Curtains

jugheads pov.

One week. 7 days, since I last talked to Betty. Seeing her at school and seeing her at the serpent meetings has sucked. Not being able to talk to her or hold her hand. Not even hug her. But it's what she thinks needs to happen and the last thing I want is to upset her.

I haven't gone to Archie's all week. I know if i'm over there i will be tempted to go and try to talk to her. So i'm giving her space, which hurts. I just wish she could realize that this whole thing isn't her fault and that i don't blame her. I just want to be able to spend time with her again and talk like we used to.

Since i wasn't staying at Archie's, i had no choice but to go home and stay here. Which has been awkward to say the least. I have a very strong feeling that dad hates me more and more everyday that Jellybean and Mom don't come home and that's why he doesn't talk to me. He comes home and sits on the couch to watch tv. I occasionally hear him pick up the phone and try to call my mom with no luck. I feel awful, and being home without anyone to talk to has given me time to think and really press myself with the fact that it is my fault that Mom and J left. And it hurts like hell.

My phone starts ringing beside me on my bed and i pick it up to see that Archie is calling. I hesitate to answer because i really do not feel like talking but answer it anyways.

"hey arch, what's up"?

"hey juggie, nothing, i was just wondering if you wanted to come stay that night and maybe watch some movies or play some video games"?

this is exactly why i didn't want to answer.

"i dunno Archie , maybe another -"

"come on man, i'm bored. and i know you are too, i miss hanging out".

"your acting like we haven't been seeing each other everyday at school". i laugh.

"i know, but i kinda miss you staying over here it was cool sharing a room with my best friend".

i have to admit, it was pretty fun. we haven't really hung out that much since before him and veronica got together.

"alright i'll be over in a bit". i hang up the phone and toss it back into the bed. I run my hands through my hair not sure if i should call Archie back and tell him i'm not going to come because i really don't feel up to it.

I get up anyways and start putting some clothes in a bag along with other things i need for an overnight stay.

I walk into Archie's house and am greeted by Mr. Andrews who is sitting on the couch.

"Hey Jug, how have you been"?

"I'm alright, sorry I haven't been coming over as much. Where's Archie"?

"in the backyard". he turns back to his movie and I set my bag down on the stairs then make my way to the Andrews' back yard.

As i slide open their back door i see Archie shooting his basketball into his goals.

"Archie, hey". he turns around and stops bouncing his ball.

"Hey dude, thank god you came over. I have been so bored all day". He walks over to me and takes a drink from his water bottle. "I talked to Betty earlier when i was walking her home". I asked Archie to walk her home from now on since i couldn't, i still wanted to make sure she was safe.

"How is she"? I wish i could just go next door and talk to her.

"She misses you. But she thinks that this is for the best". He sets his water bottle and basketball down. "Wanna throw the football"?

"uh not really". I think that he forgets i'm not like his other friends and i don't like sports. He runs across his yard and grabs his football anyways, tossing it my way. I catch it but barely.

"So how are things with you and Veronica"? I ask him as i throw the ball back to him.

"We have been talking some everyday, I still don't know why she broke up with me though". We keep tossing the ball back and forth as we talk and i get a little better with every throw.

"i'm sorry dude. Have you tried getting Betty to talk to her"?

"I really don't know how close B and V are to be honest, do you think that Veronica would even tell Betty".

"Listen Betty is one of the easiest people to talk to. She makes every conversation feel i don't know, welcoming and it's like you know she isn't going to judge you".

A smile spreads a crossed his face. "Your whipped bro".

"Huh"?

"Do you not listen to the way you talk about this girl? You guys are definitely meant to be". It feels good to hear someone say that but also hurts because i miss her so much.

We threw the football back and forth until Fred called us in to eat dinner. We ate burgers and fries, what seems to be everyone is Riverdales favorite dish, thanks to Pop. But no one beets Pop his are no doubt the best in the game.

As we walk up the stairs to Archie room I remember all the time Betty, Archie and I had hung out here the last few weeks. I smile spreads across my face at the memories, and i know me and Betty will have more. I know that this can't be the end of us. As we reach Archie's room i look across the room out the window. In Bettys window are now white curtains. The thought of her telling me she was going to buy those makes my smile grow even wider.

"Jug wanna play some video games"? I turn around to see Archie already setting up a game on his xbox.

"Sure". I walk over and sit down beside him on the floor. He hands me a remote and we start to play some game Arch has been obsessed with since like last year.

I think that this is the first night since me and Betty broke up that I might not feel so lonely.

Kinda short chapter, sorry! But i hope you guys still enjoyed it.

Thank you for all the love on my story it means so much to me, you guys are amazing!

Also, I just wanted to say if anyone ever need someone to talk to my messages are always open! :)

I hope everyone enjoys tonight's episode tonight!

i'll update soon !