am not. I'm here to unwind."

"We too. And to prevent GD calling his girlfriend. You know, the latest trending news." Youngbae added, pointing at Jiyong behind his back through his thumb. Then, in a whispering voice, he said, "GD can't get enough of his girlfriend."

Jiyong punched Youngbae on the head, which the latter just reacted with a laugh. I forced myself not to jerk forward and stop them, because really, I'm starting to get nervous if Youngbae still has his brain working with that punch.

I cracked my brain for possible actions Eunhye might take, like if she would play with Seungri and Daesung or she will just talk to the whole Big Bang. Then, I suddenly remember Eunhye taking risks, and acting first before everybody does. So, I told them, "Shall we sit?"

I quickly sat down to my old place. Top sat down beside me with Taeyang beside him then, Jiyong. Seungri and Daesung sat at my other side.

Then, I remember the code Bom and Top created, which they later on taught me. They said, if whispering would be too suspicious, use the code.

I took out my left hand from my clutch bag, translated our plan into the code, and my hand move its way to Top's. I gave him the code, squeezing, pinching and punching his hand. Later on, he answered through the code, "Where's Bom?"

I answered him, "Probably serving drinks. She'll be here when my ex- 
suitor comes."

Top said, "I'll help. Though why didn't you tell me earlier?"

I shrugged, and then, told him through the code, "What does Eunhye do when she's with you?"

Top answered, "Act like you."

I raised a brow. "She acts like me?"

Top just simply answered, "Yes."

"Shall I kiss Jiyong?" I joked.

Top laughed, which is ridiculous because he did it through the code.  
"Good luck with that."

"Eunhye, what drink do you want?" Seungri suddenly popped out at my front, grinning widely. I quickly retrieve my hand from Top's.

"White wine." I blurted, blushing in embarrassment, and not even thinking about it twice if Eunhye would order white wine…in a club.

Seungri nodded, and went out to get our drinks with Daesung.

Top can't stop worrying about Bom, because after a few seconds, he again told me through the code, "I'll just go see Bom."

He stood up, and told Taeyang and Jiyong, "I'll go tour the club."

Taeyang also stood up. "I'm going with you."

Top glared at him. "I'm not touring with you."

Taeyang shrugged. "Then, I'm going to tour it by myself."

Then, they disappeared among the crowd. Jiyong moves closer to me, but not too close to make anyone auspicious of us. He's texting someone and he's frustrated of it.

"Who're you texting?" I asked, peering over to look at his phone's screen, but Jiyong quickly placed his phone inside his jacket.

Jiyong smiled. "Can't get enough of your curiosity huh?"

I blushed.

He chuckled. "It's my girlfriend."

"Why are you so frustrated?" I asked, raising one eyebrow up.

He laughed. "Do you know the feeling when you're very protective of somebody because you very much like him or her, and she's too stubborn enough not to care for herself to the extent she'll just go with the flow carelessly?"

I shook my head, and replied, "No."

"Ah, maybe I'm just the only one who's feeling this or something." He shook his head. "You know, I really love my girlfriend. I just do. But whenever I try to take care of her by telling her to don't do this or don't do that she would just look at me as if telling me I'm being overprotective of her or if I'm too insistent, she'll be rebellious. I wanted to protect her, but she's too stubborn. Who cares about Bom's stress? What about me when she's harmed? What about me when she's gone?" Jiyong slides his fingers through his hair, frustrated.

I placed my hand on his shoulder, trying to advice as Dara and not Eunhye. "Why don't you understand her? Talk to her about things or just enjoy the company while she's around. Time matters when she’s aren’t around, but it matters preciously when she's around. You know, just go on with the flow. Girls can be sometimes rebellious when they're being deprived of something. Just understand, 'kay?"

Jiyong nodded, and smiled. "I'll try." He said.

"Drinks...” I was the only one enthusiastic about that voice, and I quickly turned. It was Bom. She's eyeing my hand at Jiyong's shoulder, so I quickly took it off. "Are served." She accentuated the last word.

As she places the drinks one by one from the tray to the table, Top appears behind her. "Why don't you hang out with us for a while? I told your manager to give you a break."

"What are you doing Hyung? Cheating behind Bom Noona's back?" Jiyong asked, amused. "Dirty and naughty." He commented.

"She's my old friend from college, idiot." Top replied, smoothly, his gaze sending daggers at Jiyong.

The latter raised both of his hands in surrender. "Okay, I get it."

Bom sat beside me; Top occupied the seat beside her. As soon as they were seated, they started talking about old times. Yes, old times like the way they do back at college, which I know was a lie because Bom went to the States for college. But they were acting nonchalant, as if what they are talking about was all true.

"Eunhye,"

I turned, and this time I didn't see anyone familiar that I wanted to hide from. It was the person we're looking. My ex-suitor, Yonghwa.

He ran up to me and hugged me. I crinkle my nose. He smells of vodka and rum.

"I can't breathe." I cried out when his hug was getting tighter.

Yonghwa pulled out, and I wheeze, trying to fill up my lungs with the equal lost air. Bom handed me water, which I drank up to the last brink.

