Target 3

"Ssantokki, I have good news for you!" Dara suddenly hears Bom shouting from the front door, and in haste, she wipes her tears away to hide it from her—to hide the fact she'd been crying.

"Ssantokki!" Bom shouts again, hopping towards Dara this time. And when Bom already saw her, her lips curved downward in distaste. She never liked her crying, especially during daylight. "You're crying again, aren't you?" She asks, narrowing her eyes. 

Since there was no way out, Dara admits by nodding as she wipes the tears on her eyes. "I'm fine now. Just remembered something." She assures her best friend.

Bom sighs and sits down beside her before an awkward silence envelopes them and keep them from talking. Bom always dared not to name Taeyang (Youngbae's stage name) for the past two years because even though it has already been two years since she broke up with him, the wound is still as fresh as it was cut.

"So what's that you're going to tell me?" Dara starts to ask in a stuffy voice, trying to smile even amidst the fact her face has turned red from crying. When Bom starts to smirk, Dara immediately knows there was something fishy going on—or something that will violate her rights as a free woman. It's either Bom will make her have a production number on the street as a part of a campaign or make her run weird errands. Or both at the same time.

"Bom?" Dara asks, making her voice sound higher and pinned. Bom laughs at her best friend's gesture, and holds both of her hands. Dara raises an eyebrow at her, since it makes it scarier that way.

"You should audition in YGE." She says, eagerly with her eyes shining and Dara could tell that just by the idea of it, Bom is already in Cloud 9. Dara jerks back, but Bom pulls her closer.

"G-Dragon is holding an audition for his leading lady in his new music video, which is probably some sappy love song about a break up or a girl who ruined his career or maybe for a change, about a girl who he dearly loves but hey, in addition, YG sangjanim is finding a girl for the pending group. This is the 3 of us: CL, Minzy and I. We are planned to be a trio originally, but it wouldn't hurt to add one more, wouldn't it?" Bom says, giving her her puppy dog look that Dara had always given in. The latter bites her lower lip in contemplation and then sighs, after a few seconds.

"Fine." She mutters, and Bom proceeds to hug her tightly, her chest against her flat ones. Dara pats her back, grinning. "But it's up to them if I'll be accepted. I'll just try." She whispers against Bom's ear, but suddenly her best friend lifted her up in the air, about more than six feet on the ground (including the sofa bed). Dara shrieks out of perplexity, but let Bom be. She's just too excited.

"Thank you, Ssantokki!" She sings aloud, in the tune of some song Dara can't comprehend, and quickly brings her down. Dara laughs loudly, bringing again laughter in the room she once cried in.

◄►

"I'm sorry, GD but there is no auditionee left." The staff announces with a crestfallen voice from the other side. Jiyong sighs, running his fingers through his hair, and it falls down on his forehead perfectly—as if he had done something imperfect, well, other than love. He'd end up calling the girls who don't obviously have talent. He'd end up putting up with heartless, unworthy shootings. He'd end up with an average lead actress and an average comeback. He didn't want to sound harsh, but how can he state the ugly truth? In any way, it'd end up ugly.

He gathers all of the papers he used and was about to stand up to leave and just drown himself in his favorite comfort food when the staff shouts again, "I'm sorry, GD but it turns out there's a postscript. What we will do?"

Postcript. Jiyong goes back to his seat immediately and when the staffs peers his head in gestures to let the auditionee enter. Well, there is no assurance if the actress he's finding is this one. And every opportunity, he needs to grasp it no matter how surreal.