I put the glass down on the table. "Don't do that again, Yonghwa."

"I'm sorry." He was about to sat beside me, but Jiyong quickly moved close, so he had to sit beside Jiyong. "Eunhye, I missed you."

Top stood up. "Jiyong, can you come with me?"

Jiyong didn't reply, his face was stiff and he didn't even flinch.

"Come on, they're just going to talk. I'm going to leave my friend here." Top insisted.

Jiyong finally stood up, and glared at Yonghwa. "Don't do anything stupid, ya hear that?" He warned and went out of the room, following Top behind.

Bom quickly sat on the table across both of us, her hand crossed and her eyes narrowed at Yonghwa. "Answer my questions honestly and you won't find your body tossed in the garbage can."

"What's happeni-"

"What's your childhood hometown?" Bom cut him in.

"Seoul. But I-"

"Do you have an older brother?"

"Yes, I do. But he's-"

"Are you going to marry?"

"Of course! Wait, I don't-"

"To whom are you going to marry?"

"To Eunhye!" Yonghwa shouted, and Bom hunched her shoulders, saddened.  
We had wasted time and money. Yonghwa isn't the one we need.

"What the hell is wrong with you waitress?!" Yonghwa shouted, pointing at Bom.

"We're wasting time, let's go Ssantokki." Bom grabbed my hand, and pulled me.

"Tokki?!" Yonghwa shrieked, and made Bom's grasp on my hand break. He grabbed my shoulders, tightly and I flinch.

"You're not Eunhye? Where's Eunhye? What did you do to her?" He asked, shouting so loud I thought I will go deaf.

"Oh come on, don't be too obsessed flower boy." Bom pushed Yonghwa away, and he flew on the couch.

"Let's go." She told me, but before we could take a step, a hand grabbed me by my shoulder and forced me to turn my back, making me groan because that's where my wound was located.

I turned, and I got splashed by rum in the face.

"That's for fooling me!" Yonghwa shouted and stormed out.

I screamed, and placed both of my hands on my face. The rum made my face sting, because of the mask and the make-up. I don't even want to open my eyes, because it throbs like hell.

"Eunhye!" I heard Top's voice, and I've been carried, one hand by the neck and one hand by the back of my knees.

"It's okay." Top whispered in my ear, and I felt we're running, the wind worsening the sting the rum has made. There were shouts, shrieks and screams everywhere and I even heard someone being punched, but I  
was too scared what I might look like or if my eyes will hurt that I didn't remove my hands.

I felt being laid on the back seat of someone's car. Maybe Top's.

"We should get her to the apartment. I could treat her there. She can't go out as Eunhye." I heard Bom speak, and the clicking of the seatbelt.

"We'd better be." Top replied, and the engine revved.

"Tell Chaerin and Minzy to get to the apartment also, and to bring in pain killers and Dara's favorite juice. I'll tell Taeyang to hold Jiyong in making Yonghwa a punching bag." Top ordered, and I heard phone noises following. BEEP BEEP BEEP. There was silence for a while then, the united talking of Top and Bom, ordering the others around.  
After all, defying them is impossible since it is courtesy to always follow the people older than you. And that's them to us.

Then, I felt the car move, and the air from the air conditioner stings my face through the gaps between y fingers. I heard myself shout.

"Dara, are you okay?" I heard Bom ask.

I grunted. "No." and then, my eyes swell and it created tears. I wanted to wipe them, but my face just sting so much I can't.

Then, I heard the engine stop, the door opens, closes and it opens again. I felt being lifted, a foot higher than my own height that I got vertigo, and being rushed inside.

Top, I assume it was him, laid me on my back on the couch, as he whispers encouraging words on my ear.

"What did Yonghwa threw on my face?" I manage to ask, my voice is shaky because I am still crying.

"Promise me you won't panic." Top's words were soft and encouraging.

I gulped. "Okay,"

"Dara, please promise me." He put his hand on my stomach, but I didn't care. It was a gesture I found foreign but made me comfortable.

"It was acid Dara. Yonghwa mistook the acid for the white wine you ordered. We didn't know what it was, until the mask started to melt when we were at the car. Bom is currently searching for it so we could remedy your face. Are you feeling fine Dara?" Top was conscious about his words, but I didn't panic like I promised. I stayed calm, and my crying stopped.

"It stings." I admitted. "My face stings."

"It's going to be fine." He encouraged, but he didn't seem sure of himself. I just nodded.

"Top, could you tell Eunhye what happened so at least she'll be informed." I heard Bom. She's behind the couch. "I mean, tell her the whole story from top to bottom."

Top's steps ascended, then quickly descended and I feel Bom's hand caresses my hands.

"Please hold on until Chaerin comes." She whispered and kissed the back of my left palm.

I choke back again my tears. "Bom, do you think Jiyong will know about this?"

I felt her smile. "You're in the verge of losing your beauty and you still think of that idiot? I'm going to tell him that."

"Bom," I shouted. "Don't you dare."

"I won't." She assured. "I'll tell him when this all ended."

As if on cue, our front door blasted and a series of choking and huffing followed.

"Unnie!" I heard Minzy's voice. She's panicking.

"What the hell did you two riots do?! I'm not going to pay for the repair job for that door!" Bom shouted, in outrage.

"I'm going to fix that!" Top replied, maybe he's at her room.

"What do you want us to do? Knock softly and say, 'Unnie, we're here. I want to see Dara Unnie's face." Chaerin mocked Bom. "No way."

"Okay, fine." Bom grunted. "Where's the medicine I told you to buy?"

"Here." I felt Minzy give Bom something. It was in a small plastic bag, I assume, because the contents jiggle inside and made some small noise.

I feel Bom kneel beside me, her breathing was steady and collected.  
She reached for my hands and squeezed it.

"Dara, please take this off." She said. It was more of a command than a plead, but I still I obliged. I remain my eyes closed.

Minzy and Chaerin gasped, and I tried not to panic. If the acid had made me ugly, what now? I mean, this is the only thing I've been proud of. Can I lose it that easily?

Bom removed the mask and I flet fresher and lighter. She sighed, which the girls quickly followed with a heavier one, and started to work on my face. She applied something liquid on different parts of my face, and stuck something on it also.

"Open your eyes." She softly said, and I obliged. Bom was smiling.

"Don't close it until the drops goes in, okay?" She said, and I nodded. Then, she lifted her hand where her index and thumb was holding an eye dropper, and then, she squeezed it. The liquid drops on my eye, and I closed it quickly. Bom did the same to the other one.

After we're done, Bom helped me up and forced me to swallow painkillers. It was the first of the list of medicines I don't like the taste. I almost vomited after swallowing one.

Minzy gave me my favorite juice drink, and I quickly drank it. It was my comfort food. At least I found comfort even for a short period of time only.

Top appeared in front of Bom's room. He's already dressed in his nightwear.

"Jiyong's coming. Hide your wounds. Change into your nightwear." He said, monotonous and quickly got inside.

Bom quickly tossed me a face mask, and my usual nightwear, a shirt and a pair of pajamas. "Wear it!" She hysterically said.

I wore it; my hands were deft and fast as I apply the mask to my face. Well, I was glad my hands still knows how to handle a mask, because the last time I wore one, it was months ago. Then, I wore my night clothes, stripping the dress and stilettos off, and replacing it my pajamas and shirt. I quickly tossed the dress and stilettos to Bom, which she threw inside her room, because she as just beside it. 

Then, I used Bom's hair band to prevent my hair from sticking on the mask. I don't feel clean, but I feel my wounds were covered.

After a few seconds, Jiyong appeared at our doorstep, since we don't have our front door anymore. He steadied himself using the walls both beside him, and after catching his breath, he ran up to me to hug me.  
He smelled sweat.

"I missed you isn't the word now since you just saw each other hours ago. Maybe, I'm worried?" Bom told Jiyong. "Hey dragon, it's too late. Why don't you go home and just sleep?"

Jiyong glared at Bom, pulled out from the hug, held my shoulders and then, fixed his gaze at me. "Top told me you went to the same club we went to."

"You went to a club?!" I shrieked, feigning an overprotective girlfriend.

"Should I say the same to you?" He said, irritated his voice was tight.

"But you know we're going to a club! I didn't know you were going to a club. That's a different concept, Kwon Jiyong." I told him, narrowing my eyes.

"B-I-N-G-O." Chaerin sang, counting her fingers.

"Look, were you there when Yonghwa threw white wine to Eunhye?" He asked, his eyes showing series of worry.

"No," I lied. "Why?"

He sighed in relief, bowing his head. "Nothing."

I grabbed his chin and inspected his face. He had a large bruise by his cheek. "Is that a bruise I'm seeing?" I pointed at it.

"I just made Yonghwa realize his mistake." He reasoned out.

"We're not talking." I announced, and stood up. Jiyong followed me behind.

"Dara I was just getting revenge for Eunhye after Yonghwa became such a jerk." He tried to explain. I opened the fridge and grabbed Bom's emergency ice bag.

As soon as I closed the fridge, Jiyong was leaning beside it. I shove the ice bag on his bruise, which made him wince and told him, "Then, why were you at the club in first place?"

"To celebrate their engagement." He simply replied.

"Look, you always tell me to take care of myself and to always tell you where I am. But when I tell you the same thing, why do you always lie?" I shouted, punching the table.

He pursed his lips.

"I'm very confident that you won't get hurt because you told me you're going to compose back at your house, and then, the next thing I'll hear is that you went to a club and earned a bruise." I tried to explain him things. "Jiyong did you realize you're much worse than me?"

He bowed his head. "I do."

Then, he looked at me with his own version of puppy-dog eyes that Chaerin almost vomited and Minzy squeal. Bom just simply shook her head.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Asking for forgiveness." He replied, smiling. "Can I have forgiveness?"

I sighed. "You're forgiven."

Then, he ran up to me to hug me, and I felt worse. Because when he thought he was the one always at fault...I was the one who is.

I was the one who's the worst in this relationship